Saints V Celtic, Boxing Day, 3Pm Ko

glenrothes saintee

Jahic was excellent yesterday apart from a lacklustre tackle for their goal. That's the first mistake he's made and he's our best centre-half, his quality is clear to see. Then again Scobbie's a WAP favourite on here and that says it all.

Also wonderful to see Spoony taking undue slagging. He's a bit off the boil, much like everyone else, but his effort is faultless and he's not a wide man. A goal and he'll be back to his early season form. People quickly forget how he tore the likes of ICT, County and Motherwell apart. He's our best ball playing midfielder by far and his ability to spot a pass is what sets his apart, he's just not making as many as he can do just now.

I also thought Jahic was excellent yesterday and I agree he is a class apart from the other defenders at the club. It's very obvious. Would agree that Scobbie can think himself unlucky not to start yesterday but Brian Easton is miles better at left back and Wright obviously feels F Wright and Jahic is a better option in the middle. We have decent competition across the back four. It's already helped us immensely this season.

I don't get the slagging of Wotherspoon but then I also like Edwards and seem to be in the minority there. Spoony was alright yesterday. His delivery at set pieces wasn't good but that's no reason to drop him. He didn't go hiding in a very tough, physical game and I don't think he necessarily did anything wrong. No big mistakes that cost us in any way. It's harsh to expect him to play the way he did against sides like Ross County. Celtic are a much tougher opponent with much better players.

They were just better than us and it showed. I don't think any Saints played did badly.

He beat Jahic in midfield! He was so far out of position I thought he was Steven Anderson in 2009.

Like I said, his only mistake.

Having watched the highlights are you still of the same opinion Montrose??

Miller and macdonald waved him through to jahic. (That's how it looked from my seat)

That was how I saw it at the time and confirmed by the video.

Edited by mainstand

Yeah, he was out of position, and Van Dijk was past him in a flash. MacDonald should have taken his ankles out though, accepted the yellow card. He could see Jahic was out of position.

Jahic was the person the Timothy went past, just outside the box, albeit a bad challenge, no where near out if position or near half way line!

I also thought Jahic was excellent yesterday and I agree he is a class apart from the other defenders at the club. It's very obvious. Would agree that Scobbie can think himself unlucky not to start yesterday but Brian Easton is miles better at left back and Wright obviously feels F Wright and Jahic is a better option in the middle. We have decent competition across the back four. It's already helped us immensely this season.

I don't get the slagging of Wotherspoon but then I also like Edwards and seem to be in the minority there. Spoony was alright yesterday. His delivery at set pieces wasn't good but that's no reason to drop him. He didn't go hiding in a very tough, physical game and I don't think he necessarily did anything wrong. No big mistakes that cost us in any way. It's harsh to expect him to play the way he did against sides like Ross County. Celtic are a much tougher opponent with much better players.

They were just better than us and it showed. I don't think any Saints played did badly.

Sam, wouldn't dare patronise you, but your reading of games is exceptional for a lady, and you really can teach a majority of males on here a thing or two!

Jahic was the person the Timothy went past, just outside the box, albeit a bad challenge, no where near out if position or near half way line!

he was initially moving out with the striker but passed him on and came back into middle to tackle but got caught on his worng foot and got sidestepped.

Yeah, he was out of position, and Van Dijk was past him in a flash. MacDonald should have taken his ankles out though, accepted the yellow card. He could see Jahic was out of position.

I hink you are getting Jahic and MacDonald mixed up.

He was nowhere near the halfway line and was in the back four. As stated above the midfielders should have had him well before he made it to the defenders.

Jim Goodwin of St.Mirren is going to be investigated over a couple of very blatant elbows in their game against United that went unpunished by the referee. See no difference between what he did and what Van Dijk did except he almost decapitated Stevie May AND denied a clear goal scoring opportunity. It was just blatant cheating. Goodwin is blatant thuggery. Both as bad as each other.

I haven't been to a match between Saints and either side of the old firm (home or away) for a few years and now I remember why.

I was appalled at the one-sided refereeing, blatant cheating by Samaras and co, time wasting, and the three bookings to Saints players for innocuous fouls.

From 30 mins on, I felt we competed strongly and at times were the better team. A less biased ref ( yes I do mean you Thomson ya fud - I'm not censored by the SFA blazerati ) and we would have got at least a point from the game. To walk away with nothing really hurts.