Saints V Aberdeen. Slc Semi-Final. Sat 1St Feb.

The ghost of Jim Morton

Best bit of today was the 2 dons fans being huckled by Saints fans, when they celebrated their first goal - sitting in the Saints section of the Main Stand.

Stewards and Police saved them, then chucked them out

was In main stand and didnt notice any disturbance

heard there was aberdeen idiots spitting at saints fans

On exiting the ground heard an old boy wanting a stewards badge number as the steward had ignored alleged behaviour by dons fans

they were a vile bunch

To be honest, my one fear when I heard the teams was Mcdonald & Millar v. Robson & Flood. I've noticed with Mcdonald that he does run around a bit but doesn't seem to actually ever put a challenge in. Millar was decent on the ball, but too many times its side to side, or back...that killed any impetus we had in the move. Aberdeen were very comfortable defending...pretty crude at times, particularly in the first half, but we had no answer.

While I dont think Mcdonald is as bad as others on here, he is a player that could easily be replaced and we should be aiming to do that. Hopefully the new lad brings a bit of steel in the midfield.

To lose 4-0 was no. a true reflection.

They had 5 shots on target.

McInnes did a job on Saints & Robson did a job on May. Why he was still on the park is a mystery.

Good to see an attacking line up but in hindsite we should have set ourselves up like Aberdeen & gone for a 0-0 draw.

We overworked the ball instead of getting it in the box or shooting on site as the way they were packing the box we might have got a reflection.

Banks was poor & never covered his angles at 2 or 3 of the goals.

McDonald never put a decent challenge in all game.

Dave caught in possession to often & has to be moved to centre back to replace Weight.

Good game by Spoony & East on. Hope he wasn't replaced due to injury.

While I dont think Mcdonald is as bad as others on here, he is a player that could easily be replaced and we should be aiming to do that. Hopefully the new lad brings a bit of steel in the midfield.

He was effectively given a two year deal a few months back, and is clearly a favourite of TW, think we'll just have to get used to his befuddling role in the midfield. Whats he actually meant to be doing?

Because when we lost to Aberdeen at McDiarmid earlier this season we did so because of a few fairly obvious reasons

• Our defenders couldnt cope with the pace of the Aberdeen wingers
  • Our defenders couldn't cope with a physical striker who wanted to lay the ball off
  • Our wingers don't help out enough defensively, and struggle against half decent full backs with some pace
  • Our midfield isn't good enough to go toe-to-toe with Aberdeens so using the same formation means we'll lose the midfielders
  • Stevie May gets far too isolated due to the loss of midfielders
  • Stevie May will not win headers against the Aberdeen defence, nor does he have the pace to get in behind them

Tommy Wright will have noticed all this, as hes been involved with football for longer than I've lived. Yet today he done literally nothing differently than in that game, not one attempt at changing things to try and address these problems, the changes he made weren't entirely forced at all, but the decision to start May, Spoony, Nigel and Croft was incredibly stupid (brave maybe, but still stupid), and its these decisions that are costing us just as much as the players mistakes. He shouldn't be given a free ride while the players get slaughtered 

But without howlers from Banks (no choice) and our two most dependable defenders, it would have been 0-0.  Without the heads going down, I'm sure the possession and pressure we created would have paid off.  Our other 8 players were more than good enough to win that game today.  I don't know how you expect to address your points (most of which are related to Aberdeen's pace) with the players we have.

It's all opinion anyway, we lost, a'm raging.

He was effectively given a two year deal a few months back, and is clearly a favourite of TW, think we'll just have to get used to his befuddling role in the midfield. Whats he actually meant to be doing?

I'm glad it's not just me who sees he's useless.

I often wonder watching him how it's possible Wright sees something different? It quite frustrates me Because he spends more time giving the ball away than he does finding a team mate etc. How can he possibly see something so different?

