Prices

Guest Mongy Max

I have made a few posts about prices, and having looked at the pricing structure (in full) can say the following:

• The price for season ticket holders, students, OAPs and Kids are fantastic.
  •  
  • The price for the occasional fans are not great - but we occasional attendees (myself included) should not get a kick back. We should pay top dollar.

Above all, this is the hype match ~£24 is fair due.

COYS

While in one sense it's good that regular fans get the financial break, rather than occasional visitors, a lower standard entry price does have two advantages: it might encourage more fans along as regulars rather than one-off occasions. Second, all fans benefit from a lower entry price in the shape of a better atmosphere. All of us would prefer to be in an 8,000 crowd next Thursday, rather than a 4,000 crowd, and I don't think most of us would worry how we got that attendance.

I have made a few posts about prices, and having looked at the pricing structure (in full) can say the following:

• The price for season ticket holders, students, OAPs and Kids are fantastic.
  •  
  • The price for the occasional fans are not great - but we occasional attendees (myself included) should not get a kick back. We should pay top dollar.

Above all, this is the hype match ~£24 is fair due.

COYS

The facility to buy a book of say 10 tickets at a discounted price that could be used for any game would be attractive to the occasional fan.

The facility to buy a book of say 10 tickets at a discounted price that could be used for any game would be attractive to the occasional fan.

I've never understood why the club don't do this.  Also, you can buy a half-season ticket for the 2nd half of the season, why not the first half?

Because some people would just buy 10 game ticket rather than a full season ticket meaning club losing out on £100 plus per person.

If they buy a 10-game ticket, they can't attend all home games though.  I doubt we have many season-ticket holders who attend 10 or fewer games.  I wouldn't have a season ticket if I thought I couldn't attend most if not all games.  I'm not saying you're wrong, just that I think the club should look at all ways of maximising income.

It would be better if we used something similar to what Nandos do. You get a loyalty card and after a certain number of visits you receive something free.

We could for example use a loyalty card system where if you attend 9 games, and have 9 stamps on your card the 10th game is free.

Like a free half chicken after 5 games?

Are Saints having a laugh?!

800 odd quid for a night and a half in Norway

24 quid for the home leg

All this despite:

80k fee for Lomas

40k fee for Brittain

AND the playing budget slashed considerably (halved I believe)

I cannot afford to support this club anymore. I am no doubt alone here but Mr Brown has priced me out of football.

Good Luck in Norway and this season

So are you still not a supporter or will we see you at McDiarmid cheering the team on for one of the most important games in their history? 

After being so proud of my team in Norway I will not begrudge paying £24 to see them try and finish the job and become legends by knocking out Rosenborg.

Guest Mongy Max

So are you still not a supporter or will we see you at McDiarmid cheering the team on for one of the most important games in their history?

After being so proud of my team in Norway I will not begrudge paying £24 to see them try and finish the job and become legends by knocking out Rosenborg.

I won't be there for two reasons:

I am working in Glasgow all day, leaving my house at 5am and if I go to the game will be midnight before I am home, AND

I am a man of my word and stand by my decision not to go.

If Saints got pumped 4-0 in Rosenborg, would you pay £24??

Edited by Mongy Max

I am working in Glasgow all day, leaving my house at 5am and if I go to the game will be midnight before I am home, AND

Oh Mongy get off your high horse and get to the game, you saved 850 quid by not going to Norway after all. Your telling me that a member of the MacDonald clan is going to drive past McDiarmid on the day of one of the biggest games in the clubs history and feel like he is doing the right thing?

Edited by Watty

Guest Mongy Max

Oh Mongy get off your high horse and get to the game, you saved 850 quid by not going to Norway after all. Your telling me that a member of the MacDonald clan is going to drive past McDiarmid on the day of one of the biggest games in the clubs history and feel like he is doing the right thing?

I feel I am doing the right thing, as after doing what is about a 16 hour day (if I go to the game), I won't be in any state to drive home. Plus I feel that £24 is horrendously overpriced. Like I said, would we be expected to pay £24 if Saints got pumped in Norway??

