Away Support Appreciation Thread

ex-montrosesaintee

A deserved win for Dundee United, congrats to all involved.  Very disappointing to concede early doors, although extremely unlucky with the deflection. As half-time approached I couldn't believe we found ourselves 3-0 down, but that's football and if you let your guard down for a second, it can easily happen.  Second half we looked rather lifeless, blown away by a more energetic and hungry Dundee United team, which could be put down to Tommy Wright admitting an overworking of the guys at training, however, I'd be more inclined to believe that it just wasn't our day and that the other team performed well.  Again, fair play to United.

On another point, I thought our support were vocally fantastic for the full 90 minutes which was encouraging to see.  Yes, there were a couple of unsavoury incidents within our away support which are totally unacceptable, however, I can't understand the continual negative attitude by percentages of our support towards those trying to create an atmosphere - without those who make some noise, and attend regularly paying an admission fee, just like you do, McDiarmid would almost be in silence. Again, to reiterate, I'm very much against numerous incidents that have occurred as of late, yet find it embarrassing for people to demean and show continual disrespect for certain groups of our support. 

Anyway, let's hope that a better performance is forthcoming in Aberdeen and that we get a decent crowd - looking forward to this one, should be a good game.

The poor size of our home support is well documented. I would be interested to see stats re % of average home gate against away support across the league. I bet we would come out of it pretty well.

The central location of Perth helps of course, as there are plenty of grounds that are within reasonable travelling time

I'm honestly quite taken aback by the amount of negativity. I don't get involved in drinking and jumping about, I sit and watch with the boy, and occasionally shout like a loony (but only ever encouragement - not on Saturday due to being out volumed by Ghostie), and I am very grateful for the positive atmosphere the group in question create.

Like others, of love it if the silly crap like spitting, pyro and vandalism were cut out, but overall the group are a massive benefit. TW again mentioned them in his post match interview.

We have threads for stand out players, the away support was MOTM yesterday. Brilliant both in numbers and volume.

We might have limited home support numbers, but we are arguably the most committed and passionate support in the SPFL right now.

Young lads were superb for 90 minutes.

Although It wasn't the best atmosphere I've been in considering the amount of us (lower than usual) and what happened in the game (4-0 defeat) I feel we still done pretty well noise wise. An extra 5-10 people up for creating an atmosphere and if we had been winning 4-0 I think the atmosphere would be electric. Tannadice isn't the easiest place to try and create an atmosphere due to the heavy handed stewards + police but I feel we done our club proud considering the 4-0 defeat. Roll on Pittodrie

Aye the Home support is shit and a lot of the Saints fans are just glory hunters. Those young ones are gonna give us a bad name and ruin it for all of us

Awh ... I hope I didn't come across like 'Victor Meldrew' it certainly was not my intention!

I think the young fans are fantastic, we all know how difficult it is to create any atmosphere especially at McD.

My heart did sink when I saw the 'spit' & the 'seat' incidents though, as I really don't think either can be condoned.

On the upside I did think the noise created was 'braw'

Just cut the nonsense out and continue to get behind our 'wee' team!

COYS

Although It wasn't the best atmosphere I've been in considering the amount of us (lower than usual) and what happened in the game (4-0 defeat) I feel we still done pretty well noise wise. An extra 5-10 people up for creating an atmosphere and if we had been winning 4-0 I think the atmosphere would be electric. Tannadice isn't the easiest place to try and create an atmosphere due to the heavy handed stewards + police but I feel we done our club proud considering the 4-0 defeat. Roll on Pittodrie

good lad Dylan - I hope some of the comments on this thread, made as general opinions and not reactions to one or two 'silly' posts show you that you guys are appreciated, but please just be a wee bit sensible with the things that do not contribute to the event, like pyro, seat breaking and spitting.  Just being at the footy doesn't make these things OK.

good lad Dylan - I hope some of the comments on this thread, made as general opinions and not reactions to one or two 'silly' posts show you that you guys are appreciated, but please just be a wee bit sensible with the things that do not contribute to the event, like pyro, seat breaking and spitting.  Just being at the footy doesn't make these things OK.

http://www.bishoptonprimary.ik.org/img/school_teacher5.gif

We are fast developing the most vile support in scotland. I told some of the guys they were not all young by the way and was told to F off.

Us good ones need to stand up to the hooligans. My pal is a Utd fan and was shocked at yday so was I.

SoupySaint man, chill. Just the young anes havin a bit of fun whilst supporting their team.

We are fast developing the most vile support in scotland. I told some of the guys they were not all young by the way and was told to F off.

Us good ones need to stand up to the hooligans. My pal is a Utd fan and was shocked at yday so was I.

I think your getting a bit carried away. 1 individual doesn't make our whole support vile nor does it tar the rest of the younger supporters as Hooligans etc. 

They are hardly Hooligans, I feel some of them THINK they big grown up hard men sometimes though. I'm not particularly old but older than most of the younger supporters and want to support the team, I want to enjoy the football as much as possible as well, I don't sit with the younger lads either but they are just acting like a lot of 16-18 year olds act - I'm sure some of the people on here their kids have misbehaved once upon a time when particularly when their parents aren't around to catch them!

I'm not saying its acceptable spitting or breaking chairs etc. I'm just saying that lets not get over dramatic about things. If they are all that bad they would be banned for life etc etc.

I'm equally critical of parts of supporters particularly last season in small minority moaning at the players during points in games (IE booing our team off at half time against Killie one Saturday afternoon 0-0 at the time) and just shouting unfounded abuse just because they aren't quite as good as Messi so we have got to give credit to the opposite as well to supporters who "support" the team regardless but also they should be reminded not to go to far as well? I think thats fair.

You and the hippy chippy guy should worry more about your own old firm fans.

congratulations to the young team.

the fact there are auld stonkers and envious non-entities slagging you proves you are doing something right.

at away games kicking up a racket is braw.more at home as well please.

Were trying our best at home but most people are only interested in away games

I remember early 80s, some of the antics we used to get up to was far worse than this (not that I agree with spitting, smaahing up seats etc). 2 games spring to mind.....Raith Rovers away, a few lads climbed onto the metal railings on the roof, swung over to the home support and hanging from the beams started kicking the away fans. Funny as to see it.

Falkirk away. About 30 of us got the train down, stopped off in Stirling and ran amok round the town. After the game, running battles with the Falkirk support back to the station then they bricked the train. We stopped off in Stirling again and had running battles with the Stirling boys only for the police to wait till it was all over then come in and nick the lot of us. As 16/17 year olds we thought it was a brilliant day out. Away days back then were always better than home games.