Scotland Vs Belgium

David123

Watched it on tv over here Belgium are a real good team, we had a couple off chances Browns and Maloneys off that cross from Anya who ripped the RB a new one prior to the cross at least its a big improvement fie Avril.

Just to put it in perspective were Scottish we dont eat beef tenderloin everyday we eat mince as long as its good mince be happy. At least we dont eat cuddys

Have to agree with most of what ODAB has said. Lets not kid ourselves, we are miles away now from being a team that will challenge for qualification to tournaments. We must try to keep possesion of the ball if we are going to have success in the future. While we don't have the players with great technical skills now, we do have the likes of Bannan and MacArthur who would of given us some sort of hope of keeping the ball.

Strachan's job is to sneak us results and he will set-up his team to do so, but you'll never see us qualify until we catch up with the modern game and try to play the game in a similar manner to the bigger nations. Strachan keeps mentioning height and strength, they are just part of the game- Spain seem to be doing very well without a particular abundance in either. We have always given the bigger teams a game of it, I personally don't see the shoots of encouragement being spoken about.

Last night simply confirmed to me that we have a good deputy keeper in Marshall, Hanley and Martin aren't too bad at the back and Scott Brown is currently our best player. We lack creativity and our wingers/playmakers aren't going to create regular goal scoring chances on international scene.

a lot praise for the central defense and slating of the offense. pretty sure hanley was at fault for the 2nd and a mixture of brown /mulgrew not tracking back and the defense not picking up the runner lost us the 1st.

after saying that we did pretty much nothing going forward but sometimes you just have to say you were outclassed by a better side

Edited by 541ntees

They weren't that far ahead of us and they are a very good side so that is a positive. To say that was as bad as Avril is pure drivel. Some nice passing football at times as well.

But there wasn't that was the problem, when we had the ball it was slow and predictable

For me if that had been a levine team he would have been slaughtered but Gordo is a wee media darling

For me Friday was a decent performance by Scotland and the games under Strachan have been a big improvement than the Levein teams. The Belgians although the better team did not create many clear cut chances unlike our game over there when they cut through us like butter and it could have been 8 or 9.

But there wasn't that was the problem, when we had the ball it was slow and predictable

For me if that had been a levine team he would have been slaughtered but Gordo is a wee media darling

OK performance against a very good team. Move on. Macedonia will provide a more useful measure of where we are.

I thought if we finished last in the group (where we are now) it was a disaster because we would drop to an even lower pot in future draws, but no mention of this in the weekend press. Has this threat somehow been removed?

Maybe not so much like drivel now!

If Scotland play like they did against Croatia and England they can give anyone a reasonable game.  I fear that we lack a fearless leader though - a Colin Hendry type who would put everything on the line for his country.  That strength of character spread through the team.  For all Scott Brown is a tough character, I feel his aggression is often misdirected.  While I don't think he is of an appropriate standard yet - someone with Muzz's drive and determination would really benefit the Scotland squad as a whole.

Scotland have, for the first time in a long time, got some genuinely creative players.  They need more drive though, more national pride.  I think playing England again will have helped that though.

Maybe not so much like drivel now!

No, last night was clearly two accidental goals in a game dominated by the Macedonians who are absolutely awful apart from one reasonable player in midfield.  Scotland should retire from international football as they are an embarrassment to the nation.  

That doom and gloom enough for the negative brigade on here?

OK performance against a very good team. Move on. Macedonia will provide a more useful measure of where we are.

I thought if we finished last in the group (where we are now) it was a disaster because we would drop to an even lower pot in future draws, but no mention of this in the weekend press. Has this threat somehow been removed?

The win in Croatia gave us enough points to ensure we didn't drop a pot in the next draw - I think it goes on points per game rather than the position in your group but I could be wrong.