Rosenborg V St Johnstone July 18Th Europa League 2Nd Round

Shibbydoo

What a fantastic result and first away win in Europe. A goal at home early means they have to score three so every chance, even a boring 0-0 would do. So they are top of their league and will probably make the Champions League next season eh?

Half-time.

Wouldn't they win on away goals if they hit two in that scenario?

That's not right, though, as scoring two goals away would give us two away goals, against your one.

(If this match was in Scotland, you would have been right)

Good point, I got carried away/ :laugh:

Wouldn't they win on away goals if they hit two in that scenario?

Woops, already addressed.....didn't realise we were on page 17 haha

Being recognized for the performance it was:

A fantastic result for St Johnstone against a club with 20 times the playing budget of the Perth men.

2. 1952:

BBC Sportsound Billy Dodds: "This is just the tonic Scottish football needed. Celtic winning last night, that was expected, this wasn't."

3. 1952:
    FULL-TIME

Rosenborg 0-1 St Johnstone

To be fair, Stevie Miller is doing the live stream there. Diehard Saints fan.

Lack of match fitness was showing a wee bit near the end of the game, I think most were running on adrenalin.

Hopefully we don't pick up any knocks against the Coagies on Sunday.

Nigel had a great first half, NO player had a bad game (just match fitness issues). Alan Mannus was superb, I think it was something like 4 or 5 superb stops from him.

Great start to Tommy and Callum's tenur.

C O Y S

Motherwell fan just joined to add my congratulations excellent result but more importantly the performance deserved it,if anything having watched the game online they should be happy that they are still in it as you could and should have had one or two more in the second half,well done to everyone connected to the club tonight .Put in the same level of performance in the return and we will see you in the next round no problem,well done again.