Genuine Bit Of Saints History

soulfulsaint

In all my years as a diehard I have never seen two SJFC players in the top-scorers table of the top flight of Scottish football. Well done to Stevie, Nigel and the club

Top Scorers
  1. 9 McKay

(Inverness CT)

2. 8 May

(St Johnstone)

3. 6 Boyd

(Kilmarnock)

4. 6 McGinn

(Aberdeen)

5. 5Hasselbaink

(St Johnstone)

Table published here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/scottish-premiership

Spiers is a fecking zoomer and if I saw someone punch his puss in the street I would intervene and demand that  the guy did it again and again ( and again........).  I would pay good money to see him dipped in a large vat of dogshite.. Never herad the show but glad you got him "TELT" :wink:

Spiers is a fecking zoomer and if I saw someone punch his puss in the street I would intervene and demand that the guy did it again and again ( and again........). I would pay good money to see him dipped in a large vat of dogshite.. Never herad the show but glad you got him "TELT" :wink:

Personally, I would feel sorry for the dogshit.

In all my years as a diehard I have never seen two SJFC players in the top-scorers table of the top flight of Scottish football. Well done to Stevie, Nigel and the club

Top Scorers
  1. 9 McKay

(Inverness CT)

2. 8 May

(St Johnstone)

3. 6 Boyd

(Kilmarnock)

4. 6 McGinn

(Aberdeen)

5. 5Hasselbaink

(St Johnstone)

Table published here:

Yeah!  That's the kind of thing I look at as well and i'm right chuffed to see a couple of Saintees up there (we have the 2nd best "goals for" in the league which pleases me also)

Edited by Capital Saint

Top Scorers
  1. 9 McKay

(Inverness CT)

2. 8 May

(St Johnstone)

3. 6 Boyd

(Kilmarnock)

4. 6 McGinn

(Aberdeen)

5. 5Hasselbaink

(St Johnstone)

Table published here:

Great to see and also good to hear from you Soulful - welcome back!

Could someone check "Bristling With Possibilities" and see if anybody reached th same goals as Stevie May in the first few months up until today 14/11/13 ......

We started with games like -

Dundee 1 Saints 2

Saints 3 Dundee 2

Saints 5 Falkirk 1

Falkirk 2 Saints 6

Kilmarnock 2 Saints 3

Saints 2 Kilmarnock 1

Saints 4 Partick Th. 0

Paartick Th. 1 Saints 8

Saints 2 Motherwell 0

.... then lots of league games.

Edited by Ronaldo

Top Scorers
  1. 9 McKay

(Inverness CT)

2. 8 May

(St Johnstone)

3. 6 Boyd

(Kilmarnock)

4. 6 McGinn

(Aberdeen)

5. 5Hasselbaink

(St Johnstone)

Table published here:

Add a player and manager of the month double in as well. Cannae be often that has happened either. Great times for our club!

Could someone check "Bristling With Possibilities" and see if anybody reached th same goals as Stevie May in the first few months up until today 14/11/13 ......

Dundee 1 Saints 2

Saints 3 Dundee 2

Saints 5 Falkirk 1

Falkirk 2 Saints 6

Kilmarnock 2 Saints 3

Saints 2 Kilmarnock 1

Saints 4 Partick Th. 0

Paartick Th. 1 Saints 8

Saints 2 Motherwell 0

There is a decent one on twitter -

St Johnstone 1884 @stjohnstone1884 10 Nov

Date and number of games to reach 10 top flight goals for the five players to manage it since 1975: pic.twitter.com/YugU9Iurbc

Dundee 1 Saints 2

Saints 3 Dundee 2

Saints 5 Falkirk 1

Falkirk 2 Saints 6

Kilmarnock 2 Saints 3

Saints 2 Kilmarnock 1

Saints 4 Partick Th. 0

Paartick Th. 1 Saints 8

Saints 2 Motherwell 0

That was 1970-/71 ..... sorry.

Bigger talent than Sally?

I want to say yes, but you've just made me sit and think of some of McCoist's big moments, and he was a helluva talent. Greedy? Yes, but he scored goals.

May. Greedy? Yes but he scores goals. I think May will go on to be a better memory for me.

That's if he ever leaves, of course :wink:

That was 1970-/71 ..... sorry.

That's what I guessed, but your scores are all wrong for that.  Check here: http://www.statto.com/football/teams/st-johnstone/1970-1971

Our goal difference in finishing third was 15.  Celtic (1st) was 66, Aberdeen (2nd) was 50 and Rangers (4th) was 24.  Obviously a lot of high scoring games away from Muirton as well.

I want to say yes, but you've just made me sit and think of some of McCoist's big moments, and he was a helluva talent. Greedy? Yes, but he scored goals.

May. Greedy? Yes but he scores goals. I think May will go on to be a better memory for me.

That's if he ever leaves, of course :wink:

At 27 I'm far too young to remember a young McCoist. I also think it's impossible to analyse players accross eras because the game changes every 5-10 years. I remember McCoist as the Polar opposite of May. I think of him as an old fashioned poacher. A guy that acheived nearly all his success inside the opposition's box but I only remember him playing in one helluva CB team in his 30's and at Killie in his later years.

I'd be interested in hearing opinions of guys that watched him during his time in Perth with regard to his playing style compared to later in his career. Also how did his scoring record compare with that of May?

I know players change as they grow for better or worse. Keigan Parker being a prime example. His work rate was second to none when he first broke into the team. I remember him chasing lost cause after lost cause, harrassing defenders and generally giving them no peace for 90 mins and we quite often reaped the rewards from that.

Maybe If he had continued to work like he did when he broke into the Saints team instead of believing the media hype and gaining a Billy Bigtime attitude he could have went further in the game. He maybe wouldn't have acheived the success of a Kenny Miller but you never know.

At 27 I'm far too young to remember a young McCoist. I also think it's impossible to analyse players accross eras because the game changes every 5-10 years. I remember McCoist as the Polar opposite of May. I think of him as an old fashioned poacher. A guy that acheived nearly all his success inside the opposition's box but I only remember him playing in one helluva CB team in his 30's and at Killie in his later years.

I'd be interested in hearing opinions of guys that watched him during his time in Perth with regard to his playing style compared to later in his career. Also how did his scoring record compare with that of May?

I know players change as they grow for better or worse. Keigan Parker being a prime example. His work rate was second to none when he first broke into the team. I remember him chasing lost cause after lost cause, harrassing defenders and generally giving them no peace for 90 mins and we quite often reaped the rewards from that.

Maybe If he had continued to work like he did when he broke into the Saints team instead of believing the media hype and gaining a Billy Bigtime attitude he could have went further in the game. He maybe wouldn't have acheived the success of a Kenny Miller but you never know.

Seen him (fat sally) play at Muirton and he was a quality striker. Aye a lot of his goals were poached (ala Jimmy Grieves stylee) but he did score from outside the six yard box on the odd occasion. The main difference between them for me is Stevie May has more in his locker as far as making his own chances most of the time and his assists. And May wants to be here Sally couldnae wait tae get away.

Oh.. and they were/are both greedy wee bastards at times. ;)

Edited by Oldermoresensiblepack

He was much more than just a poacher at Saints, Ryan, scored some great long range efforts and wasn't frightened to run at defences, often running rings round them and scoring or setting up a goal.

Remember, he was a hungry teenager when he played for Saints, in later years chances were just set on a plate for him.