Disgraceful

Havana Saint

Are you trolling now? What you are writing now is so mind-blowingly stupid it's making me wonder.

Any topic you wish that doesn't constitute a criminal act. 

If are really so desperate to sing a song about someone but can't think of anything that doesn't highlight their race/sexuality/nationality, then you really need to have a look at yourself

Me trolling?!! you come out fae under yer bridge and come out wi' that?

As a full Corporal in the PC Brigade (recent promotion), I actually think there is nothing at all wrong with the "Heats going bust" stuff in general - we've all written worse on the Ibrox thread. And I think the "refugee" song only just makes it as slightly naughty - not good, but not really too much too get excited about. Though it is true that if you don't come down hard on the little stuff, you gradually legitimise the more serious stuff.

I think some are missing the point - the SFA's (and Celtic's) issue with this is that an employee of one member of a professional association isn't really supposed to join with supporters of a different member to slag-off a yet third member. In any other profession, this would be a misconduct issue, and I think actually Celtic have been quite constrained (possibly due to the fact that if they sack him, they are a million or so down and lose next season's goal-scorer).

At the end of the day, it's all about showing each other respect, which leaves plenty of room for banter. Some folk do get awfully excited and aggressive about the fact that someone, somewhere, dares to disagree with them.

I think some are missing the point - the SFA's (and Celtic's) issue with this is that an employee of one member of a professional association isn't really supposed to join with supporters of a different member to slag-off a yet third member. In any other profession, this would be a misconduct issue, and I think actually Celtic have been quite constrained (possibly due to the fact that if they sack him, they are a million or so down and lose next season's goal-scorer).

At the end of the day, it's all about showing each other respect, which leaves plenty of room for banter. Some folk do get awfully excited and aggressive about the fact that someone, somewhere, dares to disagree with them.

I don't think you're correct, and I don't the SFA care about the 3-club triangle. They would be bringing the same charges if he had been with Celtic fans, or if he was a hibs player. Celtic might be more concerned by this.

To be honest I think Celtic weren't even bothered about the Hearts going bust song, but they had to put on  public face due to the fact our PC world meant them not doing so would cause issues for them.

As for the refugee song, the SFA and Celtic are angry for different reasons. The SFA because it breaches numerous rules and, Celtic, not for any moral reasons but for the hypocritical situation you have correctly identified with its potentially costly results. (They won't sack him)

Edited by Jiangsu Sainty

I despair of the PC folk who, at the slightest excuse, jump on another's post labelling it racist or calling them a dinosaur / fascist etc.

I'll be at Ibrox for the semi. Any of you who small-minded shits who have called me a dinosaur / fascist or Tory apologist here on this forum from the safety of your keyboard can come up and say it to my face. I'm in BF1 row R, 6' 3" with short hair, beard, black waterproof jacket, and a nine year old.

Since i have the dinosaur views and obvious racist thoughts,i've noted yer seat number down mate. I'll pop over and we can exchange "sieg heils....."  i mean high fives,high fives,yeah high fives

:wink:

Just for clarity, I don't doubt any of the above and never called you a racist, just used the term dinosaur to suggest your views on it (which you are entitled to have) are somewhat out of touch. The good riddance clearly said IF you were the type to leave a forum purely because people weren't happy with LG's racism. Seeing as you are still here and still posting in Saints Chat, there is no good riddance involved.

just for clarity the term you used was idiot dinosaur

maybe you should not call someone a idiot

In January 2012, a Dunfermline Athletic fan was fined £200 but escaped a football banning order after singing the same song during a match at East End Park against Hearts the previous October.

The fan pleaded guilty to racially aggravated breach of the peace for the chant aimed at the former Czech Republic international.

Aye but it's nae racist eh.

Aye but it's nae racist eh.

Exactly, the police and law of Scotland consider it racist, but it was just some poster on here making it all up.

Plus who cares what the police think, I'm no a racist I can sing whatever I want, especially if some foreigner comes here and dares sign a contract for hearts purely so he can get paid money, right. Right?

Do I fit in with the good old crowd now lads?

Edited by Jiangsu Sainty

I've watched the footage. The first one is from a camera phone near to where Griffiths is sitting and the hibs fans start singing "Sparky, Sparky, geez a song, geez a song", etc. He stands up pumping his arms disco style and joins in singing "na-na na na-na-na-na na na na, Hearts are goin bust, goin bust, Hearts are goin bust" to the tune of Baby Give It Up (ironically).

