St Johnstone V Rosenborg July 25Th 2Nd Leg Eq Rnd 2

rik2304

Been very quiet on here from our Viking friends. I like EsEs better.

That wee 22 Svensson was a fanny.

Seems their press didn't take it too well either- http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/st-johnstone/234133-how-the-norwegian-press-reacted-to-st-johnstone-knocking-rosenborg-out/

Svensson put me off with two early dives and he had shadowed the fact he has potential and is not exploiting it. Stevie May won dive of the day though. Cracker of a dive in the first half.

Was impressed with the work rate of Soderlund, he seemed to be everywhere and took his goal well.

Was impressed with the work rate of Soderlund, he seemed to be everywhere and took his goal well.

He reminded me a lot of Tade but just a little bit better with the ball at his feet. On the whole I didn't think there was too much in the way of "fakery" from either side, the players just got on with the game.

He reminded me a lot of Tade but just a little bit better with the ball at his feet. On the whole I didn't think there was too much in the way of "fakery" from either side, the players just got on with the game.

Geez, he was ten times the player Tade is in my opinion. The guy is one big unit, but very fast and, as you say, good with the ball at his feet as well

Geez, he was ten times the player Tade is in my opinion. The guy is one big unit, but very fast and, as you say, good with the ball at his feet as well

Agreed, Tade is no where near as good a player. It was just watching a big lad who didn't give up on anything that reminded me of a few performances Tade put in. Although Hasselbaink did get the better of him a few times in the game.

Back home now, a truly memorable night. Got nice comments from a group of Dundee united supporters, the train conductor, and a stranger in Glasgow central station.

Only downside, went for a pint pre match to half a tanner, which I remember as half a sixpence from my youth. Was asked to put my jacket on to cover up my saints shirt. Won't be going back there again.

I had a great time yesterday and last night but did have a wee issue in the ground just before kick off.A group of lads with kids were right in front of myself,daughter,mates and son in law,one of the group was yelling to the Rosenborg team that they were "****** bastards",my son in law is a Celtic supporter who came along to witness some history got right pissed off at this quite rightly so and ended up having a right go at the idiot.Thankfully it ended peacefully enough.I have never seen any of this group at a game before so im hoping that they were just interested neutrals.There is no place for that vile bigotry shite in Mcdiarmid or elsewhere.I dunno where he gets the idea that Rosenborg are "Fenians" from anyway,but i would rather see saints lose out on gate money rather than have twats like that attending games.

Edited by chips

I had a great time yesterday and last night but did have a wee issue in the ground just before kick off.A group of lads with kids were right in front of myself,daughter,mates and son in law,one of the group was yelling to the Rosenborg team that they were "****** bastards",my son in law is a Celtic supporter who came along to witness some history got right pissed off at this quite rightly so and ended up having a right go at the idiot.Thankfully it ended peacefully enough.I have never seen any of this group at a game before so im hoping that they were just interested neutrals.There is no place for that vile bigotry shite in Mcdiarmid or elsewhere.I dunno where he gets the idea that Rosenborg are "Fenians" from anyway,but i would rather see saints lose out on gate money rather than have twats like that attending games.

Agree 100 per cent.

as many have said, last night was absolutely amazing. other than the goal, mannus's save at the end and fallon's o/h shin kick i dont remember much about the game!! appreciating the links to the highlights. atmosphere was incredible. my old man nearly broke into tears at the end.  first time in the north stand. 

Agree with a lot of what has been said about the group of young uns at the front left of the east stand. but thought G4s were out of order to go wading in so quickly when the flag came out to conficate it. 

roll on fc minsk, hopefully get an ever bigger crowd