Pro Youth Team Not Paying Fees To Youth Teams.

Real Madrid

My lad age 13 plays pro youth and never been a problem from his club allowing him to play school football and a few of the guys in his school team are at Hearts, Hibs  and one lad plays for Saints and they all play, most clubs seem quite happy as long as it doesnt happen at the same time as their games or training etc.

Hearts and Hibs though tend to get them in/out very quick,  this sometimes doesnt give them long enough before they release them, which can knock a kids confidence, other clubs give them longer, as obviously at these ages kids are going to be up and down in performances/growth etc.

In my experience the boys club were very awkward about releasing the lad, took over 3 weeks of bickering between pro club and boys club, heard this is often the case, in the end should be what the kid wants to do and everyone should give their advice and then respect the kids wishes, I let my lad make his own mind, no point trying to make him do something is he is not happy with, should be  about enjoyment first and foremost.

Hear that Hutchie are looking to go pro youth next season

I would be surprised if Hutchie can as they are not members of the SPFL or the professional ranks within the SFA.

I don;t have much time for them myself and know players that were with them and got very little for the amount of money they were being asked to pay.

• 1 month later...

The best boys clubs in Scotland are still a wee bit behind the pro youth teams obviously but these teams still have real quality in them . Watch the latter stages of the Scottish cup or the SYCL that Milngavie host and there are players to be found , like young Josh Milne (and a few others) who Saints picked up from Dyce this season .

All is not lost if you're not signed for a pro team by u14-15 level .

Was shocked to come across my name in this topic when I was looking through google. Thank you for the kind words.

Life at Saints is great. Our team has gone from strength to strength after finding our feet (signed 10 new players in the summer, 3 Dyce, 5 Hutchie and 2 Gow Valley.) I have always felt looked after at Saints and receive the best treatment. Saints was not my only offer, however I can only say that I feel I made the right choice. Aberdeen did come knocking 3 years running but they were without luck. Overall the treatment at St J is far superior to how I was treated at Aberdeen when trialling. Up until recently, I trained with the Under 20's twice a week (stopped due to upcoming exams) and I was ALWAYS well looked after, having nice digs, ensuring I fitted in and that I was comfortable and happy. Currently, I train once a week in Perth, travelling by train down and back on Tuesday/Wednesday (paid for by Saints) and each session is different, useful and educational.

The pro-youth set up at Saints is getting there and Saints are definitely one of the top clubs in Scotland for man-management and treatment of their kids. Saints also dealt with Dyce very well when signing me and played by Dyce's rules. Although I don't think Dyce ever received £10 for me, I'm sure they do not feel mis-treated or harshly done by, as Saints always followed the correct protocol and dealt with things the correct way.

Apologies for straying off-topic but just thought I'd share my thoughts.

Sincerely,

Josh Milne - SJFC U15 striker

Tranmere Saintee, as his Mum, I know where you come from, he never has needed sleep at night, he doesn't struggle to get up, and today, he got plenty sleep in the car in our 5+ hour return journey to Inverness, we were just intrigued to find his name being mentioned on the thread. I am unsure if any fees were ever paid to Dyce, they will certainly accept any money should Josh ever make it though, there are no guarantees in life! The whole physical education, nutrition thing needs looked into in schools, I'm not sure if any child ever receives enough P.E., especially at primary school age, it is a big issue. Saints have let Josh continue play for his school, but do have concerns when injuries crop up, it's a case of trying to find a balance and using common sense, he can be a target for some people unfortunately, and for that reason I try and attend all non Saints games, the traveling to all Saints games is something I just can't do, as a non driver, I rely on a friend for help, and we all know petrol's not cheap!

• 3 weeks later...

My wee lads at Raith Rovers as he was to young for pro youth plays for Jeanfield in the morning,then of to Raith in the afternoon.signs pro youth in summer(old age of 11) for u13 next season

Just like to sayHugh McCann,s team are great with the boys was surprised to see so many young lads from Perth that play for clubs at pro youth level out side Perth

Was shocked to come across my name in this topic when I was looking through google. Thank you for the kind words.

Life at Saints is great. Our team has gone from strength to strength after finding our feet (signed 10 new players in the summer, 3 Dyce, 5 Hutchie and 2 Gow Valley.) I have always felt looked after at Saints and receive the best treatment. Saints was not my only offer, however I can only say that I feel I made the right choice. Aberdeen did come knocking 3 years running but they were without luck. Overall the treatment at St J is far superior to how I was treated at Aberdeen when trialling. Up until recently, I trained with the Under 20's twice a week (stopped due to upcoming exams) and I was ALWAYS well looked after, having nice digs, ensuring I fitted in and that I was comfortable and happy. Currently, I train once a week in Perth, travelling by train down and back on Tuesday/Wednesday (paid for by Saints) and each session is different, useful and educational.

