Perth Born Professional Footballers

SaintDougie

Dave Duigan - Perth Academy FP - played for East Fife and a couple of the Angus teams.   He also opened the batting for Perthshire C.C.  Tom Lodge, long-serving professional with the cricket club also played a handful of games for Saints in the 50's.  But he was from Huddersfield.  He owned the Willow Tavern in South Street for a spell.

• 6 months later...
On 3/18/2020 at 8:41 AM, Old Lethamite said:

Dave Duigan - Perth Academy FP - played for East Fife and a couple of the Angus teams.   He also opened the batting for Perthshire C.C.  Tom Lodge, long-serving professional with the cricket club also played a handful of games for Saints in the 50's.  But he was from Huddersfield.  He owned the Willow Tavern in South Street for a spell.

Dave was also a PT teacher at Stanley and Perth High School.

Weird sense of humour - during double PE football he tackled our school team centre forward - Gordon Mitchell - who swore - got sent off - 6 of the belt from Dave and suspended from the school team.

Whilst at RDMS at Scone we played at Simpson Park in a cup final, where I played at left Back. Davie said to me "get tight on their winger, stand on his toes if you have to". So, naively, I did, and paid the price by getting sent off!

6 of the belt as well.

Despite the punishment he was still a legend!