Ibrox Semi-Finals

candalan

If we're going to get into all this nonsense, we may as well not turn up on the day. Of course Ibrox may turn out not to be ideal but would love to see everyone, both club and fans, just focus on the positives and put all energies into supporting and backing the team on the day.

I think back to the Rosenborg away game and there was never the slightest negative from the manager, so the seed was never allowed to plant in the mind of players, fans etc... There were plenty of excuses available (their budget, their season well underway etc...) but Tommy Wright didn't bring it up once, in contrast to Pat Fenlon and Hibs.

If we were to draw Rangers tomorrow and folk spend the next four weeks moaning about how unfair it is, how does that help anyone. I don't like the fact they've already decided on Ibrox as a venue but it's done so surely the best chance of Saints progressing is for everyone to take a really positive outlook, whether it's Rangers or someone else that we draw.

I hope I am not the only one who will boycott our semi at Greyskull. I love the saints but I cannot bring myself to let the cheats get a penny of my hard earned cash, so I will NOT be going.

Comments please!

I'm pretty sure the club who host the game don't get a cut of gate receipts.

They get a fee from the SFA and then the clubs involved evenly split the gate.

Exactly. Whether you go or not won't affect the money THE Rangers get. They will receive a fee for the use of their facility.

I won't go to their hovel, or that of the other arse cheek, on league business, but to not go the Scottish Cup semi for a reason that is flawed would be the proverbial cutting off your nose etc etc

Exactly. Whether you go or not won't affect the money THE Rangers get. They will receive a fee for the use of their facility.

I won't go to their hovel, or that of the other arse cheek, on league business, but to not go the Scottish Cup semi for a reason that is flawed would be the proverbial cutting off your nose etc etc

My stance exactly, Ed. No-one hates The The Sevco cheats more than me, and of course they should not be allowed to play a semi at their own ground, but I will still be there on 12/13 April.

And surely we can take 5,000 to the 'big cup' semi-final?

It's about supporting our team in what will now be the biggest game left in our season. I am sick o the moaning from our fans . We are punching well above our selfs for the size o the club and the numbers we get through the gates . Some need to look at dundee , Dunfermline , to see how lucky we are . The club needs everyone right behind them . Back your team through good and bad , This could be our year .

If, and it's a big IF we get Sevco in the semi, we should be rubbing our hands , not moaning about it or bitching about the fact that the game would be getting played at their home ground. The facts are simple, this decision was take  a while back and  they are lower league opposition so we should have NO FEAR at all about playing them ANYWHERE!!!!

As for money going to Sevco, the  gate monies for both cup ties  are pooled and after expenses, devided equally between the four teams involved.  I hope there are 40,000 plus sevconians. It will be great to get some cash from them.

Now come on, whoever is doing the draw.. Give us what we want.. :wink:

Gents, the The Rangers anomaly has been known about for some time. There are 41 clubs in the SPFL, NONE of them were willing to raise their heads above the parapet and complain about the situation. Only the fans, on many forums, made their feelings clear and they were that there was a great deal of dissatisfaction about the way that the semis were allocated. So early on in the competition and, of course, favouring  the Scottish institution.

In my view there is now nothing to be gained by trying to make points at this stage by boycotting the match, whether it be us or one of the other semi finalists. It will only give them something to crow about - the lack of support.

Something else we need to bear in mind, they may have the word Rangers in their name...they may play at Ibrox, but... they are nothing like the Rangers teams that we had to face in the 80's, 90's and into the 2000's. They are a third teir outfit, they may have some SPL standard players but there's no way we should go into it thinking ooerr! it's The Rangers. WE ARE a premier league team and we would be taking on a 3rd division team. They are the underdogs, we would certainly need to go into the match knowing that it will be a blood and guts cup tie but for a change they will be the ones who are going to have to 'up' their game to live with us... they'll certainly try and do that.

Edited by Indicator

Would rather it be played at a neutral ground as its supposed to be but its going be ibrox whoever we get drawn against tomorrow

can understand people not wanting to go there as its an intimadating place at the best of times

lets hope lady luck shines on us in the draw and we get the winners of ict v arabs or the dons

regardless of who we get lets all make an effort to there

It's not about who raised the issue when it first came up, it's about who raises the issue now. Having the game at a home venue is blatantly not fair and I hope we at least raise our protests if we draw them. Never mind the fact they are cheating by paying players money they don't have, but to then hand them a home advantage is completely unfair.

Sorry OP but that is Shite. Semi split 4 ways and all that helps YOUR team matey, its only my opinion but talks of boycotts are bollocks and can only hurt the team you claim to love. Grow a pair and get there to support them and leave talks of boycotts to Secco.They will have a massive support and we need to get as mmany as we can. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME WE HAD 2 SEMIS IN ONE YEAR.? Get behind the team and out this shite to bed NOW!

Just read the opening post, what a load of bollocks. Could play Rangers in the middle of a Orange lodge sash bash and I'd still be there. Supporting your team is the most important thing.

Maybe for you, but I cannot bring myself to attend that flea bitten s h i t hole of a place, with all its baggage! I only was expressing MY opion, so not necessarily bollocks.

Enjoy your £2 crisps and your poisonous pies.

Edited by candalan