The Steven Anderson Testimonial 7 A Side Fitba Tournament

The Steven Anderson Testimonial Year 2014/15 7 a side football tournament ( sponsored by Grassicks) will be played on the astro at McDiarmid Park in June this year.( exact date TBC but most likely Sunday 15th ) The plan is for there to be 4 different competitions. I am tasked with finding 16 teams to take part in the over-35's section . The cost will be £80 per team (teams of up to 10). The format will be a round robin with two groups of 8, followed by a semi final and a ...final involving the top two teams in each group. Plan is for 3 games to be played simultaneously. Each game will be over 15 minutes. There will be food and beverages available throughout the day. There are more details to come but at this time I am merely asking for teams to declare a note of interest. I think this will be very popular and as such with spaces limited to 16 teams anyone wanting to take part should contact me now  by email  at  gordongreyfriar@hotmail.com

I am sure this will be a great day and look forward to hearing from you very soon.

Gordon Muir ( on behalf of The Steven Anderson Testimonial committee

Ghostie, I assume from your reply to 541ntees that in fact there is an over 35 tournament and, in fact, a 35 and under tournament rather than an under 35 tournament as well?!

I promise you I'm not being pedantic but I have a few lads who are exactly 35 and it will make a difference as to whether we can put in one or two squads.

Perhaps you can just confirm for the avoidance of doubt!

Cheers

Ghostie, I assume from your reply to 541ntees that in fact there is an over 35 tournament and, in fact, a 35 and under tournament rather than an under 35 tournament as well?!

I promise you I'm not being pedantic but I have a few lads who are exactly 35 and it will make a difference as to whether we can put in one or two squads.

Perhaps you can just confirm for the avoidance of doubt!

Cheers

Tis dead simple. If on the date of the tournament, you are 35 years old ( ie it is your birthday, ) then you will be 35 and so many hours and minutes . OVER 35. If you are 35  but your birthday has passed.. OVER 35.

If you are 34 ( and however many months, weeks and days)   UNDER 35..

I hope this clears up any possible confusion..

Always glad to be of assistance. :wink:

Ghosty I can sense a sigh in your reply!  Therefore, I won't ask about the chap who was born at 2:45 PM on 15th June and therefore technically becomes over 35 halfway through the tournament! (-:

I will be in touch after I get a roundup of bodies but so far we definitely have a team for the over 35's.

Cheers

Tis dead simple. If on the date of the tournament, you are 35 years old ( ie it is your birthday, ) then you will be 35 and so many hours and minutes . OVER 35. If you are 35  but your birthday has passed.. OVER 35.

If you are 34 ( and however many months, weeks and days)   UNDER 35..

I hope this clears up any possible confusion..

Always glad to be of assistance. :wink:

What if you're 35 on the day of the tournament and the actual time of your birth happens to be halfway through the tournament?  Do you start the day in an under-35 team and transfer to an over-35 team at the relevant time?  Just asking like.....

What if you're 35 on the day of the tournament and the actual time of your birth happens to be halfway through the tournament?  Do you start the day in an under-35 team and transfer to an over-35 team at the relevant time?  Just asking like.....

yeah ( sighs) :wink:

:confused:

Please accept my humblest apologies laddie. I had a brain meltdown and thought I was talking to Macho Hepburn, who I had been talking too elsewhere shortly before I replied to your post.

For the record, The Inspiration is not, and never has been a currant bun.

I on the otherhand, have been a dipshit more than once. :wink:

Please accept my humblest apologies laddie. I had a brain meltdown and thought I was talking to Macho Hepburn, who I had been talking too elsewhere shortly before I replied to your post.

For the record, The Inspiration is not, and never has been a currant bun.

I on the otherhand, have been a dipshit more than once. :wink:

I think you should do more than apologise really.  Polish the guys shoes or something.