Rosenborg V St Johnstone July 18Th Europa League 2Nd Round

Shibbydoo

A very proud Saintee today. My dad passed away yesterday morning and I'd like to think he was cheering Saints on from where he is now. As a former senior ticket holder, he'd have been absolutely delighted too. Will try to go next week and give an extra cheer from dad. COYS

it wa a truely memorable night, Rosenburg were poor we have nothing to fear in the second leg, every player was a collosus, special mention to Gary McDonald who ran the middle alongside Midge, Mannus saves were amazing. Disappointed in the Rosenburg fans attitude towards us last night found the majority of them unwelcoming and rude.  

But what the hell it was an amazng time and for all the 460 fans there a thing they will never forget.

Now sitting in Thorp airport waiting for my connection to Liverpool. The journey has been enjoyable,meeting load of Saintees from everywhere.

Hello

Yeah, what can you say... Congratulations, and well deserved, first and foremost, I guess. Perhaps our nadir so far this season, utterly dreadful performance - not to take anything away from you. On the bright side, surely it's a kick up the arse, which we honestly need.

Other than that: Look forward to the away leg in Scotland, going to be a thriller. And, hey, if we're going out, there are loads cunty teams to get knocked out by, might as well be someone nice. Ran into the big marching pack of the travelling fans biking home from work today, good vibes was had from every away fan. Cheers.

Someone earlier complained about the home turnout. Considering it's a Europa League mid-week game during a period with shit weather and loads of people going on holidays, it wasn't too bad. Not very good either, but nothing to be ashamed about.

Also, the thing about our presumed arrogance about the game... Not really true, I don't think I've heard anyone say this was a walk in the park. We were expecting a better result than what we got, sure, but no one thought it'd be a pisstake. So that's a bit unfair on us, to be honest.

Having said that, I hope we do give you guys a ****ing pasting on home soil. Winner gets Shetland, eh? Let's do our forefathers proud.

Good luck, and thanks for the match :laugh:

Good guy

This match reminds me much of our only home loss in the league this season. 0-1 against Sandnes Ulf after an early goal for them. And then you, like them focused on counter attacks. A smart tactic as Rosenborg has problems playing against teams that stay extremely low. But doesn't really make you look like a great team.

Given tonight's performance, I will be incredible disappointed should we be eliminated by you guys. However, I expect you to be better and a more attack minded team at home. And that will probably suit Rosenborg better as well.

Anyone know if there will be stream available?

Wank

I was hoping to see Saints score away in Europe, but to see them win tops it all! Huge well done to the fans for a superb backing all game, a special well done to young Nick who had a tenner on Wright first goal and 1-0, he's £3700 better off today!

Ahaha. Forgot your man showed me that last night. Brilliant

I was hoping to see Saints score away in Europe, but to see them win tops it all! Huge well done to the fans for a superb backing all game, a special well done to young Nick who had a tenner on Wright first goal and 1-0, he's £3700 better off today!

Definitely the best day of my life! Good meeting you Dave! Hopefully see you next Thursday!

Edited by Nick

Seeing the Rosenberg fans utterly seething (Hank aside) makes this even better.

Roond yis.

Surprising as the people in Trondheim are top notch.

I may be seething, but not utterly :( Just a tiny bit. There's no doubting we deserved to lose on the night, but we also have the potential to play much better than we did yesterday, and I'm hoping we're able to raise our game next week :D

Anyone spot the the thing that is missing from the shots of our fans???

In Turkey the shirt swapping...............in Norway..... just blank looks!

I did notice the lack of feeling between fans actually, whilst the Norweigens were friendly enough, hardly warming and positive. Although we somehow got one to approach us and swap his scarf, that was about the only contact all pre and post game.