Disgraceful

Havana Saint

Double standards I think, we/fans can sing, shout abuse, swear and it is all okay, A football player/manager says boo, and it is all over the papers, this internet thing. Pathetic really. 

well seein' as he was there as a FAN and no' a player, w.t.f. has it got tae dae wi' anybody else apart from the CLUB he was there tae support?

total non story fabricated intae an outrage by the weedgie media again.

and hertz ARE goin' bust goin' bust.

Edited by Oldermoresensiblepack

I remember a few saints players in full song at a player of the year do at the Moncrieffe a few years back, songs that included "In yer Dundee slums" "We hate Dundee" etc...... Nobody gave a shoite then and as far as i remember nobody thought it was disgraceful either. Or when we won the 1st division at Muirton fans,players and officials singing "Ayr Ayr f**k yer Ayr" from the mainstand. I hate the thumb heided fool like many others but i wont slate him for singing in a pub along with his mates and other fans of the club he actually supports,its no as if he was spewing out bigot pish or thigs about past disasters (Ive heard horrid songs about Hillsbourgh and the likes} thats a major no no

,its no as if he was spewing out bigot pish or thigs about past disasters (Ive heard horrid songs about Hillsbourgh and the likes} thats a major no no

Except that it was racist, discriminating against Skacel for being from the Czech Rep, which doesn't even make that much sense

In yer Dundee slums may be an unpleasant song but it doesn't discriminate against people for being from another country, and in our current state of public morality there is apparently nothing wrong with discriminating against those from other towns, which is why LG is in trouble and our players weren't.

Careful you don't further out yourself as a idiot dinosaur

When discussing racism and sectarianism or any other isim, we cannot refer to what happened in the past. We cannot change what went before no matter how wrong it was but we can change the present. I remember Celtic fans singing disgusting songs about the Ibrox stair disaster and Rangers fans using racist chants towards Paul Wilson (Black Celtic player). These songs may have been very inappropriate but were accepted. With modern Laws and global communications they are totally unacceptable no matter how trivial they may seem to certain people. Football Players and Managers have a position in society which they cannot abuse because young supporters look up to them as heroes and imitate their every word and action. This position of responsibility and trust requires a higher standard of behaviour than normal. It also means that they are subject to higher punishments as their behaviour is an aggravation of the offense because of this position of responsibility.  There is no place for isims in our society and the offenders should be severely dealt with. 

No more than Saints players singing about Dundee slums. Is that not classed as racist as much as singing about gypos or any other who you consider to be morally beneath you?

Seems to me that there are far far too many people waving the holy as thou flag on here lately,or are they just blatantly looking for a response. If they arent picking faults with our own support they feel the need to nit pick on other subjects where a sufficient "The guys an erse,he should ken better than to behave like that".No, what we have here are people wanting to rip every little syllable he sang apart and make him into a racist hooligan who has a tattoo of C18 and Hitler inked down his back. Yeah the guys an arrogant pleb who will throw his career away due to off field antics,but people are taking this OTT.... Politically correct really is getting tedious

No more than Saints players singing about Dundee slums. Is that not classed as racist as much as singing about gypos or any other who you consider to be morally beneath you?

singing about gypsies would incur sanction, but as I said before singing about someone being poorer than you, whilst you could easily build a strong case for it being morally reprehensible, is currently not seeing by contemporary moral standards as being on the same level as racism.

It isn't about being holier and anybody, its simply the fact that Griffiths participated in something that is well known by most to constitute racism.

You are entirely entitled to your views, and I'm entitled to consider them under-developed and out-dated

Has another player not been in bother for singing this song before?

I remember Neddy Malone got into trouble for singing a song about Bobo Balde.

He has put lennon in a bit of a predicament. NL previously stated and discrimanatory/sectarian/racist behaviour would be instant sacking!

FWIW The hearts are going bust chant was a non event for me, tell him to wise up and move on. The SFA made themselves look silly with the charge. This on the other hand is more serious

Seriously what a load of pish,in normal circumstances i take a back seat but this thread really is showing me why we have lost so many old time posters. Been a member of this board and the original for many years but now i can see why loads of my old mates/posters dont come on here now . Im off and yeah i'll let the door hit me on the arse on my way out

He started the song according to reports, that's not getting carried away. Has previous for racism too. He's a disgusting wee ned.

Dinnae stop there. When did this previous occur?

Who was it against?

Did you witness it and report it?

Or did you just hear/read about it and thought you'd spread it a bit thicker?

Fans have been charged for some sort of aggrivated racial charge when shouting it about Rudi. In the eyes of the law the song is racist. That's the facts. Neil Lennon has to sack him!

what fans have been charged?

is it the ones in the pub or is this in the past

please give details

what fans have been charged?is it the ones in the pub or is this in the pastplease give details

Another piece is pish poor reporting by the weidgy media.

Hibs v yams when the song was sung by deeks no one was charged but according tae the daily ranger

"scores of fans to be charged"

Yet not one was.

Fact I was there in the Roseburn singing along when the polis arrived.

Didnae stop the record though.

Too busy deflecting attention fae the mess at Snake Mountain.

(see Rick I read yer posts :) )