Minsk V St Johnstone 1 August 1St Leg Eq Rnd 3

andrew

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIHFQBP_a_A

From what i see in this video, Minsk seem to have a quite a bit of pace and move the ball well with a nice tempo

Really have to have another performance like last Thursday to take something from this one i think.

they valletta fans were very noisy.that wouldn't go down well with some of the more delicate folk on this forum.probably would have wanted them named and shamed.

just as well we got the minks then as they arent very loud.

they valletta fans were very noisy.that wouldn't go down well with some of the more delicate folk on this forum.probably would have wanted them named and shamed.

Aye but to be fair, I wouldn't like to listen to that racket whilst having a kick about 

Minsk aren't all that dangerous, more professional about it, but they drew at Valletta away, which is a pretty poor result, and I'd place yous as favourites. Most important is to stay within them after the away first leg, a 0-0, 1-1, perhaps even a 2-1 loss should be enough to turn it round at you're fortress. Win here and your 2 games away from playing European football in mid-December!

Edited by safc_

Sorry, but I don't agree after watching that.  They were playing a Maltese team, and Valletta seemed to match them there.  Keeper looked dodgy.  I also think that we'll create chances as their defence doesn't look great.  All things considered, I'd be disappointed to go out to them, as they don't look anywhere close to Rosenberg's standard.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIHFQBP_a_A

From what i see in this video, Minsk seem to have a quite a bit of pace and move the ball well with a nice tempo

Really have to have another performance like last Thursday to take something from this one i think.

stop being a wee fanny, you know full well noise had nothing to do with anything, and is appreciated by all

Guy from the courier saying Anderson's on the plane, but no sign of Millar.

I met the players at Edinburgh Airport I was heading for a much more boring day trip to London on biz :-(

Just to confirm, Midge isn't travelling but Ando is and is confident he'll play.  Muzz was in the squad and expects to be on the bench - in his own words, he's not at full fitness yet.

A great bunch of lads, all willing to have a chat and get photos taken.  Dave MacKay and Alan Mannus in particular - a great blether with both of them - true gentlemen.

Get right intae them Saints!

Jim

the guy on twitter was joking... seems a lot of people went along with it!!

Will any Saintees be there??

The crazy thing is as a British national I need a visa, but my son, daughter and wife can travel there and get a visa upon arrival on their Filipino passports!!

the guy on twitter was joking... seems a lot of people went along with it!!

Will any Saintees be there??

The crazy thing is as a British national I need a visa, but my son, daughter and wife can travel there and get a visa upon arrival on their Filipino passports!!

Why crazy ? As Brits should we deserve to get priority on Visa's over other nations ???  Us Brits still need a visa to get in to Oz for a social visit so dont see why other nations should give priority. Please to debate and discuss otherwise ! 

I met the players at Edinburgh Airport I was heading for a much more boring day trip to London on biz :-(

Just to confirm, Midge isn't travelling but Ando is and is confident he'll play.  Muzz was in the squad and expects to be on the bench - in his own words, he's not at full fitness yet.

A great bunch of lads, all willing to have a chat and get photos taken.  Dave MacKay and Alan Mannus in particular - a great blether with both of them - true gentlemen.

Get right intae them Saints!

Jim

Paddy Cregg was in the press saying he can hardly get a word out of Mannus, so well done :D

Some good photos on your twitter - Zander doesn't look so happy that Ando turned up pic.twitter.com/zyi3mDJHhK

Why crazy ? As Brits should we deserve to get priority on Visa's over other nations ??? Us Brits still need a visa to get in to Oz for a social visit so dont see why other nations should give priority. Please to debate and discuss otherwise !

The point to made is that a Visa situation for a football match is a shambles and FIFA and UEFA should hammer down on this. To me is shows how little they care that a team in a week must fork out £4500 just to pay to get into the country they have been drawn in

UEFA managed to help Man Utd and Chelsea when they played in Russia and as far as I see this is similar but they don't care

As long as they get the big teams from the big nations into their tournaments they are happy

Why crazy ? As Brits should we deserve to get priority on Visa's over other nations ???  Us Brits still need a visa to get in to Oz for a social visit so dont see why other nations should give priority. Please to debate and discuss otherwise ! 

Don't want to speak for StevenSan, but maybe he finds it worth commenting that a Filipino passport gets you quicker access to a European country than a UK passport, or maybe that people in the same family can have different access rights. [Edit: in other words, I don't think he's claiming that we should have priority]

The visa situation is also crazy for me the sense that - in my experience - the Belarus Govt is even more worried about their own nationals leaving the country and coming to the UK than they are about visitors. 

Edited by truefaith

Went on the FC Minsk site and got Google to translate the interview below with their coach - interesting adjectives to describe him.  Main take out for me is that they think their chances are 50-50 as 'we are not Rosenborg or Celtic'.  Hmm

Really up for this - and like everyone else, wish I was there!

