Saints Vs Aberdeen Scsf 12/13 April

David123

After giving myself a few hours to let this result sink in, all I can say is......YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSS!!!!

also

Who is this Steven May that everyone keeps referring to?

Ref played a blinder, and really let the game flow and not blow for every wee trip. This allowed saints to get really stuck into Aberdeen and not worry about yellows and sendings off. I've seen tough matches like this descend into endless yellows and fouls thats killed the game dead. 

This is a first for me and hopefully won't be the last.

Willie Collum, stand up for an award for letting a cuptie flow.

Just a pity that it takes a cuptie for you to let the game flow by pointing to the ball when a player gets to the ball first and ignores the Salmon leap antics of the likes of Pawlett, when he sees an out stretched leg.

Well done Ref. Stevie knew what was coming when he stripped off at scoring the winner and you had no option,as per the rules. 

But,Hey ho,who cares?

Looking forward to the Final. 

COYS.

Despite my pain, it's defo softened the blow that it's the Saints that are in the final. I'm enjoying this thread and all of the obvious joy that every Saint is feeling. Reckon there might be a few hangover induced "sickies" in the Perth area tommorow. Ha!

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Such humility. Well said that man.

I have just been reading through this thread since I got back from the match. I can relate to a lot of the emotions that have shown. It's a dreadful shame that my Dad is no long around and never saw Saints in a Scottish Cup Final.  There have been no tears from me but that is possibly because I still can't quite believe that we have won!. Maybe it will sink by the time I get up and I'll blubber all through budget monitoring....

Magnificent! Many many congratulations. If there is one club in Scottish football who have earned the chance to grace the final of oldest challenge cup in the world....the show piece of the season........ it is the Perth Saints. Robbed by Livy, Dundee, Gretna, Dunfermline, and Rangers, they stood on principle and refused to add to the wage inflation. They have refused to pick the tried and tested old guard of journeyman managers, instead picking from left field much to the benefit of Scottish football, and now an established power in the Scottish system you can reap the benefits. I hope the good people of Perth get behind you like never before.

Raise a glass to your team, your club and yourselves!

A fantastic day out - a fantastic Saints performance! Thought, like everyone else in the first half, here we go again, first chance they get and take it. Glad at half time it was pointed out this lot weren't Rosenborg or a Barca and could be beaten. To a man, they were brilliant, but MacLean, May, O'Halloran were stand-outs. Fair play to Willie Collum as well for letting the game flow, and getting a lot of the calls, especially the big tackles right, made it a much better match.

"In search of the light of glory, one must pass through the darkest of places" - they don't come much darker than Ibrox - and we've done it! Bring on May 17th

That was one hell of a day. Went in to the game with no expectation and had almost believed the hype that the match was a foregone conclusion. After the Aberdeen goal, I feared the worst. An absolutely outstanding 2nd half performance, and special mention for Steven MacLean who was epic and his will to win drove the whole team forward, next game at McD if I hear one of those old Stonkers in main stand giving him abuse they will be getting telt or chinned. Stevie May was also decent, glad he got a chance to shut-up the dandies and that his booking doesn't rule him out the final. COYS

I think Helsinkisaintee and myself might have caused some structural damage to his house when the second went in. Absolutely incredible. Like Abernethy said earlier, straight out of Roy of the Rovers.

Booked flights back for May 17th last month just in case, absolutely buzzing now. Currently on the second nightshift since I last slept and couldn't care less!

COYS!

Well as someone just pointed out on Twitter is it a sign of destiny that Stevy May wears 17 and the final is on 17 May!!!!!!

MAY DAY!!!!

---------------------------------------------

And my wee lad's 7th B'day, just have to try and find a way to afford to get him over! Here he is with Stevie at Christmas before the united game.fj44vyC.jpg

Reading this thread brings it home how much this means to St Johnstone and the town of Perth. Expats all over the world watching and willing Saints into their first final of the oldest and greatest club cup competition in the world. Seen a lot of good, bad and indifferent following saints over the years but so proud to be a Saintee. Cant wait for the showpiece game of the season and the saints fans and the people of Perthshire doing OUR club AND Scottish football proud!

A game of two halves. We didn't press them at all and sat back too deep letting them come at us. There was no width to our midfield or attack, and the through balls and high balls were just getting lapped up by their back four.

Following the cabaret at half time (that auld goalie geezer getting stretchered off) we came out a different team. Moving to 4-3-3 gave us the width and an extra option. We also made a high line and their back four didn't like it.

It was clear we were the better side, and our two goals expertly potted by Stevie made the difference. Plaudits to Steven Mclean, his best game in blue, held the ball up brilliantly, always chasing down, excellent distribution, great head flicks.

Oh and £2.35 for a pie, £2.20 for a Bovril. I told them to do one when I saw the prices.

I feel sorry for the staff who don't set the prices! Lindley staff too at Dundee & United - it's no their fault the merchandise is so crap! :laugh:

Killie have a nice touch selling biscuits with our crest on them.

Pleased the final's not at Hampden - the food there is the worst I've ever had at any ground, overpriced cheap rubbish.

We must write to the SFA to apologise for messing up their showpiece by our team getting there and preventing 200000 sheep going.

Great day!  Robson played more on the left in the first half, then more on the right in the second.  Was that a reaction to Stevie May going wide left, or was

Stevie moved to nullify Robson to some extent?  Small point, but was anyone else irritated by all these balloons floating around the pitch in the first half

(no cheap jokes here about various players)? 

A game of two halves. We didn't press them at all and sat back too deep letting them come at us. There was no width to our midfield or attack, and the through balls and high balls were just getting lapped up by their back four.

Following the cabaret at half time (that auld goalie geezer getting stretchered off) we came out a different team. Moving to 4-3-3 gave us the width and an extra option. We also made a high line and their back four didn't like it.

It was clear we were the better side, and our two goals expertly potted by Stevie made the difference. Plaudits to Steven Mclean, his best game in blue, held the ball up brilliantly, always chasing down, excellent distribution, great head flicks.

Moan Moan Moan Szzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!