Minsk V St Johnstone 1 August 1St Leg Eq Rnd 3

andrew

"keep the airport open for the flight back as it only operates from 10am - 2pm!"

It will also mean the plane sitting on the tarmac for a day, and that is costly. All other charters will drop off them head for another job.....this looks bad for Saints.

"keep the airport open for the flight back as it only operates from 10am - 2pm!"

It will also mean the plane sitting on the tarmac for a day, and that is costly. All other charters will drop off them head for another job.....this looks bad for Saints.

Presumably Saints will travel out on Wednesday? I'm sure the plane will not sit there all that time.

It does, it also looks bad on the competition organisers for allowing it to happen. It's been mentioned here that FC and Dinamo share the stadium in Minsk, but Dinamo ultimately own it. Are they both drawn at home on the same night? If so, is one of the ties not meant to be switched?

Imagine if AC and Inter were both drawn at home, do you think one of THEM would be sent to the arsehole of Europe to play their game?

St Johnstone right now just cannot get a draw in a populous area of Europe. Very difficult game to get to, kudos to those that make it. Would bite your hand off for an away draw and tie alive in Perth

============

It's a conspiracy.

Hopefully the club will overcome this obstacle and progress.

Minsk have a stadium capacity of 5200,their last home leg in this competition attracted a crowd of 1500 :shock:   Im seriously not underestimating them and know we're in for a hard game, but i thought they were a much bigger club than this !!!

I would take a draw over there and for Saints to pull in the crowd again for the return leg

Minsk have a stadium capacity of 5200,their last home leg in this competition attracted a crowd of 1500 :shock:   Im seriously not underestimating them and know we're in for a hard game, but i thought they were a much bigger club than this !!!

I would take a draw over there and for Saints to pull in the crowd again for the return leg

They are a relatively new club, and their home games are not being played in Minsk. I believe our game is about 4hrs drive from where they normally play (stadium being redeveloped I think).....that is bound to impact on their home fans attendance

I would assume that their players will be decent, with technique probably better than the average Scottish player. I would think that they are probably quite a similar team to ourselves. Be happy as long as the tie is still alive at McD.

That's what it is all about, getting a result that gives us the best possible start for the home leg. A scoring draw would do, although I feel a 0-0 coming

Edited by Edstar101

That's what it is all about, getting a result that gives us the best possible start for the home leg. A scoring draw would do, although I feel a 0-0 coming

A 0-0 would be a brilliant result.Delighted if Saints could do that. That sets up the home tie nicely and would give us a real chance of meeting another "big" team.

Wouldn't it be nice if the BBC offered some help with visas,(I assume that there will be some journos going).

A 0-0 would be a brilliant result.Delighted if Saints could do that. That sets up the home tie nicely and would give us a real chance of meeting another "big" team.

Wouldn't it be nice if the BBC offered some help with visas,(I assume that there will be some journos going).

0-0 would be a decent result, but it creates that situation where if they score 1 at McD (penalty / lucky goal / defensive mistake) then we need to score 2 and so on.

A 0-0 away almost gives the other team the draw to progress. Even if the home tie is 0-0 after 90mins, any goal they score in extra time would be a double blow

Don't be silly Rich - why on earth would they put Saints on TV when they can keep their money for the likes of Albion Rovers v Sevco or Sellic v Anybody?

Jim

Watched some of that Albion Rovers game yesterday, it was rotten.

Alba should have gone to Minsk instead.

Edited by garydavidson