Saints V Celtic, Boxing Day, 3Pm Ko

glenrothes saintee

We'll according to the pundits, Van Dijk is like Romario. No wonder we lost.

Unlucky not to take a point out of that game I reckon. Better stuff second half. Edwards and croft both did well when they came on. Davidson was my MOTM, again, with Easton and MacDonald both excellent. Jahic was excellent but was at fault for the goal, as was MacKay.

May worked very hard, but was greedy towards the end. His first time ball from wide right was superb though.

I never heard the commentators greeting about poor sportsmanship when Scott Brown took a minute and a half to take his boot on. In fact they actually praised the amount of time they were taking overs set pieces.

How I wish we'd scored when we didn't give the ball back just to see Lennon implode.

By our own defending - I would say so.

Should have had a penalty but they should have had a second so the officials have not cheated us.

Shame that we missed out on a point from that poor poor goal.

MacKay would have intercepted their offside goal - he played to the whistle. Can't possibly say the goal should have stood.

Although the commentators did.

8,000,000 times.

I never heard the commentators greeting about poor sportsmanship when Scott Brown took a minute and a half to take his boot on. In fact they actually praised the amount of time they were taking overs set pieces.

How I wish we'd scored when we didn't give the ball back just to see Lennon implode.

Thought it was quite disgusting myself. No idea why we never just gave it back to them.

If it were the other way round I am sure you would both be singing a different tune.

Our goalkeeper wouldn't be daft enough to throw the ball out with a minute to go when one of our players wasn't even pretending to be injured and expect the ball back, so that's a mute point.

If it were the other way round I am sure you would both be singing a different tune.

I admit, half an hour later I would of had a moral dilemma - but in the heat of the moment, it would have been marvellous. The worst bit was his rolling around like he was shot, then popping up onto two healthy feet to protest to the ref.

I feel a lot better now, as I got to tell several carloads of The Rangers fans reaching their cars early that Stranraer equalised in the last minute.

Again, the fear of Celtic is more of a threat to us than Celtic themselves. We gave them far too much respect and time on the ball, and the opening goal was a joke defensively. Tommy Wright made the correct decision in replacing Gary Miller with Gwion Edwards, who I was impressed with. We had been lacking that direct style of play and he provided a few dangerous moments. However, you cannot complain about losing a football match when you only have one shot on target.

Celtic's constant cheating and time-wasting attempts were a bit pathetic, and I don't have a clue why Forster wasn't at least booked for punting the ball into the East Stand.

Anyway, a much improved second half performance means that we have some positives to take from the game: It was nice to see Croft again, Gwion looked impressive, Chris Kane got a run-out and we (perhaps frustratingly, as we should have been doing it from the start) made their defence look a bit torrid in the second half.

Not a result to be ashamed of, but we are capable of more. Finally, fair play to both sets of supporters who gave decent accounts of themselves.

Edited by The Real Saints

Saints unlucky today not to get a point. Poor 1st half, much better 2nd half.. Don't like losing but have to say am not overly down.. Sadly just for a change our referee was a hopeless, spineless c**t.

As for not giving them the ball back, we were quite right. The rules are simple, If the ref thinks it's a head knock, he can stop the play otherwise, unless it is obviously a serious injury, nobody should be kicking the ball out. There was nothing wrong with the guy and he was CHEATING.. Feck him and feck them...

Luckily all of our players have enough pride not to tumble onto the floor and roll about holding thier ankles before jumping up and running to the ref. It was complete bawbaggery and was worse than Samaras' constant attempts at wasting time aswell. Quite easily the worst Celtic side I've ever seen in terms of quality and cheating