Ifa Cup Quarter Final - Southport (A) 12.4.14

nips

We will be travelling to play Southport on Saturday 12th April, which is the day before the Scottish Cup Semi Final at Castle Greyskull. It will be a 10:30am kick off on a 3G pitch at JMO Sports Park in Skelmersdale, WN8 8BX (approx 4 hour drive from Perth).

I would guess everyone will be wanting to travel back up to God's Country on the Saturday night so they're fresh and ready for the Saints game on Sunday, however I'd prefer to travel and stay in the area on the Friday night to save doing it all in one go. I know a few have already said they'd prefer to do it all in one day but if anyone's up for joining me in going down on the Friday night let me know.

There are a few options for taking in a game on the Saturday afternoon. Southport are at home to Tamworth and I don't imagine it would be too difficult to get tickets for that. Bolton and Burnley are both at home too if you'd prefer to go to a Championship game, Preston are at home in League 1, as are Tranmere but that's about 20 mins in the wrong direction. Personally I'd prefer Southport for the novelty factor, or Bolton as it's closed to the motorway for getting up the road, but I'm open to any of the above options.

So, for now I need to know:

a) who is playing

b ) preference for Friday evening or Saturday morning travel

c) whether you want to take in a game in the afternoon before heading up the road and if so,

d) which game

e) who can drive

Playing:

Aye - Nips, Barca, Dunbar, Dan, Matt, Pops, Spew, Elvis, Rodgers, Sully, Nick F, Joss, Ruari, Dale, Craig

Maybe - Neil W, Stewart

Naw - Rodge, Kirky, Hendo

Travelling:

Friday - Nips, Barca, Pops, Spew,

Saturday - Elvis, Dan, Dunbar, Nick F, Rodgers, Sully, Ruari, Dale, Joss, Craig

Not sure - Hendo, Matt

Afternoon Game:

Any - Nips, Pops, Spew, Elvis

Not fussed - Dunbar

Southport - Barca

No Game - Nick F

Drivers:

Nips, Nick F, Pops, Dale's missus, Craig

Edited by nips

I'll probably stick with heading down on the Saturday.  Seems it is only about three hours from my bit although Blah is on about meeting him in Carlisle to complicate matters.

I'd like to take in a game seeing as we are down anyway and would have no objection to Southport v Tamworth for novelty factor either.  The others would be sound too.  Sunderland are at home to Everton but imagine would be pushing it to make it there and it means going off in the wrong direction a bit.

Got cover for work on Saturday so now a definite for the game

I'll probably go stay with my pals in Carlisle the night before.  Just depends on work on Friday

Up for the Southport game in the afternoon, not too fussed which game but makes sense if they're at home.

Happy to drive, but most likely be giving Al a lift from and back to Carlisle.

Edited by Spew

Aye if can get a cheap enough hotel then up for that.  Probably be seven bells till ready to leave Hamilton though.  

I'm anticipating 54 clear oots on the way down, the lorry traffic will be minimal on a Friday.  

Stewart - what are your plans for this?

When are you planning on going through and are you planning on driving?  If so, could you take a couple of bodies from Perth if they can get through to Glasgow to meet you?  Are you planning on going to the Southport game in the afternoon?