Fans Banned

sjfc.spl.09-10

Exactly. The police can't ban anyone from going near McDiarmid but it's up to Saints who they allow in the stadium. Celtic and our own fans have shown they can't behave despite being warned what is unacceptable. Maybe if Dylan's pals didn't set off smoke bombs etc they might have been trusted. Their own fault.

I think the police are just putting the frightners on the youth so they do not attend. As said above a court order must be issued to ban you from a certain place/area.

At the end of the day the police will be videoing and surrounding the 100 or so Perth boys while the 4,000 weegies get to do what they want.

As it's live on tv I hope sky cameras pick up all shenanigans and faces to show the world how you win the worlds best fans accolade.

In regards to the banners issue, if the Celtic fans had stuff which actually related to football then I don't think it would be an issue. It's sad that they're using the game to impose their political point of view on others. It's not the time or place. 

Whilst as HSF says, the club have the right to ban folk if they so wish (much like a pub/club can just say no to folk without seemingly giving a good reason) but if the rumours about folk not even being allowed near the ground are accurate then it sounds like more of a police decision but again if it was true then they would surely need to issue a particular warning to certain people personally.

In regards to smoke bombs, I don't have a problem with them personally (though I don't doubt they could have an effect on people who are closer to where they are set off) but when it's been stated on a number of occasions that the club runs the risk of being sanctioned due to them, then it seems a bit daft when folk persist in setting them off.

Theres been about 4/5 banned that I know of and no this is not bullshit.

Dylan, there must be some reason underlying action like that.

It's unlikely people would be randomly asked not to attend,.

There must be some perceived risk based on previous conduct.

Not suggesting it's right either way.

@robertthomson55: Also been told that police have reminded 2 St Johnstone fans with banning orders they won't be welcome. And no St Johnstone flags/drum too.

The banning of the drum is an absolute joke, what harm can that bring? I tend to agree with some of the sanctions but that is silly

If Saints and/or the Police have 'spoken to' some fans and said - look, if Celtic fans cause trouble, keep out of it and keep a low profile and let them suffer the consequences - then good on them.

If that's all that's happened and folk are throwing the toys out the pram and saying they are banned, then they really do need to grow up.

The club wouldn't be saying anything if they weren't expecting trouble. From my perspective as a fan, I would respectfully ask that the young crew remember that they are on TV and represent St Johnstone while they are in the ground. Nothing else should need said.

Let the 'best fans in the world' dig their own grave.

Edited by montrosesaintee

I think we have to remember that this is Celtic's first away game since "the best fans in the world" laid waste to Fir Park.  In the immediate aftermath attempts were made to lay as much blame as possible on the police for not sending in a cavalry charge.  Given the authorities penchant for bolting the stable door after the horse has bolted you can bet your last dollar that draconian steps will be taken at this game to try and ensure there is no trouble and it may be that Tayside's finest have already started to cover their backsides - and to be fair who can blame them?

The Herald has a story about all flags and banners being banned and I would think the famous drum has no chance of being allowed in.  Its no fair so its no but that is the way of the world.  We will just have to put up with it for one match and try not to give the West Coast media any opportunity to lay any blame on Saints.

So the truth is that 2 people with court banning orders are being told not to attend a match which legally they aren't supposed to.

The Police are short on manpower and resources. They can't tell someone not to turn up. Only the Courts can do that and they'd need a pretty good reason. A criminal offence.

The club can pick and choose who they choose to admit. Unless Perth is totally crime free, I can't imagine Police Scotland acting as errand boys for St Johnstone. It seems to me that this is another "me me me" shout from the young team.

Not just Saints Pseany this happens in any ground where the home support is less than the celtc support.

The polis just want an easy day and it's easier to handle the Saints fans than 2k steaming weedgies.

celtc fans have proven time and again they are main cause of trouble where ever they go but still pull out the "they were doing it as well" card. Maybe the polis/Saints are trying to deprive them of this opportunity? Been a few folk said it on here, let them show themselves up for what they are, a disgrace and embarasment to Scottish football.

Sounds to me that the Police will be enforcing checks on banning orders for the game after all the Celtic hoo-haa the other week. They would have to enforce these things fairly.

If that's the case then Saints are doing the banned fans a favour. The alternative could be a night in the cells, court appearance and a jail term for breaching a court order.

Sounds to me that the Police will be enforcing checks on banning orders for the game after all the Celtic hoo-haa the other week. They would have to enforce these things fairly.

If that's the case then Saints are doing the banned fans a favour. The alternative could be a night in the cells, court appearance and a jail term for breaching a court order.

Yep, sounds familiar. Maybe not the jail term but they defo do not like people going to high profile games whilst banned.

So if anybody is banned it's not worth the hassle.