League Cup Semi Final - 2013

AthensSaint

Tannadice - 14,209 capacity

Easter Road - 20,421

Tynecastle - 17,420

Murrayfield - 67,144

Ibrox - 51,082

Cel Park - 60,355

Assuming Aberdeen fans return en masse then they will be looking for at least 15,000 and Saints a minimum of 8,000- It kinda cuts the venue down to either a rugby stadium or one of the OF.

Murrayfield and the old firm grounds are too big for the semi, and Aberdeen would probably fill Tannadice on their own.

Best bet would be ER, 12,000 for them and 8 for us, give or take a bit for segregation.

And what about Saints giving out vouchers at all home games from now til the tickets go on sale. Obviously season ticket holders get first go, then the regulars who collect the vouchers second. It might even boost the crowds in the interim with people wanting to be in with a shout for a semi final ticket.

Murrayfield and the old firm grounds are too big for the semi, and Aberdeen would probably fill Tannadice on their own.

Best bet would be ER, 12,000 for them and 8 for us, give or take a bit for segregation.

And what about Saints giving out vouchers at all home games from now til the tickets go on sale. Obviously season ticket holders get first go, then the regulars who collect the vouchers second. It might even boost the crowds in the interim with people wanting to be in with a shout for a semi final ticket.

Someone can correct me if I am wrong -Season ticket holders(Normally) got 2 x tickets each which takes up the allocation of about 4400 plus the club itself will have tickets for the Businesses that assist Saints and that is closely followed I believe by Supporters buses then General sale

Someone can correct me if I am wrong -Season ticket holders(Normally) got 2 x tickets each which takes up the allocation of about 4400 plus the club itself will have tickets for the Businesses that assist Saints and that is closely followed I believe by Supporters buses then General sale

When you mention supporters buses ancient, is that all affiliated clubs? For example, us Highland Saints are a recognised supporters club but seldom run a bus, although there are usually anything from ten to twenty of us at home and not too far away games.

If so, and that means I'm getting a ticket, then ignore my previous post and sod the rest!! :laugh:  :laugh:  

Hugh Keevins is a vile human being. He hates the idea that smaller teams like us and Inverness can have any kind of success. He is from a long line of Scottish football 'journalists' who thinks everything in Scottish football should revolve around Rangers and Celtic, and the rest of us should be grateful just to be around to make up the numbers.

Succulent lamb springs to mind.

Great levels of optimism on display regarding the sort of crowds we could draw but I agree with Baiggers, one of the stands behind the goal at Easter Road would be sufficient for us in a semi-final and if we got into five figures should we reach the final, that would be doing well.

Saints could be in the Champions League final and we wouldn't get 20,000 fans.

When you mention supporters buses ancient, is that all affiliated clubs? For example, us Highland Saints are a recognised supporters club but seldom run a bus, although there are usually anything from ten to twenty of us at home and not too far away games.

If so, and that means I'm getting a ticket, then ignore my previous post and sod the rest!! :laugh:  :laugh:

Not Sure as I have never really looked into it I believe some of the Supporters buses did get Block book tickets on previous occasions But not sure if that has changed again or not - I have been a ST holder and nearly always managed to get a ticket as such - I would imagine supporters who travel by car and train would argue that the buses should not have the next choice behind ST holders.

Yep and that was against Oldco, we weren't expected to win (and obviously didn't). If we do get through to this final then the expectations of us winning will be very high and that is why I reckon we could get 20,000. There are lots of small town/villages in

Perthshire that could run their own bus to the game (or at least share one with the next nearest place) to make 20,000 achievable.

Would love to see it but there is absolutely no way we would take 20,000 fans. I believe we took 11,000 in 1999 and Saints were pulling in larger average attendances back then. I very much doubt the fact that it was against TFOD made much difference to the number of people who went. It was a very, very rare Cup final appearance - pretty much all Saints fans who could possibly make it, did so. I really don't think there were 9,000 missing Saints fans who didn't bother going because it was against Rangers and we weren't expected to win. I think we'll struggle to beat our 1999 attendance if we get there this time.

such pessimism there dude.

realistic pricing should go some way to beating the 1999 attendence.

I don't think it's pessimism. I'm very optimistic about the team itself. I just think there are less Saints fans around now than there were in 1999. Our average home league attendance this season is 3,637. In 1998/99 it was 7,038.