Saints V Celtic, Boxing Day, 3Pm Ko

glenrothes saintee

Poor goal to concede as everyone was pointing at each other and no one stepping in to make a challenge.

Edwards and Kane to start against United.

Must say I thought it was primarily Jahic's fault. His first mistake in a saints shirt, and it was unluckily very costly. He was faultless for the rest of the game.

Has the rules been changed again about the technical area???

No just if you are Neil Lennon and the 4th Official is steven McLean you can do what the hell you want, including standing on the pitch going halfway up the touchline etc

Wotherspoon deserves to be dropped. How he gets a start in front of others is beyond me.

Think that is a bit harsh,

Because he was quite clearly not hurt, why pander to their time wasting?

Couldn't believe that I would ever see a Sellick team rolling about as if they had been shot, running down the clock, with 15 minutes to go.

Decision wise, Craig Thomson was abysmal, favouring the theatrical with bookings, which were fouls.

When fouls were committed against Saints players, in the main, they were not given and was surprised when he actually gave a Tic player a yellow card.

Ref. showed his true colours today.

We deserved a point overall.

Deserved a point today. Play like that on Sunday and we will beat Dundee United. 

Defending was immense all afternoon apart from the goal where Mcdonald and Davidson let Van Dijk waltz through and Jahic didn't make the challenge. Brian Easton is our best left back for many years - a level above Scobbie. Wright was fantastic today and showed why he is an important player and the criticism has been harsh. Dave Mackay was solid but didn't offer much going forward.

Murray Davidson was back to his old self throwing himself into challenges and winning headers. Gary McDonald offers nothing , although he improved after half time surely Cregg should have started. Edwards made a difference when he came on and he should have started over Gary Miller. David Wotherspoon was pretty average.

Stevie May was lively and was denied a stonewall penalty - if it had been Celtic it would have been given . Nigel was quiet but his effort cannot be questioned any more. 

Celtic were dreadful. A team of their calibre time wasting shows that we played well today. Scott Brown and Georgios Samaras's play acting was embarrassing.

Edwards in for Miller should be the only change for Dundee United game. 

I can see why he started with Miller, as their full backs pushed on all game. Had we not conceded early it would have paid dividends. Having conceded, he did limit our attacking options, and Gwion's threat being his pace probably limited their fullbacks a little more anyway.

I thought the team selection was OK today. We definitely could have scored, which we didn't much look like doing against Aberdeen or Hibs.

The last few games have shown how one dimensional we are without the skill and passing of MacLean though. Hopefully Croft can fill that void and when Macca returns we'll be back to our formidable best.

Thought I was going to have a feckin stroke today!

'Sellick' were just as I'd expected them to be be, cheating, arrogant B's....greetin all the time!

Wanting everything getting everything ... Usual incompetent ref... Utter disgrace!

Impotent 2nd officials!

Sad my team gave them a goal so cheaply...thought we deserved at least a point!

At the end of the day 'Sellick' are only crap at the top of pile of crap that is Scottish football! Thanks to them and the other half of the old firm...they both should be very proud!!!

Croft needs to lose a stone.

Edwards possibly.

Cregg defensive central midfielder.

Millar has ZERO attacking prowess and continually wants to drift inside anyway.

Kane is a goalscorer not a winger.

From the way I watch Wotherspoon, he doesn't play on the wing, he plays in centre midfield. Forgive me if I am wrong.

Thought Edwards was brilliant when the came on. Most impressed I've been with him.

Stonewaller on May. Shocking refereeing. Quite a few 'advantages' played by the ref and he never returned to book the Celtic player.

Biggest disappointment was their goal though. So poor. Gary Macdonald was awful in that spell but it gave him the kick up the arse he needed and he was great after that. That was Jahic only mistake but Mackay was also too far away from him.

Thought Edwards was brilliant when the came on. Most impressed I've been with him.

Stonewaller on May. Shocking refereeing. Quite a few 'advantages' played by the ref and he never returned to book the Celtic player.

Biggest disappointment was their goal though. So poor. Gary Macdonald was awful in that spell but it gave him the kick up the arse he needed and he was great after that. That was Jahic only mistake but Mackay was also too far away from him.

Let's all guess whether the BBC highlights will show this.....or will talk about the Sellick player having a broken ankle one minute then sprinting up to the ref the next

Em.....doubtful

Frustrating as Celtic were there for the taking. They are a poor team, but unfortunately that still puts them above half of the league. Fortunate that most clubs are adjusting as if that Celtic team were in the spl 10 years ago, they'd be getting a few beatings.

Anyway, I'd have liked to have seen a few more intelligent balls put through for may and Nigel. Against most teams, that performance would have won games and with just a bit more quality in midfield, I think we would have got something today. Arguably, we handed Celtic some of their best chances through stand offish defending, the goal in particular obviously.

I always find the most frustrating thing vs Celtic and the dead lot is that it is not just the big decisions going against you that really frustrates, things like not getting clear corners and throw ins etc highlights just how much they get.

Finally, Scott brown is the most overrated footballer since Paul mcstay and Barry ferguson. He just boots folk half the time, but cannot take the same challenges he gives out.