But without howlers from Banks (no choice) and our two most dependable defenders, it would have been 0-0.  Without the heads going down, I'm sure the possession and pressure we created would have paid off.  Our other 8 players were more than good enough to win that game today.  I don't know how you expect to address your points (most of which are related to Aberdeen's pace) with the players we have.

It's all opinion anyway, we lost, a'm raging.

Banks never made a howler. You see goalkeepers miskick goal kicks all the time in that weather, the defenders completely falling asleep and Andersons decision to let the ball across the box cost us the first. 

Anyway its been like this all season, think back to the Minsk game if you must, or even the loss at Fir Park lately. It runs far deeper than just luck on the day that we so often lose despite "being the better team", its not just rotten luck that we can't create a decent chance over 90 minutes so many times, and its not just rotten luck we so often concede four goals. There'll come a time when people need to realise that this is tactical errors from the manager and not just luck on the day

We aren't good enough to take Aberdeen on, its that simple really. And to effectively play four attacking players in the knowledge your playing a better side who also possess pace is suicide regardless of player errors, we were on a hiding today as soon as TW made that decision

I've no problem with Mcdonald being a squad player..I just think we should be aiming for a better standard of player as a first team regular.

Just watched the first two goals on the bbc site...banks was a little unlucky with his kick, the ball moved just as he went to kick it....why didnt Anderson just kick it into the stand! (at least he's been on twitter to apologise). Banks doesn't cover himself in glory with the second...couldnt face watching the other two!

I'm glad it's not just me who sees he's useless.

I often wonder watching him how it's possible Wright sees something different? It quite frustrates me Because he spends more time giving the ball away than he does finding a team mate etc. How can he possibly see something so different?

I know. How many times does he let the ball run across him, and then lose it without even touching the ball? The only actual positive he has is his height I suppose, but to think that hes been our number one central midfielder this season is incredible

It'd be interesting to know what TW sees in him, I remember him mentioning his runs into the box when he first signed, has he signed the wrong person?

You really don't do yourself any favours, do you wee fatty? Somebody is really going to get piled into you wee shits one of these days

Okay Dylan's post isn't great. He's frustrated to.

I don't know you so I could be wrong but aren't you in a position in society that possibly u should think twice before posting something like that? (Could be the wrong person)

Why are saints fans so keen to turn on their own fans when some aberdeen fans acted like complete knobs today

The behaviour of the Dons fans  has nothing to do with St.Johnstone. Please don't try to justify  appaling behaviour by so called Saints fans just because the other teams fans  were shitebags. That is  utter whataboutery.

The facts are very clear.. Someone  thought it was hard/ clever/ cool to chuck a fecking seat into the goalmouth occupied by OUR keeper. It would have been bad enough if Langfield had been at that end at the time but the fact that it was Banks beggars belief.. There is and can, be NO JUSTIFICATION for shite like this. Then we have  the two fuds who  run onto the pitch. Now I have been reliably informed that niether are die hard Saints fans but someone has gotta stop these  morons before they cost Saints monay in fines. Hopefully the courts will deal with them swiftly on Monday morning (and hopefully they get to spend all weekend in the police cells) and as well as fining them, they recieve long football banning orders.

And if you think I am "turning on Saints fans" you are wrong because if they really cared about Saints they would not behave like this at matches.

There comes a time when  this  idiot shite has to stop and that time is NOW!!!!!

Saints played well, and took sucker punches. Can't blame the goalie....in the same way we could blame McManus for getting sent off in the first place? And all that then follows.... Conjecture is too easy.

St Johnstone are still NOT a big team. We exist in the top division with inflated expectations on the back of Rangers being demoted, which allowed us in for our first Euro berth, last year was on merit within the same vacumn.....

people get real. We make Semis, we are a provincial team. We are doing just great. And yes, it would be good to one day get the rub of the green at that cruicial moment in a cup................the same rub of the green we got to get into Europe last year and the year before.

really...... did you really believe we would be in the final?????????? I doubt people truely believed.

We%20are%20still%20proud%20shirts.JPG

Who played well like? we can blame the goalie his closing down was like watching a old woman collect her pension. His positioning was shocking, as soon as he came off his line it was like he forgot where the goal was!

