Saints Vs Aberdeen Scsf 12/13 April

David123

All in all an amazing day.  Best ever day as a st johnstone and football fan.  It is much better than beating hearts in the semi of the league cup at easter rd because its the scottish cup, because nobody outside the club wanted us to get through, because the stats were against us, because of our record against the sheep...BLAH BLAH BALH  Who wants to win the diddy cup anyway!!

First twenty mins central midfield looked like rabbits in the headlights and they had never seen each other before, midfield weren't willing to carry the ball etc etc.  But what a transformation in the 2nd half.  The change to a 4-3-3 was a master stroke and I have previously been a TW doubter but not not anymore. O'halloran was a completely different player in the 2nd half. But all each to a man were phenomenal.  Also the last 5 mins we showed REAL football intelligence keeping them penned in at their own corner flag.

We'll keep the blue flag flying high!

My first time to a game on a supporters bus and its clearly a good omen so booking a spot on the bus for the final.

Got in at 2 this morning after venturing upto the loft, there's something a bit surreal about seeing loads of saints fans standing round stevie May while he's chatting to someone pointing at him and chanting "who the f**k is stevie May".

That moment at tynecastle, when they goaded us with that one, all the 'should we rest pawlett and save him for the final', the final seating arrangements, the 'Stevie May is the guy that lives in reynolds' pocket', Pat Nevin and the rest of the media telling us how much the rest of the country wants a new firm final, I think it all served as motivation for saints.

Got in this morning after 17 hours on it and tried to watch the game recorded from yesterday, decided I needed the full build up but kept falling asleep and missing the goals, rewound it to a few minutes before them to get into it but kept falling asleep, after 5 goes I gave it up and hit my scratcher. Still not seen them since the game!! Must admit getting a bit emotional all over again reading through this thread.

The whole team were immense yesterday, they just wouldn't be beaten.

Finally to our small army of loyal supporters, absolutely brilliant yesterday. It's not about the ones who don't go, it's about the ones that do.

But the whole May 17 thing, how could we all miss that one before the game??? It was never in doubt!!!

This is our clubs chance to make some coin in merchandise, lets hope they keep the prices realistic, because they will sell out of everything if they try not to fleece everyone

I will be snapping up everything I can on line, even though the Aussie dollar will mean everything will be 2.5 times the price

Let's just hope all the bandwagon fans stick with the club and we can get a crowd and a half there supporting the team

I reckon it will be a thief's wet dream cup final day, the town will be a ghost town, the last person out will need to turn the lights out LAUGH OUT LOUD

Make sure you double lock the doors/windows :)

Having a great morning in sheep land.

Enjoying the revenge wind ups.

Most sheep fans are being no baa' d about the result saying we were the better team and deserved our victory.

Heard that some of their glory hunters were upset (upper tier behind goal) that they were ripping up seats.

Oh how the mighty have fallen.

Its great to be a Saintee!!

The whole team were immense yesterday, they just wouldn't be beaten.

Finally to our small army of loyal supporters, absolutely brilliant yesterday. It's not about the ones who don't go, it's about the ones that do.

i agree dude.

Absolutely incredible stuff. This is the moment so many of us have been waiting our whole Saints-supporting lives for. Many, many Saints fans before us have supported the club through thick and thin without ever getting to experience seeing Saints in a Scottish Cup Final - and now we're going to be the ones who get to witness it. I find it really difficult to put into words what that means, but I feel especially happy for the older Saintees who have followed the club all their lives and may have wondered whether they'd ever get to see this happen.

There's still a big, big job to do though. It's not just about getting to the final - now we need to go there and win it. And I'm absolutely certain we can do it. Come on you Saints.

Also, I'd just like to say that I've been critical of Tommy Wright this season, and there are still elements of his management I'm unsure about - but the job he's done in getting those European results, getting the top six, getting the semi-final of the League Cup, and now this to top it all off - it's absolutely incredible. Well done Tommy Wright, and well done Saints.

Still not come down.

Few thoughts on the game.

Tactically spot on - we HAD to sit deep to ensure that Aberdeen couldn't get in behind as often as they'd have liked. They aren't too pretty at breaking teams down but prefer long balls into the players with pace. The tactic, in the main, worked perfectly. Anyone who thinks we should have been pressing is an idiot and thankfully not the manager of St. Johnstone.

We let them piss about with the ball in their own half, never any danger. The midfield held their shape brilliantly, especially second half, meaning the Dons had to rely on breaking us down with skill, which they couldn't do.

Not a let down in that team yesterday. Mannus pulled off two big saves, the back four were pretty solid, the midfield were energetic, efficient and played the correct pass mostly, again especially second half. Dunne and Millar were giants in the second half. Spoony was a 7/10 throughout but Millar and Dunne raised it to 9/10 in the second half.

