Stewards And Police Today

THE LARK SAINT

If this is true, then rather than the disdainful tone with which you meant it, it makes him a slightly more amiable chap than the rest of the scum. No comment on intelligence

Wasn't meant to be disdainful Jiangsu, more sympathetic.  Just as I'm not sure it makes Dylan more "amiable" - "pitiful" would be a better description.  My point is Dylan gets more stick than the rest of the young team because he mouths off on here.  He is clearly a very immature laddie, hence his posts about "we're no coming to the next game" and "Stop picking on me I'm just a wee 18-year-old".  The others clearly take advantage of his immaturity/gullibility and are having a good laugh at the laddie behind his back, while letting him take most of the stick.

That was back in the day when things like that were acceptable,  but i think you'll agree that in this day & age it is not acceptable 

Playing devils advocate, but it was OK for your generation to run around bashing people and lighting fireworks, but it's not OK for the modern youth to light smoke bombs?

I'm pretty sure you're on a wind up, but if not, the hypocrisy is laughable.

Or you could look at he leaves when the nonsense starts because he doesn't want involved in the nonsense. Then someone is slagging him off because of that...

Wasn't meant to be disdainful Jiangsu, more sympathetic.  Just as I'm not sure it makes Dylan more "amiable" - "pitiful" would be a better description.  My point is Dylan gets more stick than the rest of the young team because he mouths off on here.  He is clearly a very immature laddie, hence his posts about "we're no coming to the next game" and "Stop picking on me I'm just a wee 18-year-old".  The others clearly take advantage of his immaturity/gullibility and are having a good laugh at the laddie behind his back, while letting him take most of the stick.

amiable was indeed a poor choice of words, I just mean more or less what Seany said that we shouldn't simultaneously slag a group for causing trouble then slag one for running away from it.

I have no doubt he's just their wee mug, but they are a bunch of mugs themselves anyway.

I agree with slf we are approaching mountain proportions, and with Athens that all this would be sorted if Larky would just batter the 2 or 3 wee pikeys that actually need it.

I also agree with noose that mad ref is on the wind-up, but don't get what part of "changed times" he can't compute. If you understand the concept of devil's advocate (probably learned it off talksport), why don't you understand that things are entirely unlike the way they were before

I also agree with noose that mad ref is on the wind-up, but don't get what part of "changed times" he can't compute. If you understand the concept of devil's advocate (probably learned it off talksport), why don't you understand that things are entirely unlike the way they were before

The majority of SPL clubs have a young team running around causing it and letting off smoke bombs, so that tells me that the "ultra" style of support has become the modern day casuals. It's not 1 set of fans letting down their club, it's a craze that's sweeping the country. So my point is, you can try and justify years gone by and talk about how the times were different, well these are the times and this is what kids are doing now. 

I'm sure the older generation in the 70's-80's looked upon the youth  in much the same way the current auld yins do.

Playing devils advocate, but it was OK for your generation to run around bashing people and lighting fireworks, but it's not OK for the modern youth to light smoke bombs?

I'm pretty sure you're on a wind up, but if not, the hypocrisy is laughable.

So racism is still fine then? It was acceptable back then so presumably fine now by your logic?

Oh and for those that seem to think flares are fine try telling that to the family of Bolivian boy that died last year because of one. I'm sure his family will take solace in the fact that there was a better atmosphere at the game. Now it may have been an unfortunate accident and uncommon but there is no reason to even contemplate taking anything into a ground that has the potential to cause serious injury or death.

Things HAVE evolved compared tae thirty years ago.as far as pyro is concerned anyway.! I remember walking down Melville street after a dundee game when the "Young Team " of their day opened fire with replica pistols on the dundee fans.! these things looked and sounded like the real deal. One polis van arrived after several minutes and lifted one guy fae the Corinna who got fined a fiver on the monday for Breach of the Peace.! Could ye imagine what the police response would be nowadays.!p.s. He got banned from travelling on his away game bus the "Wine Chariot" for one game. for getting caught.!

was this 'wine chariot ' a van by any chance?

So racism is still fine then? It was acceptable back then so presumably fine now by your logic?

