May Away?

cristo

Jee whizz - am just a Saints fan guys ! Danger is that his agent has far more interest in short term £ commission and less interest in SM's medium to long term career prospects. Saints need to negate any short term nonsense from his agent and effectively take his place by presenting some smart proposals. Have to say that TW's comments so far don't point to Saints playing as smart a game off the field as they did on the field on Saturday !

Jee whizz - am just a Saints fan guys ! Danger is that his agent has far more interest in short term £ commission and less interest in SM's medium to long term career prospects. Saints need to negate any short term nonsense from his agent and effectively take his place by presenting some smart proposals. Have to say that TW's comments so far don't point to Saints playing as smart a game off the field as they did on the field on Saturday !

Was only joking fella.....welcome to the forum....always nice to get someone on board who seems semi-intelligent (after some of the new members we have had lately) ^_^

Good start KK, couple of good posts and wound up Eddybaby. You'll go far.

I honestly don't think SM will go to Peterborough, but he might go elsewhere before the end of the transfer window.

Ha! I wasn't wound up at all :cool:

Liking this guy though.....you cant argue with an O' Grade in woodwork

Good start KK, couple of good posts and wound up Eddybaby. You'll go far.

I honestly don't think SM will go to Peterborough, but he might go elsewhere before the end of the transfer window.

Yep - that is my fear.  Peterborough are flying at the moment and he certainly won't walk into their team - so a move there to a relatively 'small club', will little media exposure - even by League 1 standards, where he is unlikely to play, doesn't seem like a good move to me.  However, if a 'bigger club' - a Leeds or a Leicester or someone like that came in who were in the Championship, that's a different kettle of fish. If he plays and scores at tannadeechee on Saturday, don't think it will just be Peterborough who are interested....

Thanks Rik mixed views on Lomas. Not the brightest of individuals, unjustified ego but eventually calmed down and did a decent job - though I reckon TW had a significant influence whine the scenes. Behaved like a buffoon at times and did little or nothing to promote the club. Can't say I miss him. On the other hand TW with CD commands the necessary respect of the players - important as player rotation will be necessary at times - and his calmer approach will not antagonise officials which will probably play out to our advantage on the field. His media skills are first rate, appears to be in for the long run and will (ought to) command the respect of Steve Brown and his Board.

Given the apparent trend of bringing in / developing young talent, I think itis crucial that the benefit of this is seen on the park ie Steve Brown needs to think smart and develop a strategy that ensures SJ benefits from the investment on the park and secures appropriate transfer fees that ensures the club can reinvest in future talent. This is why I am concerned at how the May situation appears to be playing out.

Sorry for the ramble !

Thanks Rik mixed views on Lomas. Not the brightest of individuals, unjustified ego but eventually calmed down and did a decent job - though I reckon TW had a significant influence whine the scenes. Behaved like a buffoon at times and did little or nothing to promote the club. Can't say I miss him. On the other hand TW with CD commands the necessary respect of the players - important as player rotation will be necessary at times - and his calmer approach will not antagonise officials which will probably play out to our advantage on the field. His media skills are first rate, appears to be in for the long run and will (ought to) command the respect of Steve Brown and his Board.

Given the apparent trend of bringing in / developing young talent, I think itis crucial that the benefit of this is seen on the park ie Steve Brown needs to think smart and develop a strategy that ensures SJ benefits from the investment on the park and secures appropriate transfer fees that ensures the club can reinvest in future talent. This is why I am concerned at how the May situation appears to be playing out.

Sorry for the ramble !

Failed his O' Level Woodwork I heard :wink:

People that think he will sign a 2 or 3 year contract with Saints are dreaming, imo. I would love him to, but really can't see it happening.

Emmmmm Murray Davidson?? He's a far better talent than May, in that he's proven himself in the SPL and should have moved away. We've got him for another year. Anything is possible.

Emmmmm Murray Davidson?? He's a far better talent than May, in that he's proven himself in the SPL and should have moved away. We've got him for another year. Anything is possible.

Is anyone fully aware yet of what the story with Muzz was and why he didn't get any clubs coming in for him?

From Twitter:

Jane Lewis@JaneLewisSport5m

Stevie May will be offered a new contract with #StJohnstone and he wants to stay at the club. More on BBC Sport Scot online soon.

BBCKheredine@BBCKheredine11m

Saints boss T Wright: "we don't do interest free loans", in response to the way Peterborough wanted to structure their failed bids for S May