Partick Thistle V St Johnstone Saturday 14/12/13

garydavidson

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

How would you expect them to subsidise folk taking the car, submit a mileage claim?  And maybe do a deal with Scotrail to subsidise train fares?  You could argue they should have layed on more buses but then its a waste of money if less than 100 take advantage of it.  Let's be honest, it is entirely possible that less than 100 will travel by bus, even with the subsidy.

My point was there should have been NO subsidy even for the buses - why should buses get subsidised when others cannot - I am not saying they should subsidise thos by air-train or car BUT why subsidise the buses ---In my opinion they have looked at the advantage of doing it and thats to get more in than they possibly would have --There should be no transport subsidy at all -its totally unfair ----i aint going NOT because of all this BUT wouldnt make my last bus home as its a midweek game ---To ME thistle are trying to appease a few but not all.

You're becoming a moany bugger, must be spending too much time with Hoodlum :wink:

By that logic you'd rather the binmen emptied nobodies bins if yours aren't getting done!  If folk feel they are being exploited then they don't have to take them up on the offer.  Folk who normally take the car or train, have the option to take advantage of the subsidy if they so wish.

Agree that Barossa should have been offered subsidised travel but it isn't a good gesture. It's going to benefit say 100 fans, the rest are going to have to pay full price to travel and still pay £12 to get into the game.

Meanwhile Partick are handing discounts all over the shop to their own fans.

Of course they are going to be offering discounts all over the place to their own fans. That's their bread and butter and they need to keep them as happy as possible.  Makes perfect sense to me, and I would like to think Saints would offer more to us than away fans.

You're becoming a moany bugger, must be spending too much time with Hoodlum :wink:

By that logic you'd rather the binmen emptied nobodies bins if yours aren't getting done!  If folk feel they are being exploited then they don't have to take them up on the offer.  Folk who normally take the car or train, have the option to take advantage of the subsidy if they so wish.

You miss my point BUT seeing you in action with Hoodlum in Edinburgh means you cannae argue wi the cooncil employee.

Of course they are going to be offering discounts all over the place to their own fans. That's their bread and butter and they need to keep them as happy as possible.  Makes perfect sense to me, and I would like to think Saints would offer more to us than away fans.

I'd expect Saints to price the game properly in the first place meaning they wouldn't have to rush out discounts to appease fans.

Well it looked like you were making two points and the other one is that it is not a goodwill gesture but a business move to get more folk through the turnstiles.  I'm not convinced despite being a cynical guy and even if it was, it doesn't really bother me.  We're all capable of assessing whether something is worthwhile or value for money.  You aren't going to go, some will.  Ultimately it is better that some saints fans will get the opportunity for or reduced travel than none in my mind

Well it looked like you were making two points and the other one is that it is not a goodwill gesture but a business move to get more folk through the turnstiles.  I'm not convinced despite being a cynical guy and even if it was, it doesn't really bother me.  We're all capable of assessing whether something is worthwhile or value for money.  You aren't going to go, some will.  Ultimately it is better that some saints fans will get the opportunity for or reduced travel than none in my mind

aye perhaps.

Has anyone asked thistle for any kind of part ail refund on the basis they can't make the rerun?

Yes, Jamie.

This was their very brief response:

"Unfortunately, fans that are unable to attend the rearranged game will not be eligible for a refund on their original ticket.

Kind Regards,

Kirsty McKee"

Maybe we should contact Trading Standards about "complimentary" vouchers.

Yes, Jamie.

This was their very brief response:

"Unfortunately, fans that are unable to attend the rearranged game will not be eligible for a refund on their original ticket.

Kind Regards,

Kirsty McKee"

Maybe we should contact Trading Standards about "complimentary" vouchers.

I checked the ticket I got after the abandoned game and it has the usual "contact Partick Thistle for terms and conditions" - so we have to accept they will not be doing refunds.

I checked the ticket I got after the abandoned game and it has the usual "contact Partick Thistle for terms and conditions" - so we have to accept they will not be doing refunds.

Can't see Trading Standards being of the opinion that  "complimentary" voucher is affected by Partick Thistle terms and conditions.

I live as near to if nearer to Firhill than I do to Perth so the subsidised busses are of no use to me, so if I choose to go to Firhill I will have the same travel costs as I had before Thistle's came out with this "gesture of goodwill".

No goodwill coming in my direction from Thistle.

I live as near to if nearer to Firhill than I do to Perth so the subsidised busses are of no use to me, so if I choose to go to Firhill I will have the same travel costs as I had before Thistle's came out with this "gesture of goodwill".

No goodwill coming in my direction from Thistle.

Thats because the "Goodwill" gesture was partly to help their PR out as much as Saints supporters as they are getting a bit of stick re the price.

On the flip side.....having not been able to make the original fixture, and kindly receiving vouchers from others who did but cannot go to replayed fixture, then I am getting a game of football for £12

Yay for me :D

(reminds me of the bit from 'The Office' where David Brent breaks the news to the staff that there are going to be redundancies, but adds "on the bright side, I am getting a promotion")

Could just be me, but I think this is getting a bit ridiculous now. 

It's rubbish that we need to pay again if we want to attend and it would have been fair to let us in for free. I'm sure everyone's been around long enough to realise that life's not fair. 

As for legal action surrounding the the 'complimentary voucher', we've no leg to stand on as they didn't charge us for the voucher. It doesn't say anywhere on it that it entitles the holder to free entry. 

I'll be going to the game as it's what I love doing and like many others, my loyalty has me over a proverbial barrel financially. That said, I can fully understand why others may not want to pay again and it certainly doesn't make them any less loyal.

Anyone want to talk about football?

Think this is rapidly becoming a 'must win' fixture as our away form speaks for itself. It'll be interesting to see if there's any additions (or further reductions) to the squad by the time this game comes around. coys.

Can I ask anyone interested in going to Firhill on Tues 21st Jan on the Barossa St Supporters bus please put your name down on the sheet ASAP. Club next open 11am Friday. 01738628391

Thank you

Any "Complimentary" vouchers that you are unable to use would be more than welcome too !

I will hand my COMPLIMENTARY voucher into Barossa club on Sat.