Rosenborg V St Johnstone July 18Th Europa League 2Nd Round

Shibbydoo

Might be a stream, but you should know that the Scottish media HATE us, and will consider Hibs attempts at overturning a 1st leg 2-0 defeat to Malmo far more worthy of coverage.

Being a Rosenborg fan I'm familiar with that kind of complaining.

I'm sure the TV-companies of Scotland, like the TV-companies of Norway primarily is interested in earning the most money. And Hibs being the far most popular team of the two, i understand that choice.

I'm sure the TV-companies of Scotland, like the TV-companies of Norway primarily is interested in earning the most money. And Hibs being the far most popular team of the two, i understand that choice.

Are you coming to Perth Kjello? I'm sure you'll make lots of friends if/when you get here.

St Johnstone don't do the media whore thing. We do not operate in debt, we abide by the rules and a high moral standard. Business is done appropriately behind closed doors. For that reason, the media don't get their scandals and inside information that they love to print idiotic bile about.

I almost hope it's not on TV. This could well be the highest home attendance for over a decade, TV coverage would undermine that.

Are you coming to Perth Kjello? I'm sure you'll make lots of friends if/when you get here.

Nope. I'm still a student and don't have the money for traveling to away matches yet. Working all summer to make some money to make it through the last winter of studying with out taking up more student loans.

Brilliant :

" ST JOHNSTONE: Mannus 9, Mackay 8, Wright 8, Anderson 8, Scobbie 8, Hasselbaink 8 (Edwards 66, 5), Millar 8, Cregg 8, Wotherspoon 8 (Miller 81, 4), McDonald 8, MacLean 8. Booked: Anderson "

This match reminds me much of our only home loss in the league this season. 0-1 against Sandnes Ulf after an early goal for them. And then you, like them focused on counter attacks. A smart tactic as Rosenborg has problems playing against teams that stay extremely low. But doesn't really make you look like a great team.

Given tonight's performance, I will be incredible disappointed should we be eliminated by you guys. However, I expect you to be better and a more attack minded team at home. And that will probably suit Rosenborg better as well.

Anyone know if there will be stream available?

Why would we be foolish enough to play the type of game that suits Rosenborg ? Saints got the tactics right and had MORE than enough chances to score a few more . Think the Rosenborg fans are forgetting about that . Sure you had chances but with a budget 20 times the size of ours we expected that .

The reason we sat back in the second half was mostly to do with this being our FIRST competitive game of the season , not because we're not able to compete with you .

I seem to be one of the few that wasn't hugely surprised at this result. Everyone viewed Rosenberg on their history rather than currently. Yes at times we had a bit of good fortune in the second half but it was our first game of the season. And to balance that we were unlucky not to score a second.

I said beforehand that I would rather play Rosenberg than Celtic. and after what Celtic did to Cliftonville, who are apparently much better than Crusaders, I was more confident.

That said it was still a fantastic performance and result.

I think we will set up exactly the same next week and try to keep possession. I actually think we will score again next week as Rosenborg didn't look too clever at the back.

The best experience I've ever had as a Saints fan. Wright had us set up perfectly and the boys fitness was a big suprise considering our lack of games.

The walk to the stadium brought Trondheim to a standstill, as we were greeted with smiling faces and waves....... In fact I'd go as far as to say alot of the locals were happy to see us win from congratulations we got.

What a day- from the stadium tour to the three lions everything we did was fantastic.

Thank you St Johnstone!

It's been a few hours and it still hasn't sunk in. While next week will still be a challenge at least we have a week of real belief that we can get through as opposed to putting a brave face on another away defeat hoping that we can turn a tie around without any evidence to show that we can.

Thank you St Johnstone for getting my weekend off to a flyer :-)

But doesn't really make you look like a great team.

Awww no!

Someone we just beat doesn't think we looked like a great team.

Commentators saying you had 20 times our budget. Not sure if its true, but if it is then I'm not bothered about you saying we didn't look like a good team. None of us have any illusions about that!

But aye, enjoy the second leg etc

Sounds like it was a great experience for everyone who went, memories of Vassa all over, hopefully our great European home record will scare the crap out of the opposition haha

Im not sure what the club has planned but would love to see them do a heavily reduced gate entrance fee to get the ground packed full of supporters

Saintees to win

Perry

Didn't make the trip as the engine in my car gave up the ghost on Wednesday morning. Been a right miserable bugger for 2 days then I get in from cutting the grass last night to discover the game was an early kick off and we'd won. :mrgreen:

From the posts on here from most Rosenberg fans it looks like there's plenty sore losers over in Trondheim... I guess they have an Old Firm mentality given all their years of success. Losing to a team who are nowhere near match fit and who's highest earners are earning around £1k per week must hurt a bit I suppose.

Looking forward to the home leg now. I think this result might be enough grab the attention of lapsed fans everywhere. Dare I suggest something close to a full attendance next week?

Sounds like it was a great experience for everyone who went, memories of Vassa all over, hopefully our great European home record will scare the crap out of the opposition haha

Im not sure what the club has planned but would love to see them do a heavily reduced gate entrance fee to get the ground packed full of supporters

Saintees to win

Perry

It's £24 to get in.  Saints shouldn't need to reduce prices after last night, if the people of Perth can't support the team now they never will.  That said, I'm confident we will have a big crowd on Thursday