Saints Vs Aberdeen Scsf 12/13 April

David123

It's too late to start worrying or bothering about numbers now. The sales are disappointing but the focus shouldn't be on those that aren't supporting their team on Sunday, instead those that are. I'm sure if Saints give us reason to cheer, it won't matter if there are 3,000 or 30,000 there, as we saw in the 2008 semi-final against Rangers.

Whilst the underdog talk is understandable enough, we shouldn't be going into this with a sense of inferiority. In some past semi-finals, it hasn't mattered how well Saints play as we knew we needed the opposition to be off their game. That isn't the case on Sunday. If Saints reach the standard we've produced in numerous matches this season then Aberdeen will need to play very well to beat us. The previous match needs to be seen for what it was and shouldn't be allowed to drain confidence. United and Motherwell have also beaten us 4-0 this season but we've come back to beat them both on the other two occasions.

If we make silly mistakes or throw in one of our poor performances we will lose but as painful as some of those defeats are, they are in the minority. It maybe feels like they happen more often than they do because they can be hard to get over but this season they've been very rare. There has been the three 4-0 defeats and the 4-3 at St Mirren but that's four out of 43 matches. Take out the 3-0 at Celtic (and they are a team that if we were facing them we'd need them to have a bad day) and the farcical 3-3 draw with Hearts when we threw it away with nine men and in our 37 matches we've lost just 19 goals and kept 21 clean sheets. That's the real Saints, not the team that has had three or four heavy defeats.

We've scored more goals than Aberdeen since Christmas as well and taking out the head-to-head up there in the league have both won eight Premiership matches in that time. They are a good side with good players but Saints shouldn't feel inferior to a side that hasn't managed to beat Hearts in three attempts this season, were the first team to lose to Partick Thistle at Firhill and needed penalties to beat Alloa at Pittodrie in the League Cup.

We just need to play as we can on Sunday and the rest will take care of itself.

"Road to the double" says the AFC website - stick that up in the dressing room Tommy.  Their arrogance recently is becoming akin to the hosts.

Couldn't agree more, been checking out there site quite a bit recently and they've been talking about a double since before the league cup final. If only they knew how much they sounded like The The fans!

It's too late to start worrying or bothering about numbers now. The sales are disappointing but the focus shouldn't be on those that aren't supporting their team on Sunday, instead those that are. I'm sure if Saints give us reason to cheer, it won't matter if there are 3,000 or 30,000 there, as we saw in the 2008 semi-final against Rangers.

Whilst the underdog talk is understandable enough, we shouldn't be going into this with a sense of inferiority. In some past semi-finals, it hasn't mattered how well Saints play as we knew we needed the opposition to be off their game. That isn't the case on Sunday. If Saints reach the standard we've produced in numerous matches this season then Aberdeen will need to play very well to beat us. The previous match needs to be seen for what it was and shouldn't be allowed to drain confidence. United and Motherwell have also beaten us 4-0 this season but we've come back to beat them both on the other two occasions.

If we make silly mistakes or throw in one of our poor performances we will lose but as painful as some of those defeats are, they are in the minority. It maybe feels like they happen more often than they do because they can be hard to get over but this season they've been very rare. There has been the three 4-0 defeats and the 4-3 at St Mirren but that's four out of 43 matches. Take out the 3-0 at Celtic (and they are a team that if we were facing them we'd need them to have a bad day) and the farcical 3-3 draw with Hearts when we threw it away with nine men and in our 37 matches we've lost just 19 goals and kept 21 clean sheets. That's the real Saints, not the team that has had three or four heavy defeats.

We've scored more goals than Aberdeen since Christmas as well and taking out the head-to-head up there in the league have both won eight Premiership matches in that time. They are a good side with good players but Saints shouldn't feel inferior to a side that hasn't managed to beat Hearts in three attempts this season, were the first team to lose to Partick Thistle at Firhill and needed penalties to beat Alloa at Pittodrie in the League Cup.

We just need to play as we can on Sunday and the rest will take care of itself.

Well put Radford.

Mannus is back Beastie is back Stevie Mac is back Croft is coming on to a good spell as is O'Halloran.

Aberdeen haven't played all that well lately, and as my Dad used tae say "swings and roundabouts son".

Seriously, you canna believe that Dons fans would take anything for granted. I think most of us believe it could go either way but like most Saintees on here, we are also quietly confident. As a guy that has a real fondness for St Js I can't understand why saints can't sell more than 3,000 tickets. Perth just are'na supporting the team properly anymore. When QoS humped us in the 2008 S.C. Semi, 12:45 K.O. 24,000 at the game, 9,000 fae Dumfries. As I've said before I'll be sick if the Dons get beat but would definitely go and cheer on the Saintees in the final. How many could Perth get to such a big event/match for the city?

Seriously, you canna believe that Dons fans would take anything for granted. I think most of us believe it could go either way but like most Saintees on here, we are also quietly confident. As a guy that has a real fondness for St Js I can't understand why saints can't sell more than 3,000 tickets. Perth just are'na supporting the team properly anymore. When QoS humped us in the 2008 S.C. Semi, 12:45 K.O. 24,000 at the game, 9,000 fae Dumfries. As I've said before I'll be sick if the Dons get beat but would definitely go and cheer on the Saintees in the final. How many could Perth get to such a big event/match for the city?

From the City maybe 1K, If the berries are no ripe to pick then maybe 7K from the country :wink:  

If we can pull in 8000 for a euro night i would like to think that we could take a minimum of 10k to a final,but then im a dreamer

Totally agree with Radford and one of honest saints fan earlier posts lets not get hung up on the number of saints fans who wont be there but everyone who is there should get right behind the team from well before the game through the kick off and the whole game (i still dont know why, including me, we the supporters were quiet at the kick off at tynie for the other semi).  If we do go one down we NEED to stick with the team and believe that we will go on to win the game.  As others have said with mannus and macca back and an in form crofty we should be a better team than the first semi.

Even if the flock do shepherd 20,000 sheep to greyskull the atmosphere wont be the same as at tynie as the stadium will only be half full, if that. 

This will be the first game in 23 years ive taken a supporters bus to the game (cheers yahoosir) so looking forward to that.

COYS Saintie til i die.

IF we made the final i'd put it around 6 or 7 ....and that would be dependant on ticket price. IF we went to the final and gained a Euro spot, i think any match at home in Europa League would be a sell out.

Semi-finals are ....believe it or not........not good enough!

The reason that QoS took 9000 to a semi is because it's a total novelty for them to reach that stage of a major cup whereas we do it every other season now and we have lost the novelty value of it, a victim of our own success you could argue.

Anyway I will be there shouting the boys on to victory.

Let's seriously extinguish these feckin sheep.

Mon tae f uck Saints.

Alleged Party in Breach: Tommy Wright (St Johnstone)

Match: Dundee United v St Johnstone – 12th March 2014 (SPFL Premiership)

Disciplinary Rule(s) allegedly breached:

Disciplinary Rule 203: Misconduct at a match by leaving the technical area in the absence of special circumstances and by adopting a threatening and aggressive attitude towards an opposing member of team staff.

Outcome: Breach admitted. One-match suspension applied (suspended until the end of calendar year 2014).

Alleged Party in Breach: Jackie McNamara (Dundee United)

Match: Dundee United v St Johnstone – 12th March 2014 (SPFL Premiership)

Disciplinary Rule(s) allegedly breached:

Disciplinary Rule 203: Misconduct at a match by the repeated use of offensive, insulting and abusive language.

Outcome: Breach admitted. Five-match suspension applied (three of which apply immediately and two suspended until end of season 2014/15).