Question For Our Norwegian Friends

sjfcsteve

We know Norway will be expensive to drink in and I am sure many of us will be planning on buying our beer and drinking in the street or hotel if we can but it would be nice if the fans can have a pub or two as a base for the trip. 

Are there any bars that you know that would be able to sort out some sort of deal for St.Johnstone fans in order to attract the large amount of custom they would undoubtedly get? Even if they put one on type of local beer at a cheap price for fans and be happy for some flags to be put up then that would probably be enough to pull in the fans.

Already had an email response from MacBeths bar advising of prices:£8.60 for a pint of Heineken. Unwilling/can't do any special offer for us due to laws in Norway. Surely a midweek we can get beers for £4-5?? Help RBK fans.

Apparently according to somebody that I work with said if the police catch you in the street drinking you'll get banged up in the cells for the night.

They'll order you to stop drinking and pour out any open bottles. And that's it. No fine, and no jail. You have to be very drunk before the police take you in.

We originally took the name of another Norwegian club. Odd. A group of lads wanting to play football, nothing big. Eventually they became a part of the FA and took the name of the part of the city where the club was founded. At that time Rosenborg was far from the biggest club in Trondheim so it would have been weird to take the name of the city. 

Edited by Rosenborg Trondheim

Quick question, why are Rosenborg called this & not Trondheim or something like that?

You may have the same question about us, St Johnstone comes from Perth being referred to as 'St. John's Toun' in the middle ages.

Rosenborg was founded by some teenagers as SK Odd in 1917 named after Odd BK of Skien who was the dominating team in Norway at that time. When SK Odd wanted to join the NFF in 1927, NFF decided that they didn't want two clubs with the same name. And forced SK Odd to change name. They took the name Rosenborg after the part of town where the founders grew up and club was founded.

As a short fun fact, Rosenborg won it's first title in 1960 beating their former idols Odd BK in the cup final.

So in short, Rosenborg is an area in Trondheim.

I promised in another thread to ask around for you lot. Macbeth were wankers as usual. Will give Three Lions a shot later tonight. 

I e-mailed MacBeths on behalf of the Barossa St Club members who are going, no reply and not interested

Give these jokers a body swerve (dearest pub in town apparently) dont be taken in by this "Scottish pub" pash

FIRSTLY - those prices are for a PINT

In most bars they DON'T SERVE PINTS, they serve smaller glasses, so the price is around £3-5 a go.

I lived in Sweden for many years and here is what they do:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Get a carry out. Drink it.

Get a carry out. Take it into the bar.

Be discrete.

I e-mailed MacBeths on behalf of the Barossa St Club members who are going, no reply and not interested

Give these jokers a body swerve (dearest pub in town apparently) dont be taken in by this "Scottish pub" pash

Get the Scottish theme crap tae fffffffffffffffff...

The THEME bars are more expensive. Get yourself to a local "pizza place", that happens to double as a bar.

Beers are ALWAYS CHEAPER WHEN FOOD IS SERVED.