Saints Vs Aberdeen Scsf 12/13 April

David123

In a way I suppose that shows how far the club has come - semi-finals aren't thought of as being as big a deal for Saints as they were 10-15 years ago. The European games were our biggies this season and they got the treatment that would usually have been reserved for matches like this one. 

I think one thing people have to remember is that, for bigger matches like this, the increased crowd size is often due to people making the extra effort to come from far and wide to make the game. Not all Saints fans are based in Perth or the central belt. I travel from London for most of the Saints games I go to, and I'm pretty much spent out on traveling to see Saints this season. Having this one so close to the last semi-final, which a lot of people made that extra effort to travel to, will undoubtedly have impacted upon the turn-out for this one. I came up for the last semi and have also made the effort for a few other recent games - but I just can't afford to do it again for a match that's being shown live on TV (and on two channels for some reason).

I have to agree.

I got BF1 near the back today,so it's not sold out,BF2 &3 are I think,and we've still to get BF4 &5,which are nearest the sheep,and they might get the usual away corner if we don't sell out

Would doubt they would get the corner surely they just open one of the top tiers of the stands they are in?

I think the saints support has a hard core of 2000, a seesaw belt that adds about another 4000 and a wishy washy / geography challenged support that could add another 12000. If we made the final I truly believe we'd see around 16,000-18,000 saints on the day.

The last semi saw our hard core plus a good chunk of the seesaw crowd. 'Seesaw' was crushed by that experience so needs a wee fire lit under them again, they may or may not swing back, thats all down to word and mouth and emotion. Live TV will put a dent in this and its Aberdeen who thumped us on the day...so maybe not much to be excited about for the fans who tip a toe in and out of the saints world.

The above statements are alien for real fans, its Scottish Cup semi for christ sakes, get out there and support Perth!!!! 

I said to my son a couple of weeks ago that I felt we would really struggle to sell more or even the same number of tickets as we did for the LC semi. Our semi record is truly abysmal in terms of both results and performances. Feel we need to win this one in front of whoever turns up, get it over with and unlock the "seesaw / wishy washy" support for the final!

R saints only offering b1 just now, assuming b2 n b3 r sold out.

Had to wait til payday tomorrow but I'd rather b4 for a more central view

My mrs got us tickets for b2 on fri but she didnt specify where we wanted to sit

just ask ticket office for b4 tickets

Ticket sales will pick up closer to the date. A lot of fans, myself included, still feel done over by the Aberdeen game and Motherwell before that, also getting the same opponent doesn't necessarily inspire most seesaw fans. But closer to the game, the more a buzz will develop and like an abusive relationship we will find ourselves forgetting about tynecastle with a renewed sense of optimism in the hope of all hope that this year will be our year.

Got to happen sometime. COYS

I think the saints support has a hard core of 2000, a seesaw belt that adds about another 4000 and a wishy washy / geography challenged support that could add another 12000. If we made the final I truly believe we'd see around 16,000-18,000 saints on the day.

That would be incredible if it happened, but we only had around 11,000 tops at the League Cup final in 1999 and there was a big push to get people to that game - plus, it came at a point when the team were riding on a high. So I'm not sure where the extra 6-7,000 fans would come from, given that, if anything, we seem to have fewer fans now than we did back then. Hope you're right though.

I cant help feeling if we were playing anybody else but Aberdeen then we would shift tickets no problem, i think Tynecastle is still very raw in peoples minds. Never the less, since that game i havent been too impressed with what i have saw of the Dons. This game really is there for the taking and TW will be fielding in my opinion a stronger team, mentally as well........ Tommy Wright........ " The force is strong with this one"

Edited by chips