Stewards And Police Today

THE LARK SAINT

I've recently become a bit concerned that you're beginning to use more than one word in your posts. Just stick with 'braw', please, as that was probably the most insightful and intelligible you have ever been (and will ever be).

were you bullied at school?

maybe called a mongo (it is offensive)

Braw insightfulness

I've had it with these tits since the Rosenbourg game when the Club & tannoy announcer implored fans to stay off the pitch for fear of a UEFA fine and it was blatantly ignored. I love banter & patter at the Football but this so-called "Young Team" are just hooligans and an embarrassment to the club.

And 7000 odd fans did stay off the pitch! Two idiots (probably not even attended a saints game before) spoilt it for the rest of us. Wasn't at the game today but feel the 'same crew' are getting blamed for everything. Yes.....actually i can't even be arsed replying, it's 2:30am and it's way past my bed time. Stop arguing over the same old shite. Every one of us has probably been 'an embarrassment to the club' before including myself.

What truth? That it's acceptable for young fannies to behave like Tesco Value 'hooligans' because he did the same thing in 1926?

For someone who studied English you cannae read, can you ? Where did i say i did these things ?

SAINTS fans did these things and many more besides. Like it or not it is fact that this has happened before and will happen again and no amount of moaning will stop it.

No doubt you will reply with a smarmy post showing your intellectual superiority, as i've said before we've seen it all before and will see it all again with wee fannies .

Edited by andy rhodes fancy watch

Ain't wishing to appear to be any angel or do-gooder, but I appear to have missed out on the "Action" when I was young.

Went to Muirton Park in my youth to watch the game.

I suppose it's the way people are brought up and the ability to realise what's right and what's wrong.

Not rocket science is it?

Same here Hoodlum.  When I went to Muirton it was to watch the game.  Yeah as a teenager I joined the choir in the enclosure and sang the songs, but my main priority was still the fitba.

For someone who studied English you cannae read, can you ? Where did i say i did these things ?

SAINTS fans did these things and many more besides. Like it or not it is fact that this has happened before and will happen again and no amount of moaning will stop it.

No doubt you will reply with a smarmy post showing your intellectual superiority, as i've said before we've seen it all before and will see it all again with wee fannies .

I think you are right that Saints fans, like all other groups of fans, will always include wee fannies. As you suggest, this is just how Britain is.

Where our opinions differ is that you think that this means it is ok to allow today's wee fannies a free reign on that basis. Times have changed, health and safety etc has seen a lot more financial liability for clubs, stricter league and FA rules means more risk to clubs, ease of access to things like smoke bombs potentially means more risk to fans. It isn't the same as it used to be, basically a different sport.

They should be being warned/sanctioned/banned for the things they are doing, although not purely for being wee fannies if they do none of the other stuff. That said, they are total fannies.

If you take the Pyro out of the equation  i thought  the Stewards and Police were a bit heavy handed today,Surrounded the group behind the goal like they were Chelsea head hunters,.Looked to be horsing  folk out for next to nothing.30 Years ago we all got together on the terraces  and sung our hearts out, most of us were steaming, so like i said Minus the Pyro, Why so heavy handed!?

You cannot take the smoke bomb nor the fireworks out the equation, these so called fans are just total Ned's who have now probably got Saints in trouble with the SFA and police!

the club and police scotland need to weed out the rougue element and hand them all fbo's (football banning orders) 

They are not only damaging the reputation of the club, but Scottish footbal as a whole!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by the mad referee

This shit happened 25 years ago and will happen 25 years from now . Old/sensible/do gooder types will moan like you all are now . It's the cycle of life , shit happens , boys will be boys .

When i was young at the football Saints fans fought with the police , spraypainted opposing teams plastic pitch , threw fireworks at opposing fans , put people through shop windows for ****s sake !

Only difference now is every man and his dog sees it on the internet and gets to put his/her view on forums like this.

One of the best posts I've ever seen in the forum

The second half banger/firework was pretty ferocious. Sent shock waves through my body. Also someone had to get medical attention afterwards. The officers who came to the legion beforehand were amazing. Saying hi and asking how everyone was as they walked in and asked us to move our bus. Very refreshing to see them be talkative and approachable. The stewards at the.ground were rightly surrounding the area where all the trouble was, but didn't provoke anyone. The police who were watching this area were chatting to saints fans, and having a laugh. I did hear two seperate guys apologise to the police for our fans behaviour.

Suppose it's all subjective, and depends on your own experiences on the day.

Edited by bigstu

And 7000 odd fans did stay off the pitch! Two idiots (probably not even attended a saints game before) spoilt it for the rest of us. Wasn't at the game today but feel the 'same crew' are getting blamed for everything. Yes.....actually i can't even be arsed replying, it's 2:30am and it's way past my bed time. Stop arguing over the same old shite. Every one of us has probably been 'an embarrassment to the club' before including myself.

That's where you're wrong. 98% of Saints fans go to watch the football & support our team. Not act like pretend hooligans, spitting, vandalising & stealing from people.

I & the majority of Saints have never been "an embarrassment to the club" because we are football supporters not hooligans.

As I say, patter & banter is great but this "young team" are constantly embarrassing the club and our reputation.

Edited by That Bar Toilet Attendant

It doesn't matter whether it was you or other Saints supporters. Your original point was irrelevant. The fact that unacceptable behaviour took place in the past doesn't make it any more acceptable when it happens today.

I don't recall ever claiming to be intellectually superior to anyone on here but, if you believe that to be the case, thank you.