Scotland Vs Belgium

David123

I'm actually going just to see the quality players that Belguim will have on offer. There squad is unreal and if they play to their potential they will easily beat us.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ne'er mind, you can always admire the faceless men in their 'suits' and 'brogues' who, no doubt, will be taking their dignified positions up there in the VIP sections. It's a pity folk won't boycott these events until the SFA can be coerced into running Scottish football in a more honest fashion. An empty Hampden would certainly provoke the media, if not in Scotland, to ask some questions.

If Scotland play like they did against Croatia and England they can give anyone a reasonable game.  I fear that we lack a fearless leader though - a Colin Hendry type who would put everything on the line for his country.  That strength of character spread through the team.  For all Scott Brown is a tough character, I feel his aggression is often misdirected.  While I don't think he is of an appropriate standard yet - someone with Muzz's drive and determination would really benefit the Scotland squad as a whole.

Scotland have, for the first time in a long time, got some genuinely creative players.  They need more drive though, more national pride.  I think playing England again will have helped that though.

If Scotland play like they did against Croatia and England they can give anyone a reasonable game.  I fear that we lack a fearless leader though - a Colin Hendry type who would put everything on the line for his country.  That strength of character spread through the team.  For all Scott Brown is a tough character, I feel his aggression is often misdirected.  While I don't think he is of an appropriate standard yet - someone with Muzz's drive and determination would really benefit the Scotland squad as a whole.

Scotland have, for the first time in a long time, got some genuinely creative players.  They need more drive though, more national pride.  I think playing England again will have helped that though.

You still sticking to this drivel? Scotland got a lucky result in Croatia by defending well and catching Croatia on a rare off day. We scored a lucky goal and a great goal at Wembley and played some decent stuff at times against a lax, over-rated England. And because of that we can give anybody a game? I'll glide over the blinkered Muzz part and come to ask: who are these talented creative players we have? I keep hearing about our talented attacking players and I can't think of a single genuinely talented and technical forward player in our squads. We've got some workers who have some strong individual aspects to their game but no gifted creative players. The two Belgian fullbacks, who are both actually centre halves, have more ability, skill, better passing and composure than any Scottish player and more than the majority of the English squad while we're at it. The real positive that has come from the Strachan era, other than the return of a little rub of the green, is that in Martin and Hanley (who is still rough and makes rash decisions but could be a very good deender in time) we have a centre hal pairing that has some understanding and some promise. In the words of Chuck D, "Don't Believe the Hype!"