Away Support Appreciation Thread

ex-montrosesaintee

Don't mind the "Pint" song and have sung it many a time.Thought the "Die in your Bed Novo" was a bit much though.

Having  been "in with " or very near ( more by accident) the young crew in the last 2 visits to Tannadice and Morton and joining in most of the songs i have to say you are doing a grand job lads!Keep it up, and Well done

Holy **** ! Yet another thread turns into moaning about something .

Football is all about passion and tribalism although some on here would like it to be on a par with watching ****in Wimbledon .

Keep it up young team , get your non saints supporting mates to come and join in , passion , tribalism .

nah AS, it's just embarrassing. I fail to see why, with clearly quite a few guys capable of thinking up and orchestrating some pretty funny songs, they also see the need to sing such embarrassing nonsense too.

It's a daft song that might be a wee bit cringe worthy but it's there and it's Erchies and it will stay :) and I'm old :)

Edited by rickardo

What a fanny she shouldn't go to football I think!

I WENT OUT FOR A PINT I GOT ****ING PLASTERED I CAME HOME BEAT THE WIFE SHES A DUNDEE b******

It's a bit of an odd chant. It doesn't even make sense. Surely it should be "I'm a Dundee b******" at the end. Then it would be taking a dig at Dundee types. Instead, the only point it makes is that the person singing the song is a wife-beater who gets plastered after one pint.

As offensive songs go it's barely a 4/10.

The Wallace Mercer Song  7/10

Nacho Novo fat sally said no 0/10 (although the die in your bed bit gives it a 7/10)

I have always thought that as supporter it is also my duty to upset the opposition.

Give them it tight.

Now Im getting a bit more mature in years, I would prefer it didnt get sung and dread to think my lads are singing along with gusto. BUT in saying that, in the eighties we sung and did a lot lot worse. Its just me getting old I guess

I vividly recall a bus trip from the Caledonian Stadium into Inverness after the "Stark Must Go" game when you were giving that song full pelt whilst sitting beside one of your "lads". Practise what you preach

It's a bit of an odd chant. It doesn't even make sense. Surely it should be "I'm a Dundee b******" at the end. Then it would be taking a dig at Dundee types. Instead, the only point it makes is that the person singing the song is a wife-beater who gets plastered after one pint.

Used to always be " I'm " rather than " she's " did it not ?     

Singing it the way we seem to have started over the last few years means not only are we wife beaters that can t hold their beer, we re also very poor at picking a partner ??

At what point in the relationship did we realise we were married to a Dundee b*********, surely most of us would have found that out before stepping down the aisle ?

I can only presume that the song in question must relate to someone who married a good Perth lass and that somewhere after the marriage took place the lass in question changed he alegiance to Dundee. In those circumstances then the beating is probably fair enough !!!  

Used to always be " I'm " rather than " she's " did it not ?     

Singing it the way we seem to have started over the last few years means not only are we wife beaters that can t hold their beer, we re also very poor at picking a partner ??

I think you might be right. Is it possible the words were changed by accident after the people singing it had a half-pint and got a bit squiffy?

I am all in favour of annoying/winding up opposing players and fans (that Nacho Novo song the other night was excellent) and have done plenty of it myself over the years, but can someone please explain how a song about Dundonian wifebeating could possibly have "upset the opposition" on a wet Wednesday in Greenock?

This chant is just as, if not more, abhorrent than the offensive spoutings of the bigot brothers, with the added bonus of obscene language thrown in.  Hearing it is not going to stop me from going to matches, but I might think twice about subjecting my kids to it in future and (as I posted earlier) there is proof that at least one person has now completely stopped going to matches as a direct result.

So to summarise: this song is costing our club money, it's causing offence to OUR supporters, not our opponents, and (as blueheaven and strawman have pointed out) the words don't even make sense. Just give it a rest!

BTW well done to the support again at Tynecastle - pretty decent numbers on such a wet day, third game in a week for most people as well.