Saints V Aberdeen. Slc Semi-Final. Sat 1St Feb.

The ghost of Jim Morton

Okay dokey, the starter has failed to turn up so it's straight onto the main course.

There are a few positives about the postponement of the Arabs game.

1. No fresh injuries.

2. No fresh suspension

3. A now well rested team

4. No confidence sapping defeat going into the semi, rather we go in on the back of a good away win.

So lets embrace this game, lets talk up our chances. lets believe that this is OUR YEAR!!!

We are Perth St.Johnstone and  we can do this..

Let the build up commence... :wink:

COYS

We actually do do League Cup finals, Aberdeen are very hot and cold, McInnes is shite at semis, our cup record this year is (I think) P7 W5 D1 L1 F9 A2 GD+7, some cracking signings from TW, Scotland's top striker, we can thrash the other two teams involved in the final, and it will get me out of getting married in early April which the Beloved says we have to.

Is this game televised at all? Had some Spanish friends ready and willing to be converted into Saintees tonight, hope to get another chance soon

Not officially, but there might be a feed somewhere?  Doubt it though.  I'd offer to try some sort of face-time link up but the pyro smoke will render my videoing useless.

MacKay, Anderson and May were all in the squad when we lost 3-0 to Motherwell.  They will remember only too vividly the danger of a slow and negative start in a cup semi-final.  

I can't believe they are the only surviving players who will play a part on Saturday....  The only other players in the squad that day who remain at Saints were Muzz and Caddis.

A Rosenburg performance please. Pressing from the off, frustrate Aberdeen and have their fans on their back. Also hoping that this McInnes team puts in the same insipid performance that I witnessed in a previous semifinal, which still pains me to this day.

Underdogs, siege mentality, lost muzz, lost our keeper, out numbered but not out-sung. COYS dig in for the next chapter of the mighty Perth saints.

Buzzin for this now, week cant go quickly enough.  Hopefully when things appear to be going against us we will prevail. 

Im putting money on dunne scoring the winner with a liam craig esk strike (at east end) at the roseburn stand end to send the 4,000 saints fans into delirium.

Too early for talk of the starting eleven?