May And Cregg In Todays Sun For Being Twitts

THE LARK SAINT

Does any one else think that May and Cregg might have been benched as a wee punishment for getting involved on twitter remarks about Gareth Bale.

According to the Sun( I know its the Sun) the have both been made to apologise for calling Bale a doper.According to the article two St.Johmstone players were made to apologise to Bale after wrongly accusing him of being a drugs cheat.

Scotland Under 21 Star May and the Republic Of Ireland's Cregg made the grovelling statements to the Real Madrid Star last night.The pair made a string of tweets questioning Bale and alleging he was a doper

May Wrote"He cant pull the wool over my eyes" but last night he said "GarethBale 11 is not a doper.Turns out he just works extra hard.Sorry to you and your representatives.Cregg added " i would like to say sorry to GarethBale 11 for claiming he dopes", its all down the hard work.

Is it a coincidence that they were both rested from first 11?

I know Tommy is none to keen on Twitter

What do folk think?

The comments on twatter were after the match - Sunday/Monday - clearly a joke between them that was jumped on by someone.  People really need to calm down, far to easily offended.  I question if anyone is actually offended by such stuff, or if they just think it could possibly be construed as offensive and therefore should be reported.  Nothing in it in my opinion.

The comments on twatter were after the match - Sunday/Monday - clearly a joke between them that was jumped on by someone.  People really need to calm down, far to easily offended.  I question if anyone is actually offended by such stuff, or if they just think it could possibly be construed as offensive and therefore should be reported.  Nothing in it in my opinion.

I'd imagine it's not so much about it being offensive as it is about it being libellous. I noticed those tweets the other night and assumed it was some sort of in-joke between them, but still - couldn't quite believe how stupid they were being to say that kind of stuff on public accounts.

I'd imagine it's not so much about it being offensive as it is about it being libellous. I noticed those tweets the other night and assumed it was some sort of in-joke between them, but still - couldn't quite believe how stupid they were being to say that kind of stuff on public accounts.

Yeah, fair point.  I thought it was so obviously an in-joke that nobody could take it seriously, but I suppose in the this uber-PC world you can't do things like that.  I also suppose that Spurs have been criticised for blood-spinning before, so even if it wasn't related to that, it could be misconstrued to be stirring up trouble.

Both are gifted footballers but neither strike me as being particularly intelligent. I also assumed it was a joke at first, but Paddy Cregg said that he was 'only being half-serious' or something to that effect when he was questioned about it by others. It was probably intended as a harmless joke, but you have to be careful about what you post on Twitter when you are in a relatively higher-profile job.