Famous Footballing Quotations

LethamChippy

I think that you will go a long way to beat this particular quotation but I welcome the chase.

Mr Bill Struth , when it came to domestic honours in the UK he has had no rival before or since , so , here are his words.

Sit back and admire....

Our very success, gained you will agree by skill, will draw more people than ever to see it. And that will benefit many more clubs than Rangers. Let the others come after us. We welcome the chase. It is healthy for us. We will never hide from it. Never fear, inevitably we shall have our years of failure, and when they arrive, we must reveal tolerance and sanity. No matter the days of anxiety that come our way, we shall emerge stronger because of the trials to be overcome. That has been the philosophy of The Rangers since the days of the gallant pioneers.

I think that you will go a long way to beat this particular quotation but I welcome the chase.

Mr Bill Struth , when it came to domestic honours in the UK he has had no rival before or since , so , here are his words.

Sit back and admire....

Our very success, gained you will agree by skill, will draw more people than ever to see it. And that will benefit many more clubs than Rangers. Let the others come after us. We welcome the chase. It is healthy for us. We will never hide from it. Never fear, inevitably we shall have our years of failure, and when they arrive, we must reveal tolerance and sanity. No matter the days of anxiety that come our way, we shall emerge stronger because of the trials to be overcome. That has been the philosophy of The Rangers since the days of the gallant pioneers.

Ok here goes.

What a load of bolllocks!

Wahay, bingo, got another one, full house, (pause for subtle anti-Catholic comment), Dundee Hibernian, "that lot", wahay, got you, bingo, full house, wahay........

105th.

And which famous footballing person said this?

Do you actually understand the concept of keeping a thread on topic?

When being presented with the portrait that now hangs in the Ibrox trophy room, Bill Struth said:

I have been lucky — lucky in those who were around me from the boardroom to the dressing-room. In time of stress, their unstinted support, unbroken devotion to our club and calmness in adversity eased the task of making The Rangers FC the premier club in this country.

Edited by LethamChippy

Despite having more money than every other club in the country, I feel we still don't have enough of an advantage.  So we're going to stop paying tax and indulge in any other form of cheating we can think of to give ourselves an unfair advantage.

Sir David Murray - sometime between 1990 and 2012

Despite having more money than every other club in the country, I feel we still don't have enough of an advantage.  So we're going to stop paying tax and indulge in any other form of cheating we can think of to give ourselves an unfair advantage.

Sir David Murray - sometime between 1990 and 2012

It REALLY IS All About The Rangers Eh?

you,ve got it bad, but its lovely.

Gary Neville (Manchester United)
"This was the loudest atmosphere that I have known, compared to any English ground away from home.
"There have been certain nights at Old Trafford in European games - the ones against Juventus comes to mind - when the atmosphere was incredible.
"But this was definitely up there with the best. It was fantastic.
"When we came out at the start I was looking around me and I saw people in the directors' box jumping up singing and I was wondering what was happening. It is not usually like that.

Frank Lampard (Chelsea)
"The Rangers fans were awesome, all the lads were talking about it," said Lampard.
"The reception I got when I went to take corners during the game, and after when we were going off, was really nice.
"They certainly love their own team, but it was very special to get that welcome. It was amazing really, and a very good game to play in for us, certainly the best friendly we've had.
"With that kind of backing from their crowd, they will be hard to beat.

you,ve got it bad, but its lovely.

Gary Neville (Manchester United)

"This was the loudest atmosphere that I have known, compared to any English ground away from home.

"There have been certain nights at Old Trafford in European games - the ones against Juventus comes to mind - when the atmosphere was incredible.

"But this was definitely up there with the best. It was fantastic.

"When we came out at the start I was looking around me and I saw people in the directors' box jumping up singing and I was wondering what was happening. It is not usually like that.

Made that one up?

Didier Drogba (Chelsea)
"All I can say when I try to imagine what it will be like at Ibrox is Ooh la la!' I played against Rangers at Ibrox with Chelsea in the summer and we lost 2-0, I have told Perrin that the atmosphere at Ibrox is absolutely magical. To my way of appreciating football, its truly really beautiful. That's how to support your team!"

Drogba goes on "Lyon played at Celtic a couple of seasons ago but Ibrox will be completely different!"

Thierry Henry (FC Barcelona)
"I know the atmosphere that's generated here and that makes it tough for any team. I thought the fans were unbelievable again.
"They were not swearing or shouting stupid things, they pushed their team forward and that's great to see."