Jim

Vadim Skripchenko: "We can become the first team to break the tradition."
30.07.2013 - 23:36
Skp_1.jpg

On the eve of the Europa League match with "St Johnstone" shit club coach Vadim Skripchenko gave a press conference and answered questions from the media capital.

- Even after the first match, "Rosenborg" and "St Johnston," in which the Scots won at a party, you can still call a favorite of Norwegian club. How are unable to go further still British?

- Closely watched the first match of the teams in Trondheim. "St Johnstone," noted the good organization of the game, proved to be a highly disciplined, team work. Football players see out all the time, even when it seemed that they were already too heavy to withstand the opponent. In general, "St Johnstone" showed those fighting qualities that are inherent to all British teams. As for the dedication and patience, "St. Johnston," to pay tribute. "Rosenborg" more possession of the ball, created the most threats, but at the expense of the organization of the game in defense and aggression to attack the Scots won away victory.

- "St Johnstone" - a typical representative of the British school football?

- In the middle of the field in attack and he has players who can control the ball well. Also, the team is able to move quickly from defense to counterattack. He plays in a 4 +4 +2, quite compact.At the beginning of the attacks, no one invents, are simplified: should the long transfer forward, and then fight. In the final stage of attack players acting aggressively.

- Players of your previous opponent of "Valletta" stood a good anthropometric data. "St Johnstone" in that is similar to the Maltese?

- There's a tall players in defense and in the offensive line. There is a burly short, for example, Hasselbaink, who can push the defense. We are ready for it.

- Given all the advantages of "St. Johnston," What do you expect from this team in Grodno.

- She has and dignity, and disadvantages. Rival coach said that "Minsk" - it is not "Rosenborg".With all due respect to the "St Johnston," and we respect every opponent, and we believe that the chances of winning 50 to 50, I can say that this is not "Celtic".

- You have chosen to play a stadium in Grodno. Why not Brest, where your team is, it seems, would have found a lot of support?

- We like entourage in Grodno, even though the local team at the games is going to not so much.We are satisfied with the quality of the field. Unless, of course, to look a little further, imagining that we will reach the next round, I would not refuse to play in Brest. I'm from Brest region, and the guys we have, which are the epitome of local football. I mean Roman Vasilyuk and Andrei Razin.There would have, probably, a more substantial support. But now we are completely satisfied with the Grodno. Separately I would like to thank the Director General of "Neman" Leonid Dmitranitsu for the opportunity to spend the rest on Wednesday in Grodno on the basis of the club to the eve of the game, we did not lose power on the move. There's also going to train and to keep the playing field in good condition.

- I went there for the benefit of the team arose week interval between matches?

- Of course, at this stage, she went for the future. We played a tight schedule, although I understand that all the teams that play in European competition must be prepared for this. For a week we hiked up their physical fitness, improved emotional state. The main group returned traumatized Pushnyakov and Majewski. Their participation in the Grodno match is still in question, but in a week we can count on them. Razin was still in the hospital and no trains in the total group, feeling a little discomfort. My opinion is the psychological state. He is an experienced player and age, and probably afraid of injury recurrence, which can damage it permanently, so play safe.

- The team joins Kovel ...

- Leonid signed a contract with us. He had a serious injury - a fracture of the fifth metatarsal bone.We helped him to do the surgery so that he can recover and return to football. He expressed a desire to play with us. But so far in the Europa League we can not use it. At the same time we have left with Volkov, and on Monday the decision was made to part with Gigevich. Sergey, unfortunately, does not play at the level that I could. But in our young people are growing - the same Pushnyakov and Belevich. Gigevich lost the competition to young children.

- What are your memories of Scottish football?

- He played there for the youth team, coached by Ivan Savostikov and Yuri Pyshnik, and we won 3-0. I think I've even scored a goal then. Everything else is connected with BATE Borisov. When I worked as an assistant coach, Borisov met with "Everton" and "Linfield." British style of football is familiar to me.

- What are the advantages of "Minsk" in front of "St. Johnstone?"

- Who would not like to talk about it. We have outstanding players who are capable of such a power struggle with the team, but has problems with improvisation, surprise.

- "St Johnstone" in its seven European Cup matches, never lost ...

- Yes, I've read. Well and good! I think we can become the first team to break this tradition. I also got acquainted with the history of "St. Johnston" and discovered that there was even Alex Ferguson played. It will be nice to beat the team, which once played a great coach.

Anyone heard any more about whether or not we'll get radio commentary?  Last I heard (via Jim Spence) was that they were in talks yesterday to provide commentary - and are all set up to do so (with Spencey commentating and Rodders providing the co-commentary).  That would be tremendous.  Will send Spencey a tweet to see if it's going to happen

Jim