We all know were not a big team or expecting to win anything , but its just so gutting that they didnt even put a shift in, specially after the Motherwell game we ****ed this game worse than that game.

Aberdeen barely even turned up but yet knock 4 past us like they were playing schoolboys.

The tactics were awful, the team selection was awful, an a small section of the our support were a ****ing disgrace to the club.

Aww an to the young **** that thinks hes a hard man for slapping the guy with his family in front of me for asking the police if him an his family could be moved because the behaviour of these 'fans' were terrifiying there children if I see you outside the ground I will give you the kicking of your lil scummy life, even worse than your dad beats you.

The behaviour of the Dons fans has nothing to do with St.Johnstone. Please don't try to justify appaling behaviour by so called Saints fans just because the other teams fans were shitebags. That is utter whataboutery.

The facts are very clear.. Someone thought it was hard/ clever/ cool to chuck a fecking seat into the goalmouth occupied by OUR keeper. It would have been bad enough if Langfield had been at that end at the time but the fact that it was Banks beggars belief.. There is and can, be NO JUSTIFICATION for shite like this. Then we have the two fuds who run onto the pitch. Now I have been reliably informed that niether are die hard Saints fans but someone has gotta stop these morons before they cost Saints monay in fines. Hopefully the courts will deal with them swiftly on Monday morning (and hopefully they get to spend all weekend in the police cells) and as well as fining them, they recieve long football banning orders.

And if you think I am "turning on Saints fans" you are wrong because if they really cared about Saints they would not behave like this at matches.

There comes a time when this idiot shite has to stop and that time is NOW!!!!!

Absolutely no arguments with that. It is extremely important to separate these incidents from our fan base. The problem we have is Perth is full of throbbers and it gives them a platform to perform on. I believe that these people are not and do not clasify themselves as Saints fans. I sincerely hope this is the case.

Why are saints fans so keen to turn on their own fans when some aberdeen fans acted like complete knobs today

Some, id say most of the Aberdeen fans who were in the front 3 rows of their stands acted like "old firm fans" all day

First time on the touch line i've heard racist comments towards Nigel, lots of food been thrown on the pitch especially at our corners in the first half and after each of their goal.

You can add the Main stand incident with Lennon to the list.

I thought Aberdeen fans were better than that.

Absolutely no arguments with that. It is extremely important to separate these incidents from our fan base. The problem we have is Perth is full of throbbers and it gives them a platform to perform on. I believe that these people are not and do not clasify themselves as Saints fans. I sincerely hope this is the case.

The seat thrower name has been given to me by THREE seperate people aand if this is true then he is indeed  a Saints fan.. To be fair to him, rather than name him I have given him the chance to deny it in a private message on FB..

as of yet he has failed to respond....

Some, id say most of the Aberdeen fans who were in the front 3 rows of their stands acted like "old firm fans" all day

First time on the touch line i've heard racist comments towards Nigel, lots of food been thrown on the pitch especially at our corners in the first half and after each of their goal.

You can add the Main stand incident with Lennon to the list.

I thought Aberdeen fans were better than that.

And we were better than them?!?

Throwing chair at your own goalkeeper! Fighting amongst themselves!

The 2 fuds going on the pitch!

The wee fanny in front of me that slapped a man with his family and just about got the shit kicked out of him!

Saints fans threw plenty of food.

langfield an mcginn were spat on numerous times when collecting the ball from behind the goal!

That fanny who thot he was hard trying to get into the sheep end when they scored there 3rd goal.

Was an absolute disgrace never been so embarassed to be a saints supporter.

The seat thrower name has been given to me by THREE seperate people aand if this is true then he is indeed a Saints fan.. To be fair to him, rather than name him I have given him the chance to deny it in a private message on FB..

as of yet he has failed to respond....

If it is, report him to the club. He could have cost us a goal or injured one of our players. We don't need folk like that at our games.