Saints V Aberdeen. Slc Semi-Final. Sat 1St Feb.

The ghost of Jim Morton

Best bit of today was the 2 dons fans being huckled by Saints fans, when they celebrated their first goal - sitting in the Saints section of the Main Stand.

Stewards and Police saved them, then chucked them out

Yes that was amusing, but the two who were allowed to stay after celebration of the second goal was shocking. Also the spare seats in that area was bad, folk struggled to get tickets late on, myself included, only managed to get tickets after a dons fan who had got and adult and child tickets for our section thought better of sitting in our section so sold them through Facebook.

Our seats in that part of the main stand were total shi*te but fair play to our boys they sang and drowned out the constant, stand free gash. Onwards to Forfar. Bad day at the office all round,

Best thing about the day was the banter in the Pol beforehand...Quick summary: Didn't think we deserved to lose by 4 goals but to give Aberdeen credit, they took their chances and we didn't, end of. Too many silly mistakes made which simply cost us, guess that' football. On a side note I had a delicious pizza hut to cheer me up and am now tucked up in bed when I should be out celebrating with the Perth saintees, ach well there's still the Scottish Cup eh....night all!

Ps, i rather dislike Dons fans.

Edited by R_mac

Yes that was amusing, but the two who were allowed to stay after celebration of the second goal was shocking. Also the spare seats in that area was bad, folk struggled to get tickets late on, myself included, only managed to get tickets after a dons fan who had got and adult and child tickets for our section thought better of sitting in our section so sold them through Facebook.

Our seats in that part of the main stand were total shi*te but fair play to our boys they sang and drowned out the constant, stand free gash. Onwards to Forfar. Bad day at the office all round,

I don't think they can use all the seats in that section as some of them are behind the Roseburn stand. its a bit like Dens where the new stands are in front of the Main stand and closer to the pitch.

Banks reminds me of Alan Main when we first were promoted. A once decent keeper whose agility isn't good enough for this level. The first three goals were all partly his fault. 

Gary McDonald is a dreadful footballer who offers nothing. Why is he undroppable in the eyes of Tommy? Great decision to offer him a new contract.

I was purely employing the pointy stick of mockery. I'm shit at it as you know.

I saw him signalling to the bench too - are you sure he was injured - I thought he had a problem with his boot?

I think he was looking for tape for his shinguards, DOnt think he was injured. If he had been injured he would have gone down,

I don't think they can use all the seats in that section as some of them are behind the Roseburn stand. its a bit like Dens where the new stands are in front of the Main stand and closer to the pitch.

We'll the could of put (from what I've been reading on here ) the ones who were being fan*#s and gave their seats to me and the other folk in the main stand with a sh*t view! cos let's be honest these guys ain't there to watch the game anyway,

A Rosenburg performance please. Pressing from the off, frustrate Aberdeen and have their fans on their back. Also hoping that this McInnes team puts in the same insipid performance that I witnessed in a previous semifinal, which still pains me to this day.

Underdogs, siege mentality, lost muzz, lost our keeper, out numbered but not out-sung. COYS dig in for the next chapter of the mighty Perth saints.

So I wished away the last week for that!

There is a reason we haven't scored against Aberdeen for an age, we keep playing the same way and expecting a different result (definition of madness I reckon). What's the point of lumping the ball up towards the man mountain Aberdeen back four. Willow Flood was very effective at protecting his defence and shows what a defensive midfielder should be doing.

O'Halloran looked decent and very direct

As much as it pains me to say it I think its time to give Miller a run of games at RB

Croft was decent today

Cregg and Dunne in for Millar and McDonald next week please

I think he was looking for tape for his shinguards, DOnt think he was injured. If he had been injured he would have gone down,

Yeah,like the rest his team did ,pretending they had a head injury to stop the game when they were under pressure. Also Langfields time wasting at goal kicks.

With the 4 teams remaining I went to tynecastle with high hopes that the long wait for a trophy was on its way.

we all know that it was a great opportunity and thats why we're all sick.

but the players will be feeling it too.

the team is getting way too much stick on here. I honestly believe that we were beaten by a gust of wind today. Nothing banks could have done tho only ando knows why he left it.

croft gave the ball away in a good position and the pace of hayes n pawlett punished us.

as for general play to go in 2 down was daylight robbery.