Oh and for those that seem to think flares are fine try telling that to the family of Bolivian boy that died last year because of one. I'm sure his family will take solace in the fact that there was a better atmosphere at the game. Now it may have been an unfortunate accident and uncommon but there is no reason to even contemplate taking anything into a ground that has the potential to cause serious injury or death.

What the **** are you talking about? Where did you pluck racism from? Have you even read this thread?

I'm not saying anything is acceptable, I'm pointing out that many of our older fans got up to far worse in the old days, yet they're quick to criticise comparably minor offences that have went on this season.

The pyro argument is done to death and everyone agrees it needs knocked on the head, BUT to compare a smoke bomb to a warning flare like they use in Bolivia is ridiculous and anyone with 2 brain cells can see that.

What the **** are you talking about? Where did you pluck racism from? Have you even read this thread?

I'm not saying anything is acceptable, I'm pointing out that many of our older fans got up to far worse in the old days, yet they're quick to criticise comparably minor offences that have went on this season.

The pyro argument is done to death and everyone agrees it needs knocked on the head, BUT to compare a smoke bomb to a warning flare like they use in Bolivia is ridiculous and anyone with 2 brain cells can see that.

you gotta allow for the fact odab is a dufc fan although a well meaning one at that !

Edited by slf

It must have been mistaken identify, I'll withdraw my allegations.

I don't think anyone would be classifying you as part of the young team anyway :P

Where to start on this!?If you are who i think you are, then you would know me  by my impeccable  behavior at games, as i sit just behind you! :laugh: I am no angel, Christ most mates would tell you that, and i have had my moments when i was younger.Cabby Bar,Falkirk Station, and Queen of the South "Crash Helmet Gate"   but ill let others like SLF tell that story if they want to.But through all that i have never been arrested or had a banning order  or even as much as a ticking off, even after i knocked a coppers helmet straight off his head at Berwick.So your comments really hurt :wink:

Edited by THE LARK SAINT

Your argument is that it happened in the past and so people can't complain or ask for change now. The same is true of racism. The past acceptance of racism is completely irrelevant to what is acceptable and what is expected now. The actions of some Saints fans this season have been unacceptable and gone well beyond banter or boys misbehaving. It is damaging Saints reputation and it is impacting on other Saints fans as others have pointed out. What happend 30 years ago has zero relevance to this arguement. 

And regards the "pyro" that Bolivian example is the extreme. But if you think that the morons doing this have any understanding of the devices they are using then you are kidding yourself. One idiot let of a firework in a pub ahead of United Aberdeen match on New Years day. It won't be long til somebody does end up hurt or worse.

Your argument is that it happened in the past and so people can't complain or ask for change now. The same is true of racism. The past acceptance of racism is completely irrelevant to what is acceptable and what is expected now. The actions of some Saints fans this season have been unacceptable and gone well beyond banter or boys misbehaving. It is damaging Saints reputation and it is impacting on other Saints fans as others have pointed out. What happend 30 years ago has zero relevance to this arguement. 

And regards the "pyro" that Bolivian example is the extreme. But if you think that the morons doing this have any understanding of the devices they are using then you are kidding yourself. One idiot let of a firework in a pub ahead of United Aberdeen match on New Years day. It won't be long til somebody does end up hurt or worse.

So using your argument Dylan and the young team are the KKK or Nazi's?

Get a grip mate. If you cant put up an argument without equating the other side to being racist (and before you say anything you brought it up) then wait till you have a point that makes sense.

So using your argument Dylan and the young team are the KKK or Nazi's?

Get a grip mate. If you cant put up an argument without equating the other side to being racist (and before you say anything you brought it up) then wait till you have a point that makes sense.

Dear god, do you want me to draw you a diagram? Where, anywhere at all have I called anybody racist? The point I made is to say that people can't complain about this mob or want change because they come from a generation that had real hooligans in it, is equivilant to saying that anybody over 40 can't complain about racism as they came from a generation that was much more racist. People move on and what society deemed acceptable or normal in the past is completely irrelevant to what people think and want now. They do say that the longer an arguement  goes on the more chance Hitler or the Nazis will be brought up. You seem to have jumped about 10 steps to get there.