Minsk V St Johnstone 1 August 1St Leg Eq Rnd 3

andrew

Needs all supporters to Email Uefa protesting that the dates of the ties/draws are too close together, to enable away support time to make adequate arrangements etc.

In this case visas and the difficulty attached to this.

Not saying they will act, but at least make them aware.

What's that tube Duncaster doing to help?

It's a real shame as it would be great trip.

Unfortunately Belarus take the whole visa seriously thing whereas in most cases it simply a money making exercise. Yes we should be emailing UEFA, but protesting about the fact there are teams playing in their tournaments from countries where the entry requirements make it near impossible for visiting supports to follow their teams.  

Is it not a case that our Visa application process here is too soft??

Why would the Belarusian authorities just accept anyone into their country for a game of football.

Uefa will be well aware of the aspects of short term arranging but I think any complaint will fall on deaf ears. You will have no issues going to countries of teams who will be in the group stages if the tournament.

If the visa application process, like in most Eastern European countries is lengthy then just don't go.

Only option is to go to the embassy with everything on Monday morning and plead with bottles of malt whisky and haggis. They will stamp it there and then.

Why is it called the play off round, when it is just the 4th round....no change to format:?

I wondered that but assumed that it was because it is the first round proper of the comp which will include the teams that are dropping out of the Champions league, the other rounds being qualifiers.

Edited by mainstand

This is what pisses me off about 'European' football. If you want to participate in a spectator sport against other European countries then you need to have more relaxed visa regulations otherwise you should not allowed to participate. Belarus isn't Europe anyway in my eyes. Neither is Russia. I shouldn't need a visa to visit anywhere in Europe.

Bit of a shitter that we'll not have many, if any, fans over there. But there's nothing we can do

Also gives us almost zero chance of scouting them, although the same applies to them. We've seemingly got in touch with Valetta to get information about Minsk, and I think they've agreed to give us information. Would expect the first leg to be fairly tight as we suss each other out, which will probably mean the match at Fortress McDiarmid will be the decider

Bit of a shitter that we'll not have many, if any, fans over there. But there's nothing we can do

Also gives us almost zero chance of scouting them, although the same applies to them. We've seemingly got in touch with Valetta to get information about Minsk, and I think they've agreed to give us information. Would expect the first leg to be fairly tight as we suss each other out, which will probably mean the match at Fortress McDiarmid will be the decider

No much of a fortress today tho

Saints jet for the trip to Belarus is only a 40 seater so not going to be much more than the team and coaches in attendance.

Hope someone gets a huge saints flag on the plane and gets it up in the stadium.

I don't suppose Minsk will have too many fans there either in view of where it is being played.

Going to be a strange experience but feel we will at the very least keep the tie alive to bring back to Perth.

It's a wee bit sad we won't have any fans over there. It's a bit of a joke that in a time of free movement you need to spend 200 quid just to be allowed in another European country.

Hopefully somewhere in Perth will be able to show a stream of the game so at least those who want to can get together and create some kind of atmosphere.