Good Luck Psj

Davey

Barnsley 1 - 1 Psj

Psj win on penalties (4-3)

Just returned from a thoroughly entertaining game played in very windy and rainy conditions -

First half Saints dominated, even although playing against a very strong wind but failed to score - the Barnsley captain "Johno" was injured after about 10 minutes and had to go to hospital at half-time with a suspected chipped ankle.

In the second half Barnsley scored on the break after a Saints corner but within about 5 minutes Saints scored an equaliser. Saints then started to look a little bit tired even though they were playing with the wind but were the far more creative side but Barnsley were very well organised and defended resolutely.

At full time with the score still 1 -1 the game went to penalties which got off to a nail biting start with Saints having the first penalty saved however they missed none after that and ran out 4 - 3 winners (all penalties from both sides were on target).

I was pleasantly surprised at the good standard of football from both sides - but I think Saints just edged it and go on to the next round :-)....................

Attendance 2 (100% St Johnstone :-)

Edited by 55saint

Barnsley 1 - 1 Psj

Psj win on penalties (4-3)

Just returned from a thoroughly entertaining game played in very windy and rainy conditions -

First half Saints dominated, even although playing against a very strong wind but failed to score - the Barnsley captain "Johno" was injured after about 10 minutes and had to go to hospital at half-time with a suspected chipped ankle.

In the second half Barnsley scored on the break after a Saints corner but within about 5 minutes Saints scored an equaliser. Saints then started to look a little bit tired even though they were playing with the wind but were the far more creative side but Barnsley were very well organised and defended resolutely.

At full time with the score still 1 -1 the game went to penalties which got off to a nail biting start with Saints having the first penalty saved however they missed none after that and ran out 4 - 3 winners (all penalties from both sides were on target).

I was pleasantly surprised at the good standard of football from both sides - but I think Saints just edged it and go on to the next round :-)....................

Attendance 2 (100% St Johnstone :-)

Cheers 55saint

Pleased to be through to the next round after playing in difficult conditions but it was deserved.

Thanks for the messages.

Also, thanks to the two supporters who stayed the whole game in the freezing conditions and gave us words of encouragement! Speaking on behalf of the team, we really appreciated it.

Pleased to be through to the next round after playing in difficult conditions but it was deserved.

Thanks for the messages.

Also, thanks to the two supporters who stayed the whole game in the freezing conditions and gave us words of encouragement! Speaking on behalf of the team, we really appreciated it.

No problem - it's not often we outnumber the home support! - let's hope the big team can mimic your exploits - you're definitely better on penalties :-)

I stuck a random photo on the Saints Facebook page as I failed to sort out how to do it on here

Onwards and upwards..............

Edited by 55saint