I didn't save any money by not going to Norway, I had a limit on what I was able to spare going to watch Saints in Europe, and it was way above that. I couldn't live with myself knowing I had spent that money going on a jolly at the expense of a family holiday with my two daughters. Some people's priorities change when they have kids, others don't.

Edited by Mongy Max

I feel I am doing the right thing, as after doing what is about a 16 hour day (if I go to the game), I won't be in any state to drive home. Plus I feel that £24 is horrendously overpriced. Like I said, would we be expected to pay £24 if Saints got pumped in Norway??

I didn't save any money by not going to Norway, I had a limit on what I was able to spare going to watch Saints in Europe, and it was way above that. I couldn't live with myself knowing I had spent that money going on a jolly at the expense of a family holiday with my two daughters. Some people's priorities change when they have kids, others don't.

Fancy doing a turnstile for me? ;-)

Of course I would pay £24 to go if Saints lost 4-0. I have only ever seen three European home games in my lifetime and know that it is a very rare occasion and one I would not want to look back on and know I have missed. Even if we got thumped 4-0 in Norway I would still want to see Saints try and protect their unbeaten record at home and to show my support for a wonderful achievement of making it to Europe in the first place. If I wasn't intending on enjoying European football then I wouldn't have been so ecstatic at us beating Motherwell and making it into third last season.

Of course your family should come first and if you can't afford it then don't go but don't miss out on what could be a historic occasion for the sake of literally a few pounds because you are pissed off you never made it to Europe and regret it later. I am not having a go at you at all. You are on here posting which suggests you care about the club so don't let a rant you made let you miss this. 

I'm not pissed off I missed Europe, I am pissed off because I feel that fans are being priced out of football.

Utter Rubbish.

If you cannot afford to support Saints and put other more important commitments to yourself first that is called prioritising and is fine by me. In fact it happens to us all throughout our life. 

But please spare me the prices are to dear and fans are being priced out of football scenario.

Hopefully you will be able to listen to reports on the radio or some other form of keeping up todate with the happenings at McD.

Utter Rubbish.

If you cannot afford to support Saints and put other more important commitments to yourself first that is called prioritising and is fine by me. In fact it happens to us all throughout our life. 

But please spare me the prices are to dear and fans are being priced out of football scenario.

Hopefully you will be able to listen to reports on the radio or some other form of keeping up todate with the happenings at McD.

Taking the game in a wider perspective, I am afraid many fans ARE being priced out of football. Other threads have discussed this at length and there is a definite link between falling attendances and the price of attending

Guest Mongy Max

Utter Rubbish. If you cannot afford to support Saints and put other more important commitments to yourself first that is called prioritising and is fine by me. In fact it happens to us all throughout our life. But please spare me the prices are to dear and fans are being priced out of football scenario. Hopefully you will be able to listen to reports on the radio or some other form of keeping up todate with the happenings at McD.

Would be interesting to see a percentage comparison of the average wage to football ticket price 10 years ago compared to now.

Just done a quick search, and in 10 years the EPL ticket price has risen 198%. Now I know this is not the case for the SPL but I'm sure I could find the figures somewhere.

In ten years, the average UK salary has risen by just under 25%.

Edited by Mongy Max

Would be interesting to see a percentage comparison of the average wage to football ticket price 10 years ago compared to now.

Just done a quick search, and in 10 years the EPL ticket price has risen 198%. Now I know this is not the case for the SPL but I'm sure I could find the figures somewhere.

In ten years, the average UK salary has risen by just under 25%.

Not for the ordinary man in the street Mongy

Utter Rubbish.

Taking the game in a wider perspective, I am afraid many fans ARE being priced out of football. Other threads have discussed this at length and there is a definite link between falling attendances and the price of attending

As Edstar says, football in general is far too expensive and is definitely pricing a lot of fans out of the game.  £22 for an SPL game is ridiculous.