Ibrox Semi-Finals

candalan

I hope I am not the only one who will boycott our semi at Greyskull. I love the saints but I cannot bring myself to let the cheats get a penny of my hard earned cash, so I will NOT be going.

Comments please!

Most dumb witted statement I've seen in a while.

Who gives two shites its at ibrox.

You support your team and not the location of such games. I don't like ibrox or the cheats rangers much but I won't spit the dummy out and take my ball and go home and refuse to go.

My only question to you is did you go to Tynecastle for the semi v Aberdeen??

If so this statement is a bit hypocritical. Hearts are just as bad as rangers for cheating.

Most dumb witted statement I've seen in a while.

Who gives two shites its at ibrox.

You support your team and not the location of such games. I don't like ibrox or the cheats rangers much but I won't spit the dummy out and take my ball and go home and refuse to go.

My only question to you is did you go to Tynecastle for the semi v Aberdeen??

If so this statement is a bit hypocritical. Hearts are just as bad as rangers for cheating.

I dont agree with the o.p, but I think you've got his reasons wrong. Its more the fact that our national cup semi is not getting held at a neutral venud.

the same situation would have arisen if celtic made the semis and the sfa decided to have both semis at parkhead.

I said this on another thread but thd simple answer was to give a bigot brother a semi each

See the scum are starting their pish already. Odds on we get them.

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=266042

Right after reading that, bring it on! Take 50% of the allocation for Ibrox and the advantage is ours. I don't fear the rangers. Aberdeen are the best team left in and even then, I'd like another crack at them in the cup, but given we have never played the rangers it would be good to given them a game.

Struggling to bring myself to read this thread.

If our semi final was to be played in Kabul I'd still expect Saints fans to make an effort. It's the semi final of the Scottish cup.

If we do draw Rangers our players will need all the backing they can get. Plus, we'd be favourites and have a great opportunity of embarrassing them on their own patch.

Edited by Broon

It would be absolutely farcical and unfair to allow Rangers to compete in a semi-final at their home ground. If they get through, their game should be played at Celtic Park regardless of who it is against. The SFA have to protect the integrity of the competition and allowing home advantage to any team is nonsense, regardless of the special circumstances we find ourselves in.

Regardless... I will be there!

It would be absolutely farcical and unfair to allow Rangers to compete in a semi-final at their home ground. If they get through, their game should be played at Celtic Park regardless of who it is against. The SFA have to protect the integrity of the competition and allowing home advantage to any team is nonsense, regardless of the special circumstances we find ourselves in.

Regardless... I will be there!

It would. It would also be so were officialdom to assist either of the two uglies in any way, be that favourable cup draws (surely not!?), refereeing decisions (they are all unbiased), favourable venues (topic at hand) or any other of a hundred ways they are shown favour, ably assisted by the Glasgow media who, in the main, bow and scrape (freeloaders that they are).

It's how it is.

If we draw them and beat them in their own stadium then so much the better for us.

Can't believe some of the rubbish on this thread....

This kind of situation arises in the continent all the time yet nobody bats an eyelid!

My recollection of events was that both cup-finals were awarded to Celtic Park and both cup semi-finals given to Ibrox. Both of them were in the cup at the time they announced it - but everyone knew one of the 2 grounds would get them, so what's the problem?

There are no real alternatives - Murrayfield is out as their pitch makes McD look like a bowling green!

They only way a game will be moved is if a low crowd is expected but even then I can't see it changing.

So let's just get over it, look forward to the draw and get behind the team when the semi-final comes around!!!!!!

There is always the chance of a team having home advantage when decisions are pre-made re venues. It happens for the Champions League final

The have to name those venues years in advance because of the organisation required.

no real need to name the venue for the Scottish cup final before we know who is in the final.

Can't believe some of the rubbish on this thread....

This kind of situation arises in the continent all the time yet nobody bats an eyelid!

My recollection of events was that both cup-finals were awarded to Celtic Park and both cup semi-finals given to Ibrox. Both of them were in the cup at the time they announced it - but everyone knew one of the 2 grounds would get them, so what's the problem?

There are no real alternatives - Murrayfield is out as their pitch makes McD look like a bowling green!

They only way a game will be moved is if a low crowd is expected but even then I can't see it changing.

So let's just get over it, look forward to the draw and get behind the team when the semi-final comes around!!!!!!

The problem is the early announcement. You wait to see who is in the games and then choose a neutral venue. It happens on the continent is not a good excuse when you have two similar sized grounds a couple of miles away from each other. There is no justification for having these games at a non neutral venue.

It should be moved from Ibrox if we play Albion Rovers or Caley. There would be 10k max people and would be stupid to play in such a large stadium.

Yeah it crossed my mind what they would do if Albion beat Sevco and drew us, Imagine it would be hanged to Easter Road (or god forbid Tynecastle *shudder*) 

We should really at least try and get it changed if we draw The Rangers, in the Cup only the luck of a draw should decide who gets home advantage and not the officials, so its a bit off that one of the clubs left in gets that advantage regardless. Theres zero chance they'd move it though

There is every chance that Brazil will be competing in the biggest tournament int he world at their stadium..It is perfectly possible for a team to contest the Champions league final in their own stadium.IF Rangers progress and we draw them no matter where its played they would be like "at home" due to the vast difference in size of support.