Question For Our Norwegian Friends

sjfcsteve

I figured :wink:

Anyway, they were greatly exaggerated, and "skål" is really a magic word, meaning something like "yay, we're drinking alcohol!" Binge drinking is huge in Norway; everyday drinking is not.

Here in Sweden, I quickly realised that nobody drinks a drop during the week but come the weekend, everyone goes absolutely wild with the drink and Snus.

"Skål" was the first word I learnt here. Though I've got everyone saying saying 'slange' now!

Prepare for some Swedish Saints in attendance, Vegard. Some added spice my friend!

What's the weather like in Norway just now?

Forecast says rainy and 12 degrees max so maybe shouldn't be packing the shorts?

It's actually a full 14,2 degrees! But little water projectiles seem to be shooting down from the clouds at an incredible speed and frequency right now.

Hva publikum blir på kampen neste uke?

Expect no more than 8000 fans showing up, most likely less than that. 

The stadium has a capacity of about 21000, so the atmosphere shouldn`t be all that great during the match. Sadly. As I said in the other thread, please do ask should you need any information or help. I`ll do my best.

Emailed a few pubs to ask about deals for Saints fans and most would be happy to see us but can't offer a discount.

The three lions (which would have to be taken over with saltires first) will give us an offer of 67 kr for a pint and 150 kr for a burger, chips and a pint. The food with the drink is cheap in comparison to elsewhere.

what's bruk bar like (beer prices)

does anyone know price of newcastle brown ale on tap @macbeth's

Prices are pretty average there, about 7-8 quid for the pint. Don`t know if they have Newcastle. Both Dublin and Three Lions serve Newcastle iirc. 

Cheers Timmeh,is it cheaper by train from airport to city centre or bus?

i think i read further back that train is cheaper £7.50 but runs hourly

£10.00 bus but runs every 15 or 20 mins and stops near or at hotels, you can get a return which is cheaper

Edited by lmsaintee

Emailed a few pubs to ask about deals for Saints fans and most would be happy to see us but can't offer a discount.

The three lions (which would have to be taken over with saltires first) will give us an offer of 67 kr for a pint and 150 kr for a burger, chips and a pint. The food with the drink is cheap in comparison to elsewhere.

=================================================================================

Yes, 3 Lions for me, might only be one when we leave.

Seriously, heard they were prepared to do a deal on the food.

Yup, 3lions by far the busiest pub there when I was there. Followed closely by little London, if that was the pub you had to go down stairs to get into. I had some great weekends in Trondheim, if the Genie ever visited, my 3 wishes would be to remain 25 for ever, live in Trondheim and be very rich!

If someone is in Trondheim already on tuesday, there's a bar called 'Raus'  got 50% on cocktails.

Somone asked about the prizes at Brukbar further up her, about the same here to, but you should know that football shirts is not allowed here.

Some Crusaderfans which was here last week fell in love with a bar area called 'solsiden' (5 min walk from Three Lions) But here's the beer even more expensive. (But one bar at 'Solsiden' called 'Barmuda' got Cava for 150 Norwegian kroner)  Shitty weather in Trondheim now, so i'll doubt you'll enjoy 'solsiden' so much.

-

and yeah, most of the singing Rosenborg-fans will just suddenly appear on the stadium (Own pub up on our stand).

easiest way to get thumbs up in Trondheim is just to say ''I HATE MOLDE!''

A short film about our city:

If you have time to do som sights i would really recommend that you visit our cathedral Nidarosdomen. (i'm going out for beers on wednesday so if i'll meet you i'll probably give you an offer to be guided around on thursday if anyone is interested)

Welcome to Trondheim