Prices

Guest Mongy Max

Iv said all im saying on your post. I wont put any silly faces up is that ok?

All of it was ...pure ifs and buts + speculation like most posts on here....people spouting cos they err ..spout?

Avoid the question for a while and then answer twice. I like your style sir!

Ifs/buts/speculation would be the purpose of a forum would it not? The discussion was regarding the prices, very few of us are 'in the know' so we are all speculation/voicing an opinion. 

Again, a bit of pot & kettle on that front. Your comment of "that is complete nonsense" was exceptional insightful right enough - brought lots to the table! So being an ar*e because you are an ar*e is probably on a par with spouting 'cause they spout would it not? 

Again, always a pleasure Mr fergiefootball. 

Ifs/buts/speculation would be the purpose of a forum would it not? The discussion was regarding the prices, very few of us are 'in the know' so we are all speculation/voicing an opinion. 

Again, a bit of pot & kettle on that front. Your comment of "that is complete nonsense" was exceptional insightful right enough - brought lots to the table! So being an ar*e because you are an ar*e is probably on a par with spouting 'cause they spout would it not? 

Its easily recognised that if you

I think youv  become CANANADISED ..?/?

What is the split in gate receipts in Europe.Do the home team keep theirs or is it a 50/50 split for both games.

Im sure the home team keep the gate money,if it was a case of splitting it last years game in Turkey would have went a long way to help cover the team plane costs

Right folks.. How about this.

Saints charter a plane. In this case a 110 seat plane. They then tell the charter company WHERE, WHEN and HOW LONG they need said plane for.  Charter company then  find an available plane ( most likely that plane will NOT be in Edinburgh and in this case I believe the plane actually came from Scandanavia as the chairman said on the flight that it was the plane used by the Swedish national team).

Once they have a plane, they start tallying up the cost. First cost will be actual hire of plane, then we have fuel ( and that will include fuel used getting he plane empty to Edinburgh, then to Norway , then back to Edinburgh and then back to where ever it is based).

Next we have landing fees at both ends, parking fees for the time the plane will sit idle in Trondheim, cabin crew  and the cost associated with that. Taxes most likely at both ends.

Cleaning of the plane will aslo have to be costed in to the price. Also there will be insurance costs to be factored in

At this point the charter company will now have a figure of actual cost of the plane. There is more though....

The charter company will now also organise transfers at the Norwegian end to and from the airport. Hotel rooms will then also be costed in as will the cost of  travel manager who will  be Saints point of contact over the trip. By this point, the charter company will now have a cost. On top of this cost, the charter company will then add their wedge and will arrive at the total cost should the plane  travel full.

This cost will be quoted to Saints. In the case of this trip , around £120,000 in total.

Saints then divide this total by 110  and arrive at a cost per person of  £1100

Should only the official party of 50 use this plane then it will still cost  a fortune ( less 60 hotel room, a lesser amount of fuel due to less weight etc etc). It will be a fortune though and maybe at a guess ( and I am guessing a bit here) say £90,000. Hiring of the plane will be same as will landing fees crew  and the like..

Working on £90,000 with only 50 travelling would actually cost the club £1800 per person.

Now the club have to work out how much they can reasonably charge to  make sure the other 60 seats are filled and  the cost to the club is lessened.

Obviously if they charge the correct price  of £1100 the chances are they will not fill the plane so they come to a price of £850 ( which given the 60 seats were all sold would seem to be  a sellable price)

So now, they have 60 people travelling at £850 which raises £51,000. This taken from the total cost of £120,000 leaves Saints with a bill of around £70,000 rather than £90,000.

This will mean the final cost for saints per staff member will be £1400...

Yul, basis the above you should have been a Chartered Accountant rather than a kitchen wallah  :wink:

......How much do we get from UEFA for playing in the 2nd Qualifying round ????

Taken from europa league media

• First qualifying round: €100,000
Second qualifying round: €100,000
Third qualifying round: €100,000
Play-off round: €100,000
Base fee for group stage: €1,300,000
Group match victory: €200,000
Group match draw: €100,000
Group winners: €400,000
Group runners-up: €200,000
Round of 32: €200,000
Round of 16: €350,000
Quarter-finals: €450,000
Semi-finals: €1,000,000
Losing finalist: €2,500,000
Winners: €5,000,000

Price for ticket with sjfc on a plane to a historic game must be the best promotion/bargain ever. Sadly i was stuck on a boat and will be in italy for the home game!

Saintie you are absolutely correct. The price does not compare to the experience of being with the team and directors on such a historic occasion. We could all, I imagine have got home from Trondheim without the plane as we were all flying and some without the celebratory drinks.

Worth every penny.

I have made a few posts about prices, and having looked at the pricing structure (in full) can say the following:

• The price for season ticket holders, students, OAPs and Kids are fantastic.
  •  
  • The price for the occasional fans are not great - but we occasional attendees (myself included) should not get a kick back. We should pay top dollar.

Above all, this is the hype match ~£24 is fair due.

COYS