Wrights Favoured Formation?

541ntees

Anyone who has taken in both friendlies got any idea how we are likely to line up in Norway?

will he stick to Lomas's 433 or change to his own style? i read that we tried out 442.

wanna hazard a guess at the starting line up? looks like pretty much everyone got  run out

I think the team that started against Morton will be pretty close to the one that starts on Thursday.

In a 4-3-3/4-5-1;

Mannus

Mackay Miller Wright Scobbie

Millar Cregg McDonald

Wotherspoon Maclean Hasselbaink.

Swap Miller for Anderson and Scobbie for Easton and that's how we'll go IMO.

Edit: Must say - I was really impressed with Miller at centre back. He's big, quick, composed and good on the ball. I can actually see him doing really well there if he gets a run at it.

My formation for what its worth.  MANNUS..MCKAY..ANDO.WRIGHT SCOBBIE....MIDFIELD....5 OF WOTHERSPOON MCDONALD..CREGG..MILLAR +EASTON...WITH MCLEAN LONE STRIKER . Bringing on Edwards..Hasslebaink and MAY to stretch their defence in the last 20 mins and nick an away goal.4-5-1. COYS BELEIF AND HARDWORK IS THE KEY.

My formation for what its worth.  MANNUS..MCKAY..ANDO.WRIGHT SCOBBIE....MIDFIELD....5 OF WOTHERSPOON MCDONALD..CREGG..MILLAR +EASTON...WITH MCLEAN LONE STRIKER . Bringing on Edwards..Hasslebaink and MAY to stretch their defence in the last 20 mins and nick an away goal.4-5-1. COYS BELEIF AND HARDWORK IS THE KEY.

That could be your best ever post!

Mannus

Mackay Ando Wright Easton

Miller Millar Cregg McDonald Wotherspoon

McLean

Be happy with that lineup to be honest, provided it isn't a ploy to have a back 5 in defence and a back 4 in attack like Lomas tried against Crltic once. Miller was MOTM against Motherwell for me, playing in a fairly advanced position on the right. I think he could be a big player this season in he fits in a team with MacKay as well. Not convinced they aren't too similar though.

wright has talked about their defence as being a weakness so i think we could go 442 tonight

May well be their weakness but I think the key for us is to have plenty bodies in midfield + crowd them out when theyre in possession and frustrate them for most of the match ...then completely surprise them  by goin 433 for the last 20 mins.The weathers a bonus for saints too and theres a Turkish ref ??  Cannae wait. 

Mannus

MacKay Anderson Wright Easton

Cregg

Wotherspoon Miller

Hasselbaink                   Edwards

MacLean

May to come on but other thatn that don't see too many game changers. Out wide seems to be lacking IMO.

Mannus

Cregg

Wotherspoon Miller

MacLean

May to come on but other thatn that don't see too many game changers. Out wide seems to be lacking IMO.

Miller or Millar?

I think Gaz Miller deserves a start

Mannus

Mackay Wright Anderson Easton

Cregg

Hasselbaink               Millar

Wotherspoon

May           Fallon

4-1-2-1-2

Edited by The Special One

Mannus

Mackay Wright Anderson Easton

Cregg

Hasselbaink               Millar

Wotherspoon

May           Fallon

4-1-2-1-2

No Mclean? cannae see him starting without him.

Mannus

Cregg

Wotherspoon Miller

MacLean

.......Id love to see that team but at mcdiarmid and only if we are trailing without an away goal..play it cool in norge + if we need pace and width for mcd unleash the young guys.Edwards isn't experienced enough and hasslebaink gets caught out positionally so id rather there was more experience+strength in those areas.imo.