2nd half tw brought iwelumo on to change things n chasing the game we were always susceptible to the dons breaks.

not sure if our fans wanted us to play for damage limitation but im glad we went for it.

I notice folk moaning our front 4 was suicidal, I also noticed that the same front 4 were in most folks line up predictions.

Things could have been different if robson got red or1 of our 2 woodwork efforts had went in.

Yes there were individual errors but to say the players lacked effort is complete bollocks

Not getting involved with minority of so called fans who were out of order but as for the majority....wonder how the players felt when they looked up at the fulltime whistle to see the roseburn half empty?

Yeah the result was poor and the rain was pelting down but is it really hard to stay to th3 end an show your appreciation for your team who took us to a semi final?

You never know it could be the difference between a player signing on again. Looked like ibrox at half4 when the 4th went in.

would they all have stayed if it went to extra time?

support your team through the good times AND the bad

Not getting involved with minority of so called fans who were out of order but as for the majority....wonder how the players felt when they looked up at the fulltime whistle to see the roseburn half empty?

Yeah the result was poor and the rain was pelting down but is it really hard to stay to th3 end an show your appreciation for your team who took us to a semi final?

You never know it could be the difference between a player signing on again. Looked like ibrox at half4 when the 4th went in.

would they all have stayed if it went to extra time?

support your team through the good times AND the bad

Saintee some of us go to every game home and away and never leave games before the end, Today I was in the bottom half of the stand and was getting absolutely drenched and with a 78 year old father also at the game who had to stand all the match, we took the decision to leave 5 minutes before the end. The fact that we did so does not make us any less fans than those that stayed until the end.

If you did stay well done, maybe you were in a better seat and are younger and fitter than some of our fans. Does that make you a better fn sorry no it doesn't.

Saintee some of us go to every game home and away and never leave games before the end, Today I was in the bottom half of the stand and was getting absolutely drenched and with a 78 year old father also at the game who had to stand all the match, we took the decision to leave 5 minutes before the end. The fact that we did so does not make us any less fans than those that stayed until the end.

If you did stay well done, maybe you were in a better seat and are younger and fitter than some of our fans. Does that make you a better fn sorry no it doesn't.

We left 5 minutes from the end as well, purely for selfish reasons and because we were getting soaked.  We wanted to get on a train that was not populated with jubilant Dons fans. If that makes me any less of a "Fan" then so be it.  I will get over it. :wink:

I was sitting next to a n old dude who was soaked in the bottom section an felt for him when he left a few mins before the end I was talking about the majority

And we were better than them?!?

Throwing chair at your own goalkeeper! Fighting amongst themselves!

The 2 fuds going on the pitch!

The wee fanny in front of me that slapped a man with his family and just about got the shit kicked out of him!

Saints fans threw plenty of food.

langfield an mcginn were spat on numerous times when collecting the ball from behind the goal!

That fanny who thot he was hard trying to get into the sheep end when they scored there 3rd goal.

Was an absolute disgrace never been so embarassed to be a saints supporter.

Well said.

Sadly there are a number of members of this forum who encourage this sort of crap by trying to justify it at every turn.  We're all passionate about our club, that doesn't justify any of the sort of nonsense we saw today.  The club doesn't need it and other fans don't need it.   And while it's easy to always point fingers at youngsters, there are plenty adults who need to take a long hard look at themselves.  They are an embarrassment!  There's not much point in pursuing the line that we're a friendly, well run family club if the standard of behaviour is such that you wouldn't want to take your family.  Name and shame.  I suspect the club neither needs them nor wants them.

Edited by Greylag

I don't give a shit about the result today you sad whinging twats.Thats what supportingsaints is all about. Roll on next Saturday.COYS

Strange reaction from a supporter off a sport team not to !! Give a shit about the result today !! Speaking for myself I was gutted with the result as I am sure a lot of fellow saintees were, if the result had have been reversed I would have been ecstatic that is what following saints is about .

Definitely not deserving off being called called whinging twats.

I've never left a football match early. Yesterday I was tempted. The boy was soaked and shivering, and everyone around us had gone. I asked if he was ok.

He said 'I'm fine, but why are people leaving, it's not finished yet?'

I don't blame anyone in the bottom half of the Roseburn stand for leaving early though. Especially if they got a soaking before the game too like us. I've been to some dour places to watch football in all weathers, but I've never been as cold and wet as yesterday. I didn't have a say in the matter yesterday though :) :)

Edited by montrosesaintee