Tommy Wright, An Appreciation

Pop

Tommy has just calmly got on with the job after Steve left, no settling in period, nothing, ideal replacement. He's calm, he talks us up in interviews, he was disappointed at our Minsk performance, seems to me that he's letting the boys express themselves more than Steve ever did. The past 2 POTY awards Steve Brown and Steve Lomas had digs at each other publicly about the budget, I think tommy has accepted it and is happy to get on with it, great appointment - give the bloke a 10 year deal now to stave off any potential approaches !!!!! Well done Tommy !!!!!

Not wanting to get carried away, but I've taken to Wright more quickly than most any other manager we've had recently. He comes across as wise, respectful and competent. Excellent tactically, brave when he needs to be and manages to eke out results some of us never saw coming. Seems content here and just comes across as a top guy.

100% behind him. Onwards and upwards.

Edited by CynicalSaintee

His interview at half time on Alba was so encouraging,talks exactly how i'd want Saints' manager to talk,we've got a real good gaffer here!

-----------

Saw that interview . Said he has no plans to be offski if he's successful here.

Here for the long haul.

Speaks sense.

Tommy has impressed me hugely from day one - and the last 4 performances have only enhanced his reputation.  His tactics have been spot on in every game so far - and his signings have been great (though still not sure about Rory!). He says the right thing, has the whole playing staff onside (Lomas anyone?) and is 100% realistic regarding budget and living within our means.

He is also extremely likeable. When I bumped into the team at Edinburgh Airport on their way to Belarus last Wednesday morning, Tommy was happy to have a quick chat and was the perfect gentleman. 

Jim

Tommy has impressed me hugely from day one - and the last 4 performances have only enhanced his reputation. His tactics have been spot on in every game so far - and his signings have been great (though still not sure about Rory!). He says the right thing, has the whole playing staff onside (Lomas anyone?) and is 100% realistic regarding budget and living within our means.

He is also extremely likeable. When I bumped into the team at Edinburgh Airport on their way to Belarus last Wednesday morning, Tommy was happy to have a quick chat and was the perfect gentleman.

Jim

Some folk finish posts with "COYS". I see you finish yours with "Jim". What does it mean?