Fans Banned

sjfc.spl.09-10

Been a few folk said it on here, let them show themselves up for what they are, a disgrace and embarasment to Scottish football.

I'd agree with that sentiment but they'll be showing themselves up at our ground and I really don't want to go into the next home game with stands closed / reduced in capacity due to damage from vandalism, flares, buckfast stains etc.

I'd agree with that sentiment but they'll be showing themselves up at our ground and I really don't want to go into the next home game with stands closed / reduced in capacity due to damage from vandalism, flares, buckfast stains etc.

They could have a full scale riot and hang a ballboy from the rafters and the SPFL would still do diddly squat about it and it would get no coverage on the telly either for fear of upsetting the poor souls.

The ones who have been banned are in no trouble with the police

If they are not in any trouble with the police and are law abiding citizens. How did the polis know about them and where to get them?? Also if tehy have a football banning order they have been known to the police and have already been convicted.

There were 2 banning orders, both for the Rosenborg home game if I recall and they are still banned from every ground in Scotland for the near future. The 2 fans in question have not been contacted by Police Scotland as their ban is still in place. The police have been contacting saints fans to tell them directly not to attend the match. If they are seen near the ground, 208 public house or Tulloch institute they will be arrested and kept in the cells until the court opens again. This was at the request of Police Scotland and St.Johnstone FC. I know of 6 fans that have been contacted at the moment with more to follow on Monday with one directed to sign a sheet of paper declaring he would not attend the game.

" St Johnstone haven't banned anyone, 2 out by court order and a few others been spoken to but not banned. "

Stop spreading shite rumours!

It isn't rumours I'm afraid Hannah. Maybe its scare tactics by the club and the Police but if you tell fans, some who are still at school, that if they go near the ground, 208 or Tulloch that they will be arrested then it sounds like a ban to me.

It's up to Saints who they allow in their ground, their private property. If those fans learned to behave they'd be allowed in. We already know they can't be trusted after being warned not to let off smoke bombs against Rosenborg and Minsk but still proceeded to do it. They aren't young lads either, it's about time they grew up. Bitching all over twitter and slagging the club off isn't going to change their mind, the only thing that will make saints trust them is if they show they can behave.

It's up to Saints who they allow in their ground, their private property. If those fans learned to behave they'd be allowed in. We already know they can't be trusted after being warned not to let off smoke bombs against Rosenborg and Minsk but still proceeded to do it. They aren't young lads either, it's about time they grew up. Bitching all over twitter and slagging the club off isn't going to change their mind, the only thing that will make saints trust them is if they show they can behave.

The thing is who are "they". You cannot ban a person because they sit in a certain section of a ground. If the club or more importantly Police Scotland have proof that someone has committed a crime then by all means arrest and charge them. You cannot be charged with, as far as I know thinking about committing a crime. If the police know who were to blame for the smoke bombs then arrest and charge them.

What an absolute bunch of hypocrites!!!

2-3 years ago, folk on here were moaning cause there was no atmosphere, no new generation of fans coming through etc.

Now that there are a 'young team' taking an interest albeit with a few daft moments by a few of them at least there creating some sort of atmosphere at home an away games, these same folk are still moaning!

Saints arent blessed with sell out crowds every other saturday, so rather than just ban the fans that do turn up week in week out, would it not of been easier to 'have a word' explaining to them the consequences, rather than tell them there banned??!

Saints need to have a look at themselves over this celtic game, ie hiking prices, treatment of loyal fans, an banning flags etc, if celtic fans want to make cunts of themselves on live tv, why not let them rather rhan trying to cover up for them!

What an absolute bunch of hypocrites!!!

2-3 years ago, folk on here were moaning cause there was no atmosphere, no new generation of fans coming through etc.

Now that there are a 'young team' taking an interest albeit with a few daft moments by a few of them at least there creating some sort of atmosphere at home an away games, these same folk are still moaning!

Saints arent blessed with sell out crowds every other saturday, so rather than just ban the fans that do turn up week in week out, would it not of been easier to 'have a word' explaining to them the consequences, rather than tell them there banned??!

Saints need to have a look at themselves over this celtic game, ie hiking prices, treatment of loyal fans, an banning flags etc, if celtic fans want to make cunts of themselves on live tv, why not let them rather rhan trying to cover up for them!

well said dude.

You are right Hannah, saints can ban who they want but banning people for no reason turns to resentment. I also agree that pubs can stop you from entering the premises/asking you to leave if they don't like the look of you but you'll always find a pub that will let you in. No matter what town or city you live.

The consequences were known against both Rosenborg and Minsk yet we still had fans let off smoke bombs and enter the pitch! Jesus Christ. They've shown they can't behave when asked to do so. There is no reason they will now!

Oh aye i forgot everyone of then threw flares at that game, right enough!!

What happens if all these boys get banned?! Who will you moan at then?!

I didn't see any of them complaining, in fact they were all on here and twitter boasting about it! They could have stood up to the perpetrator and told them how damaging it could have been to the club!

I don't want them banned, I just want them to learn what is right and what is not allowed. Saints obviously don't trust them to behave. Banning a few of them is less damaging than them misbehaving.

Was there actually even FLARES at these games saw smoke bombs but didnt see flares.

I think yet again we are getting to the point where things are getting blown out of all proportions and folk that don;t know all the facts are putting 2 and 2 together and making 5. Quite sad that some fans are being told to stay away but only Police Scotland will know the facts andI doubt if it is a decision taht has been taken lightly.

If boasting about fighting casuals is what they think Saints want in their fans then that'll tell you why they aren't welcome... ;-) perhaps they should learn to be discreet.

I don't know any of the younger lads particularly but from what I do know IF any of them are on twitter saying they are going to fight casuals they are simply lining themselves up for a complete beating because none of them are capable of fighting their own sleep, never mind a grown man.

If they have been on twitter giving it the big man, it serves them right. Its the only way they are going to learn.

We should definitely have a wager though on how many flags get into McDiarmid. I reckon 30 and the first flare/smokebombs to be set off at 15.00 exactly...

And drinking in the Crieff Rd area and within McDiarmid Park. It always happens and it will be the same again on Thursday.

I started a twatter account about 2 years ago and never used it. I started to have a look at it about 3 or 4 weeks ago and just got bored,so that's as far as I ve went. If folk have been boasting and posting stuff on twatter then they deserve all they get tbh. Should know by now that these things are monitored regularly.