Away Support Appreciation Thread

ex-montrosesaintee

Good show! Two young fans in the making in front of me singing dancing baiting the away support! Their boyish enthusiasm was heartwarming. Only slightly dampened by one of the wee boy's granny telling them to sit down! Certainly brought a wee smile to my face hahaha! (They could only be 10/11 at most)

Did the police actually throw someone out at the start? None of you were doing anything wrong?? Couldn't see if it was a warning or if he grabbed someone

Yeah someone was thrown out, not exactly sure why other than he wasn't sitting down. Thought the drum was fantastic second half, especially considering there wasn't much to cheer about!

Makes some difference watching on the tv and hearing a small band of Saints fans out-singing three stands of opposition fans, girlfriend got annoyed as I started singing along at points, then she joined in!  :laugh:

Its a wonder you didnt get, they cant hear you , to which i sing / shout even more, which annoys the wife even more

• 1 month later...

Just a wee point about some of the comments on here about the stewarding at the United game. A friend of a friend is looking at feedback into the stewarding at Tannadice. This is due to the poor standard of stewarding from the previous company and to see if things have improved. The overwhelming opinion is the stewards have been much more friendly and helpful. This has been the view from both United fans and away fans. The only set of fans that have had any serious complaints were Saints. You can read that into that what you will.

Just a wee point about some of the comments on here about the stewarding at the United game. A friend of a friend is looking at feedback into the stewarding at Tannadice. This is due to the poor standard of stewarding from the previous company and to see if things have improved. The overwhelming opinion is the stewards have been much more friendly and helpful. This has been the view from both United fans and away fans. The only set of fans that have had any serious complaints were Saints. You can read that into that what you will.

I was at the game, sitting with my son away from the 'choir' and (particularly at half time taking my lad to the toilet) found the stewards intimidating and aggressive to the point where my lad was scared.

While some if the saints fans were boisterous, it wasn't more than that, and the incidents mentioned previously were isolated.

Stewarding at other grounds isn't as aggressive as it was that day in Dundee. Very unimpressed.