The next footage is from the other side of the pub where a rendition of "Rudi Skacel is a fukin refugee, a fukin refugee, a fukin refugee" to the tune of Yellow Submarine, You can see Griffiths in the distance in the same spot dancing then sitting down.

Depending on the timing, it's more than possible he's sitting down from the Hearts are going bust song.

For the record, I think Griffiths is an odious little turd; but I truly believe this has been blown all out of proportion.

Exactly, the police and law of Scotland consider it racist, but it was just some poster on here making it all up.

Plus who cares what the police think, I'm no a racist I can sing whatever I want, especially if some foreigner comes here and dares sign a contract for hearts purely so he can get paid money, right. Right?

Do I fit in with the good old crowd now lads?

No fannies allowed .

Exactly my take on it but my views seemingly make me an idiot racist dinosaur,....What fun :laugh:

Speaking of blowing things out of proportion, no-one called you a racist. One of the other words used may have been slightly regrettable.

Even if we decide that it has been blown out of proportion, for arguments sake, this has been done by the legislators and the police. It isn't the PC brigade and keyboard warriors but the laws of the country. I don't get what is so hard to understand about that.

As stated previously, anyone who thinks it had been blown out of proportion is in my view ignorant of the wider context and implications, accurate as their views may seem to them of the incident at hand.

Speaking of blowing things out of proportion, no-one called you a racist. One of the other words used may have been slightly regrettable.

Okay then, i (and others) was deemed to be a racist apologist but another poster. So what else am i blowing out of proportion,the fact my way of thinking on this subject is like an idiot dinosaur   Your words not mine, so which one do you regret  ???   You and others dont like my view on this subject yeah thats what forums are for big deal,but i havent felt the need to be insulting .....Yet 

Okay then, i (and others) was deemed to be a racist apologist but another poster. So what else am i blowing out of proportion,the fact my way of thinking on this subject is like an idiot dinosaur   Your words not mine, so which one do you regret  ???   You and others dont like my view on this subject yeah thats what forums are for big deal,but i havent felt the need to be insulting .....Yet 

Idiot was the one I meant as being slightly regrettable, it over-stepped the mark for the purposes of the discussion and I'm sorry.

Dinosaur however is only as insulting as you make it

Post 32.... "Didn't realise WAP was full of racist apologists. It's true when they say you don't know what type of person is behind the keyboard. Very embarrassing for anyone who is trying to defend Griffiths"

Im maybe an "Idiot dinosaur" but even i can see that your post was directed at myself and the minority.

Even though I didn't use the term racist apologist earlier, I'm happy to stand by it now.

It doesn't make someone a racist, but there were people on here trying saying that the racist acts of others (LG) were OK, for a variety of reasons: it is just singing at a football game, it isn't even racist, it isn't on a big enough scale, etc.

I'm with HSF that anyone posting that is embarassing themselves, but that is just my personal view.

Even though I didn't use the term racist apologist earlier, I'm happy to stand by it now.

It doesn't make someone a racist, but there were people on here trying saying that the racist acts of others (LG) were OK, for a variety of reasons: it is just singing at a football game, it isn't even racist, it isn't on a big enough scale, etc.

I'm with HSF that anyone posting that is embarassing themselves, but that is just my personal view.

You and HSF need to get a room.....and be outraged at each other for a while :D

Even if we decide that it has been blown out of proportion, for arguments sake, this has been done by the legislators and the police. It isn't the PC brigade and keyboard warriors but the laws of the country. I don't get what is so hard to understand about that.

As stated previously, anyone who thinks it had been blown out of proportion is in my view ignorant of the wider context and implications, accurate as their views may seem to them of the incident at hand.

I have kept out of this thread because I do not think that little toad LG is worth all the hassle. However this post is over the top.

Firstly, the grammar of the second paragraph is very bad. Whilst the legislators, the Scottish Parliament in our case, make the laws and the police implement them. I do not think many educated people would disagree with the current laws on racism or bigotry but there will be some and we have to educate them to the error of their ways. Some of the laws are difficult to police, such as when a large section of a football crowd sings non PC songs. You cannot arrest them all.

I think the LG incident has been blown out of proportion, I am not ignorant of the wider implications. Celtic dealt with this very quickly and that should have been the end of it. There is no need for the SFA or the law to get involved, it could end up LG getting 3 punishments for this incident. That is not right, whilst football is not above the law, Celtic have issued a substantial fine and a warning to LG on his future conduct.