The pro-youth set up at Saints is getting there and Saints are definitely one of the top clubs in Scotland for man-management and treatment of their kids. Saints also dealt with Dyce very well when signing me and played by Dyce's rules. Although I don't think Dyce ever received £10 for me, I'm sure they do not feel mis-treated or harshly done by, as Saints always followed the correct protocol and dealt with things the correct way.

Apologies for straying off-topic but just thought I'd share my thoughts.

Sincerely,

Josh Milne - SJFC U15 striker

Good to hear you're enjoying your time at Saints Josh . I mentioned your name as an example of the good footballing talent that is still available at u14 and u15 age level and that all is not lost if you haven't been signed by a pro team by then . Having previously seen Dyce , Hutchie Vale and Gow Valley play at your age level i have no doubts that the Saints u15s will be full of quality players , hopefully you all progress the way Saints hope and we see you in the first team in a few years . Stick in and learn as much as you can to compliment your natural talent and i'm sure you can have a good future in football . Think i might go up and watch an u15 game or two , seems like they're going in the right direction .

• 2 weeks later...

The U15s season is now over, all be it for friendlies, Josh was invited to trial for Afc at U10, so happy it never worked out, he chose to turn them down at U13, U14 & U15, along with my backing (his Mum ) He didn't like their pro-youth set up,he also trialled with another pro club, and living in Aberdeen was the negative factor in that case and, although his season has been blighted by injury, we would still make the same choices all over again!

• 3 weeks later...

Good to hear you're enjoying your time at Saints Josh . I mentioned your name as an example of the good footballing talent that is still available at u14 and u15 age level and that all is not lost if you haven't been signed by a pro team by then . Having previously seen Dyce , Hutchie Vale and Gow Valley play at your age level i have no doubts that the Saints u15s will be full of quality players , hopefully you all progress the way Saints hope and we see you in the first team in a few years . Stick in and learn as much as you can to compliment your natural talent and i'm sure you can have a good future in football . Think i might go up and watch an u15 game or two , seems like they're going in the right direction .

Andy the U15's are to have a game sometime next week at Mcdiarmid, playing on the pitch I believe, opposition unknown at the moment, game was supposed to be Saturday but was cancelled? Don't know why! As Josh has had exams, he hasn't been to training for a few weeks, if you would like to know about the game, let me know and I will update you, would be nice to have an different set of eyes watching, team is not what it started off as, next few weeks will be interesting to see who makes the big step up, no guarantee's in life, as long as he plays with a smile, I'll be happy, what will be will be :)

• 2 weeks later...

Right folks, just want to say all the best for the Saints for the future, I was so happy for you all on Saturday, Champion's !! :) Unfortunately for us, Josh has chosen to leave St Johnstone, after a period of uncertainty, and where it looks like the face didn't fit, we have bowed out with dignity, many thanks peeps, and all the best for the Saints for the future #COYS :)

Thanks folks, what will be will be, as long as he's happy, all he wants to do is play football, a lot of fingers in a lot of pies at the moment, new beginnings :)

New beginnings my wee lad was at saints ,last year moved to Raith Rovers and loving it as you say new beginnings will watch him no matter what level he ends up

Got confirmed yesterday that my lad is 'signing' for Hibs next season......pishy Championship side ;)

What age group

All change at Rovers Shay now plays for Fife Academy(fife teams joining together) for elite league at u13.u14up have elite /development teams for next season

Training 3 times a week game on a Sunday have to admire wee mans commitment

What age group

All change at Rovers Shay now plays for Fife Academy(fife teams joining together) for elite league at u13.u14up have elite /development teams for next season

Only just turned 10, so at the start of the journey

What age group

Bear how does the new system work. They did the same in Forth Valley with Falkirk and Stenhousemuir nver quite worked out what happens to te boys when they reach the pro age, Do  the teams have to buy them form the Academy or how does it work?

Now just a question based on the opening topic that boys clubs are due a nominal fee, Did any one who's kids went pro youth tell their Boys Club they would be due money?

Mark what is the latest on this, We have had a number of players move on and never received a penny,

There are 2 things you can do, You can send the club who has taken the player a bill for the amount. Or contact the SFA and they can do it on your behalf

In regards to the Regional Development and how it works when they are of age to sign pro drop me a DM and ill explain