O'Halloran was also brilliant and in Macca and May we had a strike partnership that worked their nuts off and showed quality when it really mattered. I gave May MOTM for his goals but Macca pushed him all the way.

COYS!

Unbelievable day. At the airport waiting for my flight, reading over and over this thread and all the great comments. Very emotional day for all Saintees. When McGinn missed his header in the second half we all felt that it is perhaps our year when our name is on the cup! I also looked around at the joy and sheer emotion on everyone's face after our second goal. We could not believe it! It is true, we will be there and I look forward very much to coming back again for that one. Well done to every single Saintees across the globe....

Still not come down.

Few thoughts on the game.

Tactically spot on - we HAD to sit deep to ensure that Aberdeen couldn't get in behind as often as they'd have liked. They aren't too pretty at breaking teams down but prefer long balls into the players with pace. The tactic, in the main, worked perfectly. Anyone who thinks we should have been pressing is an idiot and thankfully not the manager of St. Johnstone.

We let them piss about with the ball in their own half, never any danger. The midfield held their shape brilliantly, especially second half, meaning the Dons had to rely on breaking us down with skill, which they couldn't do.

Not a let down in that team yesterday. Mannus pulled off two big saves, the back four were pretty solid, the midfield were energetic, efficient and played the correct pass mostly, again especially second half. Dunne and Millar were giants in the second half. Spoony was a 7/10 throughout but Millar and Dunne raised it to 9/10 in the second half.

O'Halloran was also brilliant and in Macca and May we had a strike partnership that worked their nuts off and showed quality when it really mattered. I gave May MOTM for his goals but Macca pushed him all the way.

COYS!

Guy behind me wanted May and Macca Subbed off just before we scored!Unbelievable really!!

colin murray is going to do a piece on us getting through to the scottish cup final before 12 today on talksport.

I heard it in the car.  Was a load of rubbish to be honest.  We were mentioned in the top 10 results of the weekend, but behind Hull who beat a team from 2 divisions below them.  And the guy who was with him blethered something about how the Scottish Cup is always won by one of the OF.  Utter dross really.

Well had to watch the game again as to be honest i missed the last 5 mins,i couldna handle it and went out for a smoke. Fecking fantastic result,certainly does make up for all the lows we have endured more so our last two semi finals.Just about all the Dons fans i met afterwards were very gracious even bought me a drink back at the Girvan club,but one low point was the old Aberdeen tosser who had a wee lassie of around 6 yo with him,this fecking clown was trying to have a pop at one or two saints fans outside the ground.Thankfully nobody took him on,wouldnt want the wee lassie to see this sort of stuff plus it would have been daft to risk getting lifted after such a massive game for us.

Edited by chips

Again yesterday must rate up there as one of the best days out i have had as a Saints fan,the company on the bus was excellent as was the club before and afterwards. Special mention to our driver for putting up with us lot. The mini pub crawl back in Perth was superb .God knows how i did it but i managed to make it to the Loft and spoke to Croft,when i say spoke i meant slavered,went to speak to May but just got lost for words to be honest,shook his hand and gave him a pat on the back then walked off.Sometimes words cant describe the way you feel.

Anyway look at these auld tarts going pitchside....

10155121_10200878079033678_4415122751412

Again yesterday must rate up there as one of the best days out i have had as a Saints fan,the company on the bus was excellent as was the club before and afterwards. Special mention to our driver for putting up with us lot. The mini pub crawl back in Perth was superb .God knows how i did it but i managed to make it to the Loft and spoke to Croft,when i say spoke i meant slavered,went to speak to May but just got lost for words to be honest,shook his hand and gave him a pat on the back then walked off.Sometimes words cant describe the way you feel.

Anyway look at these auld tarts going pitchside....

10155121_10200878079033678_4415122751412

Could be included  in a future old perth pics chips

Day-after stories.......

Spoony handing out millions of likes on his brother's FB for all the fab comments about him and Saints. Good guy. FB going mental about Saints. Other non-OF fans being quite gracious.

Drank a bottle of whisky last night. Snoring when the Beloved went off to work (she works with the Homeless), woke about midday, phoned the doc for a repeat prescription - and found I had no voice! Bit embarrassing.

The Beloved collected wur winnings - we had a fiver each on DU and Saints. The Ladbrokes' lassie said as far as she knew we were the only ones who backed Saints in her branch. Shame on you all - the only one with faith was a bird who knows feck all about footy!!! We are putting the £26 return on Saints on the nose in the final. 

AND the sun is shining. :mrgreen: