Bristol City

fazman1977

Can anyone explain to me how these work? What do they mean by the seat locking in?
I bloody love the idea and have enjoyed my times in Bundesliga stadiums, albeit in simple terraces.

I guess these offer no protection to people who want to sit but the person in front is standing? Of course they don't need to as such people can buy seats elsewhere

I think what it means is the section with the "terraced seats" is either all-seating or all standing.

The German ones lock down to seats for European games to comply with their all-seater requirements.

Can anyone explain to me how these work? What do they mean by the seat locking in?
I bloody love the idea and have enjoyed my times in Bundesliga stadiums, albeit in simple terraces.

I guess these offer no protection to people who want to sit but the person in front is standing? Of course they don't need to as such people can buy seats elsewhere

Before a game the home club decide for each section whether its seats up or down in each section so say in the "Yellow end" of the East stand the seats could be put up for most games. Your ticket is still for that seat/area and everyone in that section stands. If you want a seat you go else where but those in seated areas also then tend to stay seated so everyone is happy. A bit of extra work for the ground staff at some games.