Minsk V St Johnstone 1 August 1St Leg Eq Rnd 3

andrew

gutted for the team that their will be pretty much zero support for them.

the fact they are half way through their season isnt good either(tho didnt help rbk)

no chance to see them beforehand either will mean the unknown unless we get video footage.

wonder if part of the managemet team will stay on after the away game to scout them at the weekend?

currently sitting 7th pld 18 won 6 drawn 7 lost 8 gf 17 ga 19

Press reporting that both Saints and Motherwell stand to lose a lot of money in this round because of the cost of getting to the respective countries. Motherwell's flight alone is costing £180,000 while Saints are having to fork out a small fortune to fast track visas for the entire team, coaching staff and club officials and to keep the airport open for the flight back as it only operates from 10am - 2pm!

More important than ever that we get folk along to the return leg to try and help the club offset these costs.

Press reporting that both Saints and Motherwell stand to lose a lot of money in this round because of the cost of getting to the respective countries. Motherwell's flight alone is costing £180,000 while Saints are having to fork out a small fortune to fast track visas for the entire team, coaching staff and club officials and to keep the airport open for the flight back as it only operates from 10am - 2pm!

More important than ever that we get folk along to the return leg to try and help the club offset these costs.

I hope we at least managed to off-set the cost of the last round with our large turn-out on Thursday.  Would love to see McD packed to the rafters again on the return leg.

Hopefully there was a Belarussian scout in attendance yesterday seeing our first choice team playing to their best ;)

The whole visa and lack of opportunity to get to the away leg is a real shame

Only offset by the fact it gives us a better chsnce of getting through with the

Second leg at home1.A reasonable result on Thursday and I reckon the home leg

Could be a sell out.Hopefully get a better chance to travel if we get to the group

Stages

I actually think we'll see a smaller home crowd for this game than the Rosenborg game

In1971 there were smaller crowds for the vasas Budapest game and smaller again for the Sarajevo game than the hamburg one. But this was later in the season with the nichts drawing in and the weather deteriorating. If saints have a reasonable chance of going through I'd expect a similar crowd to Thursday's. there may also be more folk back from their summer holiday.

In1971 there were smaller crowds for the vasas Budapest game and smaller again for the Sarajevo game than the hamburg one. But this was later in the season with the nichts drawing in and the weather deteriorating. If saints have a reasonable chance of going through I'd expect a similar crowd to Thursday's. there may also be more folk back from their summer holiday.

I just don't think many people will see this as such a big game. Rosenborg were well known whereas Minsk aren't, and knowing the Perth public they probably expect us to win heavily as we have no idea about them

If we draw or win in Belarus, follow up with a win vs Hearts and have reduced admission for the return leg, then I think we will get a very healthy crowd. Not asking for much is it ;)

Promotion of the game will help too, lots of hotels, caravan parks, campsites where flyers could go up, in the hope of getting some holidaymakers coming to the game.

i think it was

SV Hamburg 12,000

Vasas           15,000

Zelejnicar      10,000

the Vasas crowd is phenomenal (if i'm right?? may have got the 1st 2 wrong way round but don't think so)

i also feel we wont match Thursdays crowd again but would love to be 100% wrong with that

If we draw or win in Belarus, follow up with a win vs Hearts and have reduced admission for the return leg, then I think we will get a very healthy crowd. Not asking for much is it ;)

Promotion of the game will help too, lots of hotels, caravan parks, campsites where flyers could go up, in the hope of getting some holidaymakers coming to the game.

I think the fact the majority of even half interested football fans would have heard of Rosenborg helped. Most people haven't heard of Dinamo Minsk, the big team. Never mind FC Minsk, I have to admit I don't know anything about them myself. Can't see us reaching the same crowd as we did against Rosenborg, hope I'm wrong though

Reckon we'll be going into this one with the same kind of set up as against Rosenborg away. Keep it tight and make sure we are still in the tie when its back here.

Given that they are seventh in the league and have only scored seventeen in eighteen league games will hopefully mean we can at least keep the tie alive.

i think it was

SV Hamburg 12,000

Vasas           15,000

Zelejnicar      10,000

the Vasas crowd is phenomenal (if i'm right?? may have got the 1st 2 wrong way round but don't think so)

i also feel we wont match Thursdays crowd again but would love to be 100% wrong with that

Reports of the hamburg crowd varied between 12 and 16k, it felt more like the latter to me. From my memory, admittedly a long time ago, it felt like there were fewer fans at the vasas game.

Reports of the hamburg crowd varied between 12 and 16k, it felt more like the latter to me. From my memory, admittedly a long time ago, it felt like there were fewer fans at the vasas game.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

i thought it seemed like 50,000 at the time  :mrgreen: being a wee 9 year old :wink:

I think so long as we come back still in the tie with it all to play for we'll have a decent crowd. Saints should go mental on the advertising though, to see another 8k at McDairmid would be great.

I don't see us as the favourites but that's the default Saints stance  :razz:

If we can get an away goal and a decent scoreline it should be good. I'd take a score draw now to be honest.

I don't see us as the favourites but that's the default Saints stance  :razz:

To be fair I think we should be considered favourites. They finished 6th in the Belarussian league last season, on 39 points with a goal difference of -7. For perspective the team who finished second, 22 points ahead of Minsk, got knocked out this years competition by the team that finished 4th in the Moldovan league.

They only qualified due to reaching their Cup Final, and got destroyed in last seasons Europa League by a team who finished bellow EsEs

This season they've won 6 of 18 games, and sit 8 points off the relegation play offs. And apart from a three game winning streak against some of the weaker teams they've generally struggled for consistent form