Dundee Utd V Saints 24/8/13

I couldn't afford to go to the Ross county game, but I emptied all the piggy banks I could find and went. Don't know where I'm gonna come up with £30 + for this weekend, but this team is worth watching.

Great attitude ms, I really hope you make it, bet you're glad you did yesterday. I'm meant to be at a barbecue next Saturday, but with what I've seen so far this last few weeks I don't want to miss a thing, and I always like going to Tannadice. If I drive it's 2 hours each way just for home games but it's a company van so it's free, just the entry fee to worry about. I don't know your personal circumstances regarding travel but if I remember the bottom tier of the fair play stand was only £19 last season, so even if it's gone up will only be a pound or two.

Hope to see you there,, COYS

Surely top of the league if we win this, and 4 games in, that would not be one of those random top of the leagues you get in week one or two, but a proper of the league......if that makes any sense at all!  

BTW, I put a bit of stats on the site months ago about this. If we go "proper" top of the top league next week, it will be only the second time in our history we have done this. Last time in the twenties. That's the 1920's. We are very, very close to making SJ history.

Christ, I need to get out more.......    

I wouldn't dream of going to the footy without the boy. He has Asperger's, he just started secondary school, and his life is a mess of massive new workload, panic, anxiety and bullying right now, but he loves the Saintees, and that makes me proud. Especially in a new school of Man Utd, Barcelona and Chelsea fans to contend with.

Hence the £30 comment.

Considering that we had a right hoodoo against them for so long, managed to break that, and they are there for the taking at the moment, I really think that we go into this game as the favourites.

Which isn't necessarily a good thing :neutral:

Edited by Edstar101

Considering that we had a right hoodoo against them for so long, managed to break that, and they are there for the taking at the moment, I really think that we go into this game as the favourites.

Which isn't necessarily a good thing :neutral:

Dundee Utd are slight favourites. Saints about 9/5

GMS looked on good form from the short highlights against Hibs and Dave will need to be top of his game.

Goodwillie has not found the scoring touch yet but he can't be far from it. They have a lot more ability to produce something in comparison to County.

Agree with all of this, GMS is a talent and always seems to rip us apart and although we looked very good against County I can't believe United will be nearly as bad as them.

Agree with all of this, GMS is a talent and always seems to rip us apart and although we looked very good against County I can't believe United will be nearly as bad as them.

Of course they won't be.....if we were playing East Stirling in the cup tomorrow, I wouldn't expect them to be as bad as County.

I still think we are favourites and 9/5 for a Saints win is a decent price for inclusion in a line I reckon

Where are you Smarmy?  :cry:

Still here from time to time Rik. My laptop crashed and I have only a 1 in 5 chance of the iPad, hence my contributions have all but stopped.

As for Saturday ........ I would make saints strong favourites for this one. We are are all over the place at the moment, Jmac clearly has no idea what his starting 11 are and even more worrysome he has little clue who his finishing 11 are, his substitutions are plain bizarre, he has hooked the best performer in each of the last two games and in so doing surrendered any chance of 3 points.

But I am an optimist and maybe sooner or latter his 'adventurous' formation may click, and we will see a slick passing side destroy the opposition....maybe this week. :)

we are with out a doubt imo, better in evry way compared to united. attack from the start and score quickly,want two nil before H.T. and then tighten things up,conserve a clean sheet at all costs...easy

Andy mate, I'll admit that I don't understand very many of your posts, and some leave me utterly baffled, but this is 100% spot on and well said.

I wouldn't say we have a better striker than Goodwillie, nor have a better winger than Mackay-Steven. Just saying

You are probably right, although Goodwillie can be hit or miss. On his day, he is superb, but I would say MacLean consistantly offers more in a game and May is developing into a player that looks like he will have more good days than bad due to, if nothing else, his workrate.

What we do have